Space Travel

So Veeky Forums, when are we gonna colonize the stars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EvmED6XH-3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CzyPN8-AbJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Colonization of the stars starts right after we decolonize science. If non-white scientists already made it to mars thousands of years ago then they can do it again.

What's the point? The stars will fizzle out anyway.

We should be trying to control time and space so that they do not. Ya herd, Elon? I know you read this dumb board.

Stars cannot be colonized. They are too hot for humans to live on them. We should colonize the planets orbiting the stars instead.

what did he mean by this?

>he

Can't believe Veeky Forums is still so sexist everyone still just assumes I am a "he" and misgenders me constantly.

Elon Musk has recently stated that SpaceX's goal is to colonize Mars within less than 10 years.

non-white scientists made it to mars thousands of years ago?

WE WUZ ASTRONAUTS N SHIET

Mars orbits THE SAME GODDAMN STAR AS WE DO

Unironically this. Anyone thinking otherwise is living in alternate dude weed space lmao reality.

Colonize anything beyond Mars? Not any time soon that's for sure

I would say even anything within mars.

colonize your mama, she's also beyond Mars, though in her diameter.

we should primarily colonize space with giant space ships and have bases on planets/moons/asteroids etc just for resources and whatever
the problem is we need really fast ships
maybe we just do everything super slow and calculated so it doesn't fuck up

>using unironically, ironically
literally the worst human

No, we're gonna die before the year 3000. Or at least we're get close to it.

>non-white scientists already made it to mars thousands of years ago

Pic related. Couldn't be whiter.

Venus floating cities.

>stars
When we invent magic. Science doesn't allow interstellar travel. As for the solar system, it's dead, expensive and uncomfortable. So probably not in a thousand years if ever

Literally half as far as Mars

Of course travel to the stars is possible, without violating any laws of physics.

Google "Generation Ship" for starters...

Generation ships are a scifi meme. Good luck keeping your crew alive for thousands of years. Or actually don't, your starship parts start to break after 20 years anyway

Colonizng other planets is a sisyphean task. We should travel to other universes instead, because the entire universe will end too and what will we do then? We can probably do it right here from earth, without any need for faster than light travel. You guys are so short-sighted. You need to think long term.

AI robots will repair it while we're comatose

your retard

The solution to interstellar travel is to BE AI robots. Meatbags are just too difficult to keep alive outside of our home biosphere.

>space tech thread
>endless shitposts
>space is fake niggery
>/x/ bullshit
could probably find more competent people on /b/ for fucks sake

We will be able to harvest passing meteorites in about two decades imo. so space colonisation is out of question for now

>Type I.5 Civilization harnesses all the butts of a planet. Carl Sagan refused to comment on this stage.

imagine what that would look like

Why bother? There are no cute Russian girls in the stars. We should colonize Russia first.

His blood is black...

>Science doesn't allow interstellar travel.

If it's scientifically possible, it's eventually doable.

>build interstellar probe from the atomic level on up, via nanotechnology
>this ship is composed of machine "cells", designed to both compute and "digest" matter to create copies of itself, like hot-rodded brain cells, but infinitely tougher, more flexible and smaller than living cells
>they can also create other types of machine "cells", and even organic cells
>interstellar probe is only a few grams in mass
>use enormous EM accelerator to launch it at nearby star (or stars)
>leaves solar system at an appreciable percentage of light speed
>sacrifices part of its mass to decelerate (again, in the grams, due to its tiny size)
>upon reaching nearby star, first mission is to build a transmitter from a captured asteroid or comet it "eats" and establish data link to "home"
>then build more duplicates of itself to launch at more stars (a la Von Neumann)
>it will never be necessary to send more than one successful probe...all it needs to "build" another civilization around the target star (whether its biological, or more likely, virtual) is information from the data link to "home"
>galaxy and universe eventually enveloped by this machine "organism", either at light speed, or something faster, it that's at all possible

Should be possible in ~100 years, definitely 1000.

>Probe gets around a star
>Build infrastructures

>Build a radio receptor
>Get a radio signal from home transferring to its database the consciousness of wannabe colonists
>Biological bodies are then grown there
>Consciousness are implanted into bodies

>rockets

Just fucking stop. You ain't going nowhere.

Why the fuck is anyone so offended of the concept for space travel or colonys? Its only purpose is so the human species doesnt just die out on some single fucking rock and has some chance to understand what kind of universe we are living in. Even if it takes millions of years , we were monkeys sitting in a goddamn forest a few million years ago so how is it so far fetched that we could "leave" the jungle again.

All aboard the meme train to mars

nice meme post, did you read it in your scifi magic book?

Laugh at Elon all you like, but this is his reason to get up in the morning, while you don't have one.

He says if you don't aspire for humanity to survive long-term, there's no reason even to have a civilization besides lame creature comforts. You need something to make life worth living, something to remind you that all of this will not be for naught. I used to be a detractor too, but he really convinced me. If this Mars exercise seems a bit silly, it's just because this is our first baby step. Without that first step, there can be no further steps.

Sure, we'll get to 'the stars' any year now, just look at where 'our money' has taken us already

youtube.com/watch?v=EvmED6XH-3Y

youtube.com/watch?v=CzyPN8-AbJQ

...The only thing that ever entered space was your imagination

Ever heard of cognitive dissonance? It's a 'big word' for refusal to acknowledge or even consider that one may have been mistaken, or fooled.

Have some official art from your heroes at nasa(v. hebrew; deception)

It's a composite image. This is too easy

sorry but the only hope for colonizing stars with any kind of speed would be with the old Orion concept starship. Everything else from Kardeshev radiation black hole drives and Alcubierre warp drives require tons technology that either doesn't exist, may not work the way we think it would,or may not even be possible to build. I'd make case for a fusion drive but again, doesn't exist yet. If I had to guess... 500years and I'm being very optimistic.

Being this desperate and bored.

two . words

MEME . DRIVE

'composite'
I think most people call that art, or a painting

inb4 illogical attempt to explain why they can't get a complete, unaltered photograph of earth

What's wrong, not enough attention span to watch and offer an explanation for a 2 minute clip?
Or is it something else?

The pictures in the squares aren't even the same.

>completely baffled by cognitive dissonance, I draw up an image macro of my presupposed strawman opponent, for anyone who challenges my currently held beliefs must fit my categorization of 'the other'

Don't you have friends or stuff to do during the summer? Maybe clear out your Steam backlog?

never we're stuck here for good

>Science doesn't allow interstellar travel

That's not even true. It might not allow RAPID interstellar travel, but nothing says it just disallows it entirely.

Also stop thinking of science as absolute; it changes over time and you can only really ascribe current possibilities with current science or technology, not far-off ones.

This. The problem is though that mars is "relatively" near for us, other solarsystems are gonna be problematic

We wont.

There is nothing bad in human species dying out. Also we can try to create a computer model of human brain and have robots colonising the space for us.

It might take some sort of technological revolution

>i'm too lazy to have fun
>i know, i'll make a robot to do it for me

in this case, you want to BE the robot

>2123 ad
>be 21-year-old Martian
>old enough to drive a spaceship
>go to the Muskian Spaceship Hangar
>pay M$5000 musks for a mid-size Space Cruiser
>take a month off work to explore the Andromeda Galaxy

We were born too early lads

the difference between living on mars and visiting andromeda is like going to the store vs. going to alpha centauri in a rocket

>engineers
laughinggirls.jpg

tits or GTFO roastie

stupid normies pretending to understand science makes me REEEEEE
believing in interstellar travel is almost like believing in god except instead of bible you blindly follow black science man documentary despite everything going against it
go on post your hat memes