Why does lightning look like trees?

Why does lightning look like trees?

Because they're made of electreecity.

trees are made of wood

wood floats

Unless they're eletreec.

Because everything in the universe runs on pressure mediation.

They're both branching structures where branches tend to point away from their neighbors. In trees it's to efficiently distribute leaves throughout a volume of air, in lighting it's electric potential in the atmosphere moving through corridors of ionized air that coalesce into larger ones to follow the part of least resistance

Why don't they look like cities then?

cities look like galaxies

kek retardedly funny one

>He doesn't know about electric trees

>>he doesn't know about tesla trees

Because Nature is lazy fat bitch and likes to repeat itself.

Because trees are the electricity of the tree. Do you understand, wn fome?

I was expecting some asshole to be like: I don't know, why ARE YOU SUCH A USELESS FUCKING BRAINLET. lmao

Intelligent design. As above, so below.

a better question is, why do trees look like lightning?

it's cool how lightning can shoot upwards

good one

Field propagation I think.

fractals

We're here for tree puns, not science.

Looks more like mould.

You see multiplying random walks with a vertical drift due to a potential.
The Townsend breakdown is a simple similar phenomena

Same reason rivers look like trees, I think.

The leaders concentrate electric field due to how sharp the leaders are and they all just ionize local air and propagate due to that reason. I'd assume the main bolt is the completed circuit to ground and the branches are the leaders that failed to find ground but had enough charge to propagate back up its branch and go through the main bolt finally to ground. These branches have enough rerouted charge to illuminate the tree that you see as lightning.

but what about trees?

Wut. There are multiple leaders making multiple branches because it takes time for one of those leaders to reach ground and turn into the main bolt. It usually ends when one leader makes contact with ground.

This halfwitted semi-nigger coon faggot is correct, rivers and lightning look the way they do because of the same principle, that is, that energy always follows the path of least resistance.

Lightning came before trees

Did trees steal lightning's look? Should lightning sue??

>Why does lightning look like trees?
Well, the lightening is trying to find the path of least resistance all the way down. Where two smaller branches meet going down, they combine to a bigger branch, and so on.

Trees are doing the opposite, they're growing upwards right, but the path they're trying to find is the optimal amount of sunlight. I guess you could say instead of least electrical resistance, they're trying to find the path of least light resistance, ie. the areas of high light resistance are the shady bits, low resistance are the sunny bits.

But what the fuck do I know, I'm a brainlet who's currently taking a shit.

they grow into the light

Because reality works on a fractal pattern God set into it

fpbp

Therefore?

tress burn from lightning because there witches

I thought that God was the start of a new sentence and it totally threw off your vibe.

lichenburg fracture or electrical treeing

"Once the electrical stress exceeds the dielectric strength of the plastic(or air), some portions suddenly become conductive in a process called dielectric breakdown.
During breakdown, branching tree or fern-like conductive channels rapidly form and propagate through the plastic, allowing the trapped charge to suddenly rush out in a miniature lightning-like flash and bang."

"Electrical treeing is observed to originate at points where impurities, gas voids, mechanical defects, or conducting projections cause excessive electrical field stress within small regions of the dielectric. This can ionize gases within voids inside the bulk dielectric, creating small electrical discharges between"

that's what happens... but why does it look similar to a tree? there is a shared trait between the two... what is it?

branches that originate from a trunk or crown are the shared trait

or there's really no similarity because the lichtenberg fracture is always fuzzy, while a tree does not branch nearly as much

I still dont understand why it's so erratic looking though. Is that just impurities that have a lower electrical breakdown at certain points and that's why it branches or is there some other reason