What is your favorite childhood series?

What's books embody your childhood and do you have extream nostalgia and love for? One of mine is the Ranger Apprentice series

>What's books embody your childhood and do you have extream nostalgia and love for?

None. While I read books as a child, I am not nostalgic for them because honestly they were not that good. I have since moved on to adult literature which has given more than enough to think about without regressing to childish works.

The only kids books I ever think back to are ones like Ferdinand the Bull or Farewell to Shady Glade which had beautiful pictures.

Those shifty vampire books by Darren Shan or some shit.

Also geronimo stilton but those were based

Snicket, actually. Glad to see him making a comeback.

Red wall series.

Autism isn't the right word to describe this person...Um, I meant thing.

This is not even something to be meme'd. You are beyond meme'able right now. Fuck. You're fetid.

You are wrongness on a whole other level. Tragedy and Schadenfreude altogether into a horrendous impossible feeling of revulsion, just at what you said. I feel sick knowing that something out in this vast cosmos had the gall to even post that.

Please fuck off and never post again.

Never really read fiction as a kid. I really liked those Eye witness books.

came to post. would buy a new red wall book every summer when we took a trip out of province to visit my grandparents.

t h i s
h
i
s

Doubt I read anywhere close to all of them, however.

This,
the first one I red was taking place in a fake summer camp ; at one point they faked the death of a kid and I was terrorized.
Also there was the "My teacher is an alien" serie, and some books from Daniel Pennac but I doubt you will know them

I read the shit out of Poe as a kid. Sounds pretentious I know, but he was the first author to get me into romantic, visually evocative prose. Fall of the House of Usher remains one of my fav. short stories to this day.

is that the one where in the end the parents are like "you're going to a strange place called earth."

yes

All my friends read Rangers Apprentice in early primary school, and as much as I tried to like it, even at that young age it felt too simple and childish. Felt left out t b h

In 5th/6th grades, I was really into Sherlock Holmes and this book about history's worst dictators, then the zombie survival guide hit.

The Immortals series by Tamora Pierce
That and Pern books, particular the Harpers of Pern series.

ASOIAF is a pretty good YA novel series, I enjoyed it when the first books started coming out. But in hindsight it's kind of shitty.

I go by 'Todd' among family and friends, in honor of the series' character.

>a fake summer camp ; at one point they faked the death of a kid and I was terrorized.
Like they were "filming a tv show" or some shit? The nightmare street series, I think.

My favorite was the one where the main character didn't have a bellybutton because he was an alien and there were these little tribble with teeth aliens that were hiding in people's stomachs and making them eat dirt.

Some of my first books were the encyclopedia brown books. Made me want to be a detective and influenced my career choice. I also read Louis Sachar and for some reason projected sexual tension into the wayside school books.

I also really enjoyed ASOUE. He had fun with words and gave me confidence that I shouldn't stop reading just because I got bullied for it.

>Like they were "filming a tv show" or some shit?
no actually a kid is sent to what he believes is a summer camp, but finally it's some kind of a test to see if he's strong enough to go on an exploration mission with his parents
/sorry bad english desu

I think that's a different one, maybe. The MC in the one I'm talking about is a girl.
She kills a girl on accident and everyone hates her, but then it turns out it was all a show?

Hmm, the book I'm talking about is from the Goosebumps series