Biology isn't sci-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9NOncx2jU0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
scientificamerican.com/article/device-lets-blind-see-with-tongues/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was gonna say that's an example of engineering, but there's a woman in it.

is she actually moving it?

this is awesome

Proofcucks BTFO

Biology is mother of sciences.
Physicist and mathematicians BTFO

20th century was the age of physics
21st century will be the age of biology

that's the wrong side hand though

If legit this is very cool. Do you have a source for this video?

we've had this shit for like 10 years

greys anatomy did this like 3 years ago

Oh shit, you're right.

Science has failed again.

I'm going back to Jesus.

>ywn be tossed off by a qt with a bionic hand

Youtube is simply full of this shit and nearly all of them claim it is the "first" at something.

youtube.com/watch?v=9NOncx2jU0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w

The problem isn't that is it reversed. The problem is that there's only 1 hand. Why not control more than one? Why not allow someone who isn't disabled to control extra arms?

That's engineering

>engineering isn't a science
>computer science isn't a science
>biology isn't a science
>anthropology isn't a science
>psychology isn't a science
>sociology isn't a science
>math isn't a science
>theoretical physics isn't a science

Veeky Forums - Science & Math

Sign me up for project Doctor Octopus immediately. I'll even legally change my name if that's what it'll take.

If you have any DIY skills at all you can do it at home. You just need money. Haptics and GSR really aren't difficult fields. There have been mind-controlled games and interfaces on the commercial market since the mid-1990s (MindDrive). But, they never really caught on since they were retarded for the most part due to being extremely low end cheap parts with shitty GSR detection.

>Why not control more than one?

Because it is against G-d's Law

Engineers think they're so smart, they put a right hand on her left arm

You really have no clue how that kind of protheses work, do you

>muh science is more scientific than your science

>Not wanting two right hands.
It's likely she's right-dominant (most common type). Wouldn't you want two right dominant hands?

it's fucking me up that her left arm is controlling the movements of a right hand

kek

when will it be my turn for a one armed qt

>left arm
>moving a right hand

Neurobiology and cognitive science (especially AI) in particular, but microbiology will kick some serious ass as well.

this fuckin guy hahahah please sir, inform us lmao my fuckin sides

I didn't know I had this feel

Every single relevant innovation that comes from biology will be done by chemists, physicists, engineers and so on.

Wouldnt you rather have 2 right hands than a right, and a stupid left?

By virtue of working in the field, they'll be biologists.

Contrary to the memes you've internalized so heavily, you aren't your degree.

This is more robotics than biology.

PCR didn't come from a physicist, chemist or engineer it came from a biochemist,

every single scientific field inclusive of engineering and tech collaborates together when bringing forward new technologies. Sure they're distinct from one another, but require expertise from each field to fill the gaps of knowledge lacking from each other.

This anons right, often discoveries made in biology are noted as contributions to "medical science" that doesn't mean the people who discovered it are GPs.

>that man's nervous tapping

he's thinking about robotic-hand jobs

This is engineering not biology.

>implying
21st century will be the age Europe and America get flooded with muzzies and niggers and science dies.

>PCR didn't come from a physicist, chemist or engineer it came from a biochemist.

But the way of processing and optimizing the process did.

Can't we all just agree that we need each other to advance in our fields instead of using our insecurities and arrogance as weapons for meaningless circlejerking ?

That is Engineering.

Mechanical & Electrical Engineering.

The most crucial thing is biology though. You need to first establish that she can send electrical signals down there and then somehow record them and program around them a robotic tool.
The rest is basic robotics a highschooler can do.

And then she just has to get used to what signals she needs to be sending to move the arm the right way - takes practice.

The robotic hand moves based on movement in her chopped off elbow. It's not connected to her brain. You don't need to know squat shit about biology to make this.

If you ever read spiderman you would know why

>The robotic hand moves based on movement in her chopped off elbow. It's not connected to her brain. You don't need to know squat shit about biology to make this.
See, you are retarded

OF COURSE it's connected to her brain. Motor cortex -> motor neurons to muscles in her chopped off elbow -> el. signals get registered by the censors around her elbow -> arm programmed to move in response.

She just has to learn what signals to send.

You don't need to know biology to make this work. You sure as fuck need to know engineering though. Veeky Forums once again realizes that engineers are the most important part of STEM.

>implying you could do any of that without funding and resources
Economics again proves to be the king of all sciences

>You don't need to know biology to make this work.
Without the neurological insight none of this is possible.

>That's Enginering

That's Electrical & Mechanical Engineering.

>You don't need to know squat shit about biology to make this.

Biologists BTFO.

>economics

Biologists BTFO.

>That's Enginering

>That's Electrical & Mechanical Engineering.

>This is more robotics

>You don't need to know squat shit about biology to make this.

>That's an example of engineering

You can't collect taxes and run a nation without force which requires weapons which require gunpowder. Chemistry king of sciences.

This

It depends on the prostheses. Some connect directly to implanted hardware. Others use GSR. GSR is the best course of action since it is non-invasive. Combine that with haptics and you have an amazing control system for just about anything at all.

You can get GSR modules for $10 off the shelf now, from robotics stores. The only real difficulty is the programming which would be best done using an AI, similar to most learning robotic AI.

>without funding and resources

So, you want him to do with using only strong will power and magic? Because, you can't do a damn thing at all without resources. Maybe you should reword your post.

The future of handjobs is here.

Robots are taking our Jobs.

But Thankfully

Robots will give us Handjobs, Blowjobs, etc ... the Oldest Jobs

>The only real difficulty is the programming which would be best done using an AI, similar to most learning robotic AI.
Why is the programming complicated?
I'm guessing you'll have to do some parameter tuning, but isn't the person supposed to basically learn how to use the arm?

That's engineering.
Tru.
Spotted the high-schooler. Cognitive science has nothing to do with AI, little boy. It's better that I crush your dreams now so you don't kill yourself later, trust me.
That's wrong, but what is not wrong is that physics and chemists will collaborate with biologists more and more, and in turn biologists will be forced to learn more math and physics.
Tru.

You know they could have spent that money developing a biological hand instead, right.

>Cognitive science
>nothing to do with AI

>tfw this probably isn't even trolling

are you STUPID

how dah fuck to these things work to they really already have such a sophisticated understanding of the human cns that they can do this shit

I don't get it

kek

you don't need to understand how CNS works
you just need to make some sort of an interface between CNS and some electronic device
CNS does the rest
scientificamerican.com/article/device-lets-blind-see-with-tongues/
it's like learning to move using a bike, brain just figures out what signals to send when a desired movement must be made

The issue is that the signals received from the stub aren't constant. Due any number of reasons the signals either get weaker or there's a bias to them. That's where AI can comes in . You can program an algorithm to fine tune the mechanism

21st century will be the age of computer science and ai

cuck

You can't produce chemical reagents without plants, rocks, and oil. Natural resource extraction is the king of sciences.

engineering is applied science, it is nothing without the science to apply

How the hell are you suppose to control a prostheses with GSR, much less extra arms?

it doesn't have anything to do with AI you dumbfuck

Using her left arm stump to control a right arm, genius.

wtf I want to fuck robots now

She's so happy she now can do handjobs.
It really melts my heart.

Well this means bioinformatics is the job of the century.

!!!

Next step is handjobs over skype

Absolutely my friend.

Fuck that's true.
Does anyone know how easy the biology part of bioinformatics is?

Filthy computer fag here

so all they have to do is connect the cns to some device with feedback and the cns figures out the rest on its own?

spoopy

You just need to know the basics and then the rest comes later I think. Some basic genetics and biochemistry would probably be enough, but it depends. If you wanna go into structural bioinformatics you should know something about protein folding etc.

That's a myoelectric prosthesis. It sucks the use can't do much more than open and close the hand.

Also it's engineering.

Engineering = science??????

Engineers are not scientists but use science to create or further improve things.

>Business/finance major

fixed that for you

>use science

That's not science

bioinformatics is as much chemistry as it is biology, you have to have a good understanding if inorganic chemistry as well as the previous user said with relation to structural biology.

Sounds good. Thanks

9/10 would breed, because
only 1/10 would not breed

Zero biologists were involved in making that arm. That's the work of some mechanical and a bunch of electrical engineers.

>biofags hijacking engineering achievements again

Just because some bioengineer made progress in prosthetics engineering through his knowledge of biology doesn't make biology a non-shit science and it doesn't make biologists look any better, especially you bio undergrads (who probably aren't even interested in prosthetics anyways because dude premed lmao).

SCIENCE IS TEAM WORK NOT A COMPETITION YOU FUCKING BRAINLETS.