Rec books written post-nov 9 2016

rec books written post-nov 9 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/30075733-the-continent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pic looks pretty comfy OP.

goodreads.com/book/show/30075733-the-continent
Anyone read this? It's getting lambasted for racism and stereotyping - but also for prose; but only by the people who are going at it w/r/t racism - so I'm thinking it might be legitimately interesting? It's just there are no excerpts.

From the first sentence of the summary I didn't give a fuck about this book. Leave it to rot with the rest of the trash.

mi diario desu

First sentence of that summary ain't great, but read the second and third.

Enjoy the next 8 years, fag

holy shit this is a hilarious picture

Can I read it?

Why would I want books post-nov if I weren't a Trump supporter? I assume we'll see a good deal less trash from here on out.

not even the artist could keep from making them shifty eyed

I don't understand. Why doesn't the Muslim boy have a daddy. Are those his lesbian mums?

Le evil cis white men look pretty comfortable in the bottom right corner. I'd be okay with this

>Anyone read this YA trash?

Some people on this board are autistically compulsive with their reading, and devour like 12 books a week. Some of that's YA trash.

Mom and sister I'm guessing? His dad probably flew to someplace in the middle east to go Aloha snackbar in a suicide vest.

>Mom and sister
This does not exclude the possibility of them also being his lesbian mums.

>the comments section of that page
>publisher pushing back release date to censor the book

that guy in the back is a mexico boy

This is what made me think it might be good.

I mean, I actually do want recs, so bump

>Review removed while I listen to ongoing discussion about this book.

nothing has really come out yet, books that were just getting promoted last winter are starting to trickle out now. wait til summer

I always get a laugh out of how blunt political cartoons are
>Hmm, how do I subtly convey that this pig, with his monocle, his top hat and his big bag of money, embodies the shortcomings of capitalism? Oh! I know! I'll write: 'dirty capitalist pig (BAD)' across his back and I'll make the starving children around him say: 'stop Mr. Capitalist Pig, if you take all that money we, Inoccent Orphans, will starve!'. And with that I have launched yet another clever jab at those evil corporations. My satirical mastery knows no bounds.

Sort of related, I actually stopped my subscription to the NYRB.

Since Trump has been elected they have been aggressively seeking out every work that comes out anti trump, and using them to create soapbox polticized reviews. Im not even enamored of trump, its just garbage with almost 0 reviews of books that arent by zadie smith

Topkek, user.
Satirical cartoons mocking blunt political cartoons when?

Political cartoons really are the lowest form of art.

I think this is from /pol/ but it's actually pretty accurate

literally Kelly Comics

Kelly Comics are pure literature

that's actually pretty funny

haha there's a crying statue of liberty in every one of these i've seen

shit like this is why Trump will win a 2nd term

do these people never learn

Trump looks like of one Bogdanoffs in this pic

Ben Garrison