Hyperion Reading Group

>2017
>Not immersing yourself in German Idealism

Literally what are you doing senpai? Rectify that right now by joining the Hyperion reading group.

Jan 21 - Jan 28, no strict schedule, just be roughly halfway done by Jan 25. You can go faster if you wish.

discord.gg/paAXMdF

Unlike most meme Veeky Forums reading groups we actually finish the books we start.

i'm into it

maybe.

>discord

what is this normie shit?

>posting on 2017 Veeky Forums
>complaining about normies

top kek

It's a botnet.

lol I thought this was the Dan Simmons books at first.

good to know. Will be reporting this post then.

>Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed specifically for gaming.
>for gaming

even worse than normie shit.

Discord is just a chat app you fucking spergs.

bump for german idealism

t. kantian

you should recruit kantbot

group is shit, avoid. full with poseur brainlets and ageing former avant-teens who confuse obscurity with profundity and abrasiveness with erudition

>holderlin
>obscure

hello brainlet

Wow these guys are fucking FAGGOTS. I came in to share some essays on Machiavelli I wrote and the completely ignored me. Not only that, they had absolutely no sense of humor. They keep badgering people to read the classics but they haven't read Tolkein, DFW, the list goes on.

LMFAO. More good shit from Pinky. Winston, if you're reading this, pin that bad boy tf up.

I'm pretty sure this is the same server I joined a month back and left in disgust after all the circlejerk shitposting. Do yourself a favor and don't bother.

Words: 56,982
Gunning fog: 10.6

OK, KID.

I was sexually harassed by people on that server

sorry luna ;(

Fuck off.

Troll server

I joined ages ago and was kicked for retarded reasons

Meph's Veeky Forums discord is way better and more active.

Invite?

only people who get kicked from this server are people who dont read

so i guess we know who doesnt read

>more Veeky Forums 2.0 circlejerk trash

Sage.

I'd read it but it's being done on a discord which have a tendency to cause exactly the kind of
>HEHE SWAGLORD420 I KNOW THAT'S YOU
>HAHA HEY MAN ;) C U AT THE DISCORD BABY ;) !!!!!!!!
faggotry this thread is exhibiting so I think I'll just read it on my own and hope you all die of AIDS

we try to separate the /soc/posting into a containment channel and leave the literature/reading group channels uncontaminated and free from shitposting. we do a pretty good job at it i think.

did you get banned for spamming /pol/ links?

we finish our fucking readalongs at least.

is this true? can people confirm?

#general and #degeneracy_containment (formerly known as #socshitposting) are general/shitposting/socposting contianment channels

the other channels are pretty on topic

shit place. should be deleted.

kill yourself desu

post pics

can confirm

Is it okay if I read the Simmons novel?

Absolutely. You're going to have 1000x more fun.

>is it okay if I read philistine scifi flick lit
It's your choice, but if you ever want to experience the wider reaches of the human spirit, what the Germans call 'Geist', you should read Hölderlin who's as relevant today as he was then.
Case in point, in Hyperion, the narrator says something like 'the state becomes hell when people try to make it heaven'. It's a paraphrase because it's been a while since I read it, but Hölderlin was on point several times and the language is beautiful to boot.
Meanwhile Simmons is just a one-off scifi novel with your typical world building and plot to distract the reader.

i like both desu