Tfw fell for the civil engineering meme

>tfw fell for the civil engineering meme

Good riddance, gullible idiots shouldn't breed.
On a more serious note, what do you not like about it and why did you choose it?

I really liked it, too bad there are no jobs when your country isn't shitting buildings and infrastructure everywhere for GDP growth (read China)

Easy solution. Move to China.

Seems like a perfect place to me. Now i regret i didn't go to civil engineering.

What country? The US infrastructure is old as fuck so civil engineering is gonna have a boost in the coming decades. The years of GOP ineptitude and unwillingness to do anything kind of pays off in the long run (as long as a Dem president and Congress happens after this faggot in office).

did you pass the FE exam?
If yes then you are in for 4 years of shitty low pay apprenticing to be eligible for the PE exam and licensure.
If no then why did you bother going to college in the first place?

FYI after you get your license you make hella money and have comfy life.

You know that you don't really have to work as an enginner, don't you?
That's what's so amazing about doing engineering.

stop hanging urself

It's literally the best engineering field in terms of employment rates after graduation, dummy.

Meme engineering fields are like EE and ChemEng, the former which has literally NEGATIVE growth, and the latter which has slow growth and NO FUCKING JOBS.

reincarnate urself fagit

come back as something tasty

>If I take away your concrete will you die?

civil engineering has never been considered ambitious or useful

what are you talking about?

what the fuck

where are the jobs then

>Shitty low pay as an EIT
You must've worked at some shit companies. I just graduated and I've got a pretty cozy (for a single person) salary right off the bat.

To add: My state is decoupled, so I get to take the PE exam after only 2 years :D

Thanks for vomiting unnecessary political bullshit into the thread, user. I bet you feel super proud of yourself.

If you can't find a Civil Engineering job in the US then that's on you, bud. Literally everywhere, try searching.

You didn't fall for a meme, your country sucks

Did you get certified, like taking the FE exam?

>EE
>NEGATIVE growth
You can always get a job as a coder.

yeah if you went to a top 5

otherwise, they'll just pick from top tens like Berkeley. EEs are definitely not favored at all for code monkey jobs over CE and CS

Berkeley is a top 5.

Literally any city. If you are seriously having trouble with CivE you did nothing in college (low GPA), no internships, aren't applying enough places, AND are not willing to relocate (which shouldn't be necessary unless you live in the sticks)

The catch is that I went to a shitty school. My GPA is actually a 3.8, and I have an internship.

>unlicensed with a MET bachelor's but skilled in structural analysis
>work at a small business
>their engineer died a few weeks after I started in a car crash
>mfw I'm on his salary right now because my boss is claiming that he's still alive and working for the company whole I do all the loading calculations

that's fucked up

Then apply to more places (hundreds) and expand your area of search (be willing to relocate)

Do this very fast you don't want to be out of a job for more than 6-12 months

So you make too much money for your position because your boss believes in ghosts?

Its probably to pull a fast one on some clients to make sure the clients don't pull out.

what you're doing is literally a felony. Enjoy prison when you get caught.

Sorry snowflake if I made fun of your God Emperor.

Nobody in the establishment is interested in fixing the US infrastructure. This is a decaying country.

PE in civil, feelsgoodman. Jobs literally everywhere. There will always be infrastructure.

>CS degree
>2.1 GPA, shitty state school
>No internships

>Got a job a 8 months before graduation and have been working for a year now

go to china.