Smart-shaming

What do y'all think about idiot culture? Are we still going to be calling people nerds when we're in a spaceship going to other solar systems? Would it affect anything to have a culture that disrespects science while we are exploring space?

I'm really tired of the moron producing welfare state.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EvmED6XH-3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CzyPN8-AbJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>calling people nerds
There is no smart shaming anymore. Nerd doesnt mean smart person it means an akward virgin who plays dungeons and dragons and reads comic books. These people should absolutely be shamed

Nerd has been replaced with "autistic" for the most part.

No that's dork. People still call science enthusiasts nerds.

see

>3 posts in this thread
>mine +2 replies

>welfare state
if you are referring to the US, it is not a welfare state. moreover, states with better social support are also more educated. (California, New York)

Problem, kid?

It is a welfare state, and by welfare state I mean food stamps and section 8, not scholarships.

Being smart is fine user. Being a nerd is being smart coupled with low emotional/social IQ and obsessive consumerism. That shit ain't attractive.

>virgin

Nah people still spaz out when you tell them what you do for a job or in your free time as a science enthusiast even when they ask. Also generally every one is ignorant about the most basic scientific things and lacks even a minimal amount of curiosity. There's no real respect for STEM with how important these fields are for humanity.

There is a lot of respect for them what are you on. Most people just associate STEM with spergs and nerds so they mock it, but I know a lot of people that aren't like that. If you are intelligent enough, and you come from a good home, you will also have gopd enough social skills. I know a lot of nerds who fail miserably in uni when anything that requires real smarts comes into place.

What a surprise, someone who believes social welfare is the cause of 'morons' also believes "we are exploring space", what are the odds?

Tell you what, genius, explain this clip and you may just be one of the smartest people alive.
youtube.com/watch?v=EvmED6XH-3Y

Extra credits:
youtube.com/watch?v=CzyPN8-AbJQ

They use harnesses when they need to be positioned in one place together for interviews like that. Check out the woman's necklace in your first vid. The rest is just retardation by people who don't know anything about video compression that and about 100 other retardations to pervasive to even remotely go into detail about. In fact, it is hurting my brain by the amount of stupidity of the person who made the vid.

>California
Pic related, that's one of the most brainlet states in the union

MIDWEST STRONK

Brains are respected now, especially if they make money, except in subcultures mostly populated by stupid people. The US had past periods (free farm handouts, post-WWII unionized industry) where stupid people could make just as much money, so they could look down on smart people as wasting their time, but that's not sustainable.

I don't think we should make fun of dumb people, but instead take advantage of their inability to think for themselves.

>see states by demographic makeup
checks out

Biological units with IQs below 100 shouldn't even be called fully human or sentient, hence their opinions are worth about as much as chimpanzee's grunt Don't concern yourself with the opinions of subhumans. Some of them are secretly jealous anyway.

There are "welfare states" within the US, though, meaning states that take more money from the federal government than they generate in tax revenue. These states are also, universally, red, with deep seated conservative cultures. Cali and NY, by contrast, are donor states, propping up states like Alabama with their tax dollars.