Flannery O'Connor

>Flannery O'Connor
>Gene Wolfe
>Walker Percy

why do all my favorite writers turn out to be Catholics, Veeky Forums?

Flannery O'Connor is a women. you like her. Conclusion? Your brainwashed, kid. go back to /r/books or tumblr

shut da fuck up

catholics love ephemera, it's why the irish are so god tier.

catholicism is the single biggest influence on the western canon as we conceive of it today after the greeks, it's only natural

you can even argue that catholic influences > greek influences

t. leftist retard who thinks women aren't inherently inferior and ought to stay away from art and politics

Congrats, you're the reason Western civilization and whiteness is falling

Most good authors are christian. The remainder are agnostic.
>So I'll never see a decent atheist writer?
Not beyond Sartre and Nietzsche desu.

>you're the reason Western civilisation and whiteness is falling
damn that dude must get up early for an user. i'm lucky if i change my socks before reading one of the many faggots or women that comprise the literary greats since the dawn of humanity.

sartre isn't a good writer. especially not compared to nietzsche. beauvoir is even a better writer and thinker, though she's not terribly great at all. sartre wishes he could write like nietz

>women and degenerates
>literary greats
You're on Veeky Forums, not on facebook, dumb idiot

>i don't even have a minimally autistic knowledge of my hobby
you're on Veeky Forums baka, get good or neck yourself

>Chesterton
>Virginia Woolf
>James Joyce
me too, op

I said decent.

not really. especially not on a scale with nietzsche who wasn't really an atheist, since he thought god was going to go on for a long time past one death

If that's what your understanding of Nietzsche's views on God amounts to, then you're in no position whatsoever to be making comparisons.

>be philologist
>claim god won't be dead until grammar is
pretty sure you're mistaken by a hilarious measure, user-tan

>Congrats, you're the reason Western civilization and whiteness is falling
1- how long have you been married?
2 - how many kids do you and your wife have?

Modern women are degenerate disease-ridden whores, there is no reason to associate with them

Because Catholics have double vision - they see the world very pragmatically and very mystically at the same time

>being born to degeneracy
poor you, blame your ancestors

lol

Does being an captital-E Edgelord bring you happiness?

Lack of capacity for non-literal thought is a telltale symptom of autism.

so you disagree with nietzsche's definition of god and want to use your own special snowflake one that includes only the belief systems you can list? how literally prescriptivist.

In other words
>you are a degenerate bachelor because you believe the ridiculous lies of Feminists and Liberals
>You are doing nothing to further civilization
>you are not having White children to save the White race
You are less useful to civilization than an illiterate slave - for the slave can provide labor of value

>implying I haven't redpilled this board singlehandedly

A year ago it was nothing but Marxist scum, now it's redpilled and white nationalist

>redpilled
So you freely admit to accepting the ludicrous tenets of Liberal Feminism as fact?

>Flannery O'Connor
Confirmed for nu male cuck

Nietzsche's claim was a thinly veiled way of saying God's role at the center of society's shared consciousness was ending. Only a true aspie could possibly conflate what he said with a belief that there was a real God, and making that mistake renders much of his work incoherent. An idiot sometimes squints very hard and sees profundity in incoherence, which is probably why you hold him in such high esteem.

>he missed the point of the new idol
m8 have you actually read nietzsche because you're either faking reading him or genuinely retarded

you're also still trying to hew nietz's definition of god to your definition of real God. nietzsche didn't draw a distinction between the realness of objective grammar rules and the realness of objective moral rules. both are real gods.

No, but apparently you did.

protip: don't try faking reading the nihilists, it's like faking being a brony. if you're talking to someone who doesn't know shit about nietzsche or schopenhauer, they'll think you're a weirdo like fur faggots, and if you're talking to someone who's familiar with the canon and culture, they'll tear you to shreds with autistically precise citations. schopenhauer fans especially because half his work is obsessively correcting kant and that rubs off.

What's the practical difference between an atheist author and an agnostic one?

>nietzsche was a nihilist

How does one b themselves tfo this fucking hard and not even notice?

nietzsche believed everyone was a nihilist, he's the marker for the distinction between active and passive nihilism (which is usually schopenhauer, and amongst nietz's main beefs with schop). thanks for shitting yourself in public with glee, i guess.

>Reading female writers

Yes, good goy. Just swallow the bluepill

Can I get an "autistically precise citation" on that one or do I have to settle for the autism?

>leafing through the author's genitalia
whore

Kritische Studienausgabe 12:9 [60]
or if you want the problem with schopenhauer you could start in genealogy of morals (i think that's the common english title) III, 7
It's obviously more pervasive than that, but you're a babby who needs to be spoonfed sentence by sentence and citation by citation to later vomit it up in a disordered mess and call it fact like that isn't anathema like schopenhauer's contradiction to your professed liking of nietzsche. kek

>offers autistic citations
>accuses of needing spoon feeding when facetiously taken up on offer

Not helping the image of a completely literal thinker.

>asks for citation
>is upset when he gets it
>is even more upset it proves he's been overliteral in understanding nietzsche and nihilism and that his god of grammar might be dead
do you hope it'll go out choking on it's sympathy you for11?

Flannery O'Connor is my waaaifu. She is objectively best girl.

Or a real alpha who has a working libido.

I remember reading O'Connor back in high school and her writing definitely had a strong and lasting impact on my life.

Not sure if Gene Wolfe should be in the same post as her but I hear great things about the meme author/Pringles guy.

bump.

3 words man: hella f*ken EPIC!!!

Why do alt-righters always post "degeneracy" as their only argument as to why something is bad? It's basically a mere spook tbqh.

Also if by "degenerates", you mean homos, non-whites, alcoholics, druggies, adulterers etc. then like half of good lit gets thrown into that pile.

Thanks Armani.

cause you're a filthy shitposting croat

Why do leftypols always post "alt-righters" as their only argument as to why someone is wrong?

Joyce was lapsed and I can't say I could put Woolf in the same bag with Chesterton.
I prefer Wolfe to just about any other Catholic author except Dante, if we don't include philosophy and theology. Really, New Sun is the best epic since Comedy. I recently read it for the third time and it's inexhaustible.
No, I am the filthy shitposting Croat. I haven't read Percy.

Woolf was irreligious slash not a good writer

Not sure why she's made an appearence

Explain.

The Catholic Church promotes science and learning. Protestants promote creationism.

Sartre is an awful writer. There, I said it.