What is the greatest philosophy text of the 20th century?

What is the greatest philosophy text of the 20th century?

Other urls found in this thread:

harryhiker.com/ap/witt--00.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my diary desu

Fuck off, Jung.

Atlas Shrugged

How are you measuring greatness?

The most influential, regardless of how poorly structured it is when compared to other great texts.

pic related is an un-stupid option

being & time
capitalism & schizophrenia
discipline & punish
&c

the presence of an ampersand is usually a good indicator

sorry op meant your pic

a good indicator of fucking what, you obvious schizotype

Currently struggling through Being & Time, only because I heard that it makes Being & Nothingness easier to understand. or have I just been wasting my time?

What are some of the major ideas, groundbreaking concepts, profound trains of thought in this text, we could discuss?

of Obvious Philosophical Importance, natch
>b/c like the presence ampersands really have anything to do with this tho

b&t is initially tough but in the end not that hard. it will click for you eventually. and even heidegger himself didn't read b&n, for what it's worth

but rushing b&t just to read b&n later seems unnecessary. enjoy heidegger for who he is, sartre is on a different thing

Why Wittgenstein rejected his thoughts in the Tractatus.

and duck rabbit

It is obviously Being and Time just like it is obvious that Ulysses is the best novel of the 20th century.

Best album: Velvet Underground & Nico
Best film: A bout de soufflè
Best tv show: Seinfeld

All obviously the best in their category

>philosophy
>great
pick one

Objectively wrong.

Breathless isn't very good, and I really like the french new wave, and some of Godard's other work

>tfw I'm a STEM fag but a philofag at heart
>tfw forced to acknowledge philosophy's useful only for personal enlightenment that gets me no where in the material world
>mfw when Schopenhaur tells me to kill myself already

Is D&P an ok jumping off point for fucko? Or does it make heavy reference to his other work without explaination? I want to read his response to bentham's panopticism since we will soon live within a panopticon.

If d&p is a bad start, where to start with him?

im going to sleep too soon, but, if this thread is still up tomorrow, I will be down to try to chat about a great idea of this text.

I have not read this. But if anyone know some major great points of it, that are contentious, 'debatable', that would certainly be fun, so post those.

i found the college de france lectures awesome. one line in particular always stayed with me:

>truth is given to the subject at a price that brings the subject's own being into question

that's about as perfect a précis of nietzsche as one could ask for. nothing ventured, nothing gained. basically one-shots intellectual cynicism & fuckfacery

d&p is worth reading and not that difficult. it's probably the book foucault is best known for. he convinces me. ppl think he's the archpriest of sjw shit they hate but he's just continuing the neetch's work and seeing power & disciplinary structures everywhere. he's actually a way cool thinker but he's been co-opted right now by the left. ah well

anyways yeah i'd say d&p is a good place to start

Thnaks

fpbp

This pretty much sums up the Tractatus:

harryhiker.com/ap/witt--00.htm

And Philosophical Investigations is basically Witt. refuting his older ideas, emphasizing on the fluidity of language.

best first post post