Veeky Forums screencaps/bluetexts

Give me your best

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerostat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont have it anymore, but someguy made a thread a year ago where he made an extremely detailed rape simulator. Everything from different genomic crosses to amount of vaginal wall tear from repeated abuse.

You could build houses block by block, sneak around (stealth system), etc.

It was really fucking weird

Here's my version.

appreciate the contribution.

>we have had the tech to go to alpha centari for 40 years
>we have had the tech to send manned missions to mars for 40 years
>brings up budget, its about 2.4% that of the military
>IF ONLY WE HAD 1% THE BUDGET WE'D HAVE COLONIES HURR DURR
>70% of the US budget is military meme
>all social programs are bleeding heart good causes
What a fucking retard

T. Person that wants to go to space

>completely ignoring the point of the cap just to shitpost furiously

That infographic is always pretty problematic for a variety of reasons. Some of which the OP screencap touches on.

Its just so... fucking stupid

The loli rape simulator, man that guy is messed up.

Those are dumb ideas put forward by sci-fi addicted know nothings.

disprove them fuccboi
you can't claim others are know nothings when you yourself know absolutely nothing

>disprove them fuccboi
>Invest time in gathering together some facts to post on a Mongolian shitposting forum.
No thanks senpai.

>thing is fake
>ok why
>I wont tell but I still say it fake

It's written by someone who thinks that floating cities on Venus are feasible. That's a red flag right there, it immediately tells me that this person has an IQ too low to actually engage in any form of constructive discussion.

>being this much of a brainlet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerostat

The density of the Venusian atmosphere is not static until you hit space, it thins out as you get higher
At roughly 50 kilometers, it has a density and temperature similar to that of earth, and thus, a balloon with regular air in it would be able to float on it, due to simple buoyancy
all the structure and personal suits would need is protection from sulfuric acid rains and it would be more than possible to live there

just because you do not know something doesn't mean something isn't possible, friendo
why not learn things instead of declaring everything impossible

>I'm going to build cities on Venus made out of blimps
Fuck off retard.

>still shitposting
I bet you took pure math, believing the 300k starting meme

>Ha! See Archimedes principle exists.
>Checkmate atheists
Go back iflscience faggot.

does not the existence of such a principle show that such a principle could be used?
balloons exist, so explain in specific terms why balloons don't exist, or why they would not work in that environment in particular

back on topic, chums

>does not the existence of such a principle show that such a principle could be used?
No, since there's no guarantee that it'll scale very well.

Does anyone have the ">study number theory, >still can't get a girl's number" screencap?

if there's little to no evidence saying it work work, while there is a lot of evidence proving it very well could, doesn't that mean it be best to test the theory further?
we've gotten floating things that were quite massive, zeppelins are huge and there is nothing stopping them from being made even larger
they only stopped being popular because the lifting gas they needed was a highly flammable one, which is not the case here

and to add on this, Nothing says the city has to be a single balloon, it could easily be a grouping of several, if there happens to be a limit on how large one can be
a bundle of lifting pads instead of one big fuck off blimp

We don't need that much data, to keep some mass [math] m [/math] buoyed up we need to displace a mass of air equal to the weight of the mass. The problem here is (if we assume that we'd use spherical balloons, and we would use them) the volume is going to grow with the cube of radius. So the volume of the balloon is going to grow very rapidly.

Why would we use spherical balloons though, would make very little sense to do that
if weight becomes an issue, we can always just build wider instead of taller, and disperse that weight over a larger area

>Why would we use spherical balloons though, would make very little sense to do that
Spheres enclose the largest volume for a given surface area. It's the most efficient shape for this kind of project.

>and disperse that weight over a larger area
It'll still weigh the same, so you'll still need to displace a weight of fluid equal to the weight of structures. You can't cheat physics.

and with a wider area, you have more room for more balloons for more lift

Yes, but you'd need the same amount of balloons. So you still end up with the problem of the volume growing rapidly.

*same volume of balloons.

then it looks we're SOL on that one
good thing we'd have an entire earth sized planet to work with
we'd probably have 5-10 kilometers of air to expand the balloons into before it started getting too nasty on them, so if we get to the point where we have multi kilometer balloons holding everything up and it's still no good, then we've probably saturated that area with people and industry and can start focusing on spreading shit outward to make use of more area

You see, this is why I called you a retard right at the start and said it was pointless to engage with you. I pointed out why this wouldn't work (the rapid growth of the volume of the balloon), your response is
>lol who cares.
Reality cares. Now fuck off back to iflscience.

shitposter go and stay go

it does not have to be a world ending concern, when the amount of volume available is more than enough for the balloons to grow

>shitposter go and stay go
Oh that fucking rich you colossal faggot. I've spent the past hour and a half explaining why this wouldn't work, and all you've done is "lol shitposter, lol i dont care". Shit nigger, you didn't even know that small fact about spheres until I told it to you, you thought that would be a dumb thing to do. Face it you've not got a fucking clue but you think you do. Here, please read
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Why can't Veeky Forums get decent moderation? This clearly belongs on fucking Veeky Forums or which ever board deals with speculative fiction.

>That's not scientifically possible.
t. Every scientist right before some great inventor proved them wrong.

Face it science was wrong about powerd flight, light bulbs, and AC power transmission. Sure you might say that, right now, a sphere maximise the enclosed volume for a given surface area, but what about in 20 years time? It's only a matter of time until someone engineers a more efficient shape than a sphere.

You haven't been explaining though
all you've done is say balloons have to be round and big, and thus that makes everything impossible and that nobody should ever even try

you never did explain why it would be impossible, all you've done is explain how it would be easily possible and perfectly viable

Why don't you do some math user, tell us how large a balloon must be to support the weight of a, say, some factory. Lets put that at something on the order of 1000 tonnes. I'll wait.

I'd like to remind anyone reading, that this is your average sci-fi fag.

>It's only a matter of time until someone engineers a more efficient shape than a sphere.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAH
AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AH
HOLY
JESUS
AHAHAHAHA

You can find that freak over at /agdg/ or /hgg2d/

>disprove them

No. I'm not wasting my time again. You should have been here 5 or so years ago when this shit was first posted on Veeky Forums and it was shot down word for word.

>while there is a lot of evidence proving it very well could

Not one shred of evidence. There have been no balloons on Venus. There will be no successful floating cities on Venus.

>There have been no colonies in America.
>There will be no successful colonies in America.
Whateverrr you say, Your Majesty.

>still 0 evidence

6hrs of eating
4hrs of snacking
kek