Amazon sucks

THANKS AMAZON.

Every fucking time I order from them, something is fucked up.

Nice blog.

amazon is shit for book ordering more news at 11

That's nothing in my shitty country bookstores have these 3 mm alarms attached (impossible to remove without killing the book) and sometimes more than one.

>Finish reading Iliad, want to read more about Homer as an author in specific
>Order a book about Homer from Amazon
>Get The Iliad in the mail

now I have 2 copies

wtf i hate rainforests now

Do you retards not have amazon prime? Customer service will bend over backwards for you if they fuck up absolutely anything. I return books because the fucking dust jackets are creased if I feel like it. Never had a problem getting a new copy right away.

this

betas can't even into e-commerce it's amazing

I'm not even sure what you're bitching about but it does piss me off when I order a book from Amazon and they package it in a box that's too big so the book shifts all around during shipping. They used to packaged books better, I'd rather not have a brand new book that has fucked up corners, kind of defeats the purpose.

It's missing the first 8 pages of the book

Yes, that's Amazon's fault and not the publisher's.

what book? i can think of plenty that could use an 8-page shave

i also live near plenty of famous used bookstores so I never buy new. I get hardcover first editions in pristine condition. Amazon prime is great, people who complain must live in the UK (though Foyles and Waterstones are fuckin based. I'm always amazed how much the average European reads, and how actual literature goes out of stock there.

Amazon usually works for me. When they do screw up, they fix it. They sent me the wrong edition of a book last week, I told them I needed the right one, and they said don't bother returning the wrong one, and the correct edition arrived two days later. I've been buying from them weekly since 2003.

That has nothing to do with amazon: do you expect them to pre-read all your books to make sure the printers and binders didn't fuck up anywhere? Tell them the problem and they'll find a good one and send it.

Australia. I know this feel too.

Are you in Alice Springs? That's the only place I had this problem.

>order book online
>get in in the mail
>it's the large print edition

Great I'll just save it until I'm eighty, I'm sure I won't have burned it for heat or traded it for food rations by that time.

>paperback

kek

huh what am i looking at exactly?

Page number.

I bought Brothers K from Amazon. It ended at page 372....

This. Prime is great. The only time they've messed up an order of mine was sending two copies of Ada or Ardor.

Is Prime worth it? Next day delivery for free is fun, but I figure you'd have to use Amazon a fair deal to get a fair deal.

If you can get student prime it is great. I'm still paying half price and it's been almost 3 years since I left college.

Everything but the delivery is fairly meh though. Prime video is shit and prime music is mostly useless if you already have a collection.

>buying from amazon
>buying mass maker paperbacks
you have no one to blame but yourself

That's what you get for not buying from you local bookstore, faggot.

Not really, the free shipping obviously isn't free (remember you're paying money to have free shipping, right?)

I got the free trial shit, the shipping wasn't much faster than the regular free shipping. Everything else included didn't seem very uselfull.

>local bookstore is run by old people
>they keep fucking up orders
>as if that wasn't enough i have even less control over what edition i get than when i buy shit myself because i can't look at the computer screen where they order shit while i can do that when im at home

and that's why my local bookstore is going out of business

>local bookstore
>Germany
>hardcovers:
>reference works
>coffee table books

Nope. South East Queensland.