Is it possible to live off translating books?

Is it possible to live off translating books?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OsIz-aG076g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I imagine you would still need water and food.

My brother translates all kinds of texts between English and Japanese for a living. He gets by, but it's not super lucrative.

I like to live off of the blood of Jesus Christ personally.

You will be competing against all the other people in the world who know the languages you do and have an internet connection. Considering how much lower the cost of living is in some other places, it's not a good idea.

who is this semen demon. (sorry for bad english)

Ginny Weasely.

This. The barriers to entry are very low.

Tf, mate? That's obviously Luna Lovegood.

I almost typed Luna but went with Ginny. I have trouble associating names with faces.

Yes

>/b/-tier humor on Veeky Forums
Stop

This is why Veeky Forums needs a like/dislike option for comments.
You'll also need air, the books are dead trees that can't produce O2 anymore.

It is worth it if you have the right languages.

Translating isn't as simple as normies here think. You go for it if you want to.

How hard could it be?

How much for a book?

Is this faggot worth reading? I just finished the Iliad and I'm kind of interested in Homer's Daughter and The White Goddess

NO.

It's shit. You spend hours translating just to live on the minimum and get by.

DO NOT do it.

>emma watson

youtube.com/watch?v=OsIz-aG076g

Apparently it's 10$ per page so 4000 for a book, how is this bad?

>10$ per page

Unless you're somewhat a big name, yeah man, keep dreaming

Google said so

Not sure about Homer's Daughter, but White Goddess is one massive ode to his eXXXtreme femdom fetish

His Myths is good, though the interpretations veer into the White Goddess esotericism. His translations of Suetonius and I think other stuff are good. His memoir is good. His historical fiction is all good - I Claudius, Count Belisarius, King Jesus. Also I believe his war poetry is good.

These are people who are getting contracted to translate a novel. You'll be translating corporate documents about shipping procedures and shit.

This. I have been doing a couple of correction works for a hobbie just two years from now, and it's always been shitty paid

>inb4 aristotle fallacy retard quote

Translating other stuff pays more.
>Medical documents
>Technical guides
>legal documents

This. You have to be well informed on the topics though