Who has read Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning? And is it worth reading?

Who has read Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning? And is it worth reading?

>psychologist tries to do philosophy without a good editor the book

Well it both starts with P after all

Ordered it, pretty hyped about this.

Got it for christmas, only read the intro and some of the chapter summaries. Looks fantastic but I'm an unashamed fanboy of are Jordan so I would think that

>thinking they're mutually exclusive
>thinking JP hasn't studied philosophy extensively on his own time
kys >>>>>>>>>>>>/reddit/

So you shouldn't attempt to write a book on a subject in which you do not already hold a PhD.

I don't see the reason for all the hype over this guy desu. He triggers SJW types which is good

>$85 on amazon

I don't think he chose the price, since he offers it for free as a pdf but god damn what are they thinking?

He communicates in a very sincere way and is very refreshing as opposed to the post-modernist relativist trash that we've had to deal with for the past couple decades

I think it's sold as a psychology coursebook and they always kike out massively if they think you might need it for college

oh my fuck, when will the buttmad fembois of Veeky Forums stop pretending that JBP is clueless just because he eviscerated their illusions

I'm reading it right now, I'd say it's on par with a lot of other philosophy books in terms of how dense the material is. There aren't too many paragraphs, especially in the first section on neurophysiology, that you can breeze through.

I tried to follow along with his 2016 Maps of Meaning youtube lectures, but the book needs to be read on it's own.

Go for it user, it's going to help you marshal your arguments.

he sends it to you autographed if you sponsor him on Patreon.

You can get a "free" signed copy if you support his patreon with $25 for a month, just terminate the subscription afterwards.

again, it's free as an ebook. he's not making anyone pay for anything

>paying for it when you can get it for free on libgen

When will the Redditors leave this board?

enjoy being part of the kgb botnet

To be honest i tried reading the ebook and i couldn't get through it. It's not like his videos and the writing feels unnecessarily stiff

It's challenging, but ultimately rewarding.

>enjoy being part of the kgb botnet

Jokes on you, I use a Mac.

He gives it out for free on his site.

do you think he will add a surrogate father option for pateon sponsors?
How much would you pay for him to read you bedtime stories via Skype?