Saturn's moon Titan has an atmosphere that ends up causing it to basically rain gas while also having gas lakes

>Saturn's moon Titan has an atmosphere that ends up causing it to basically rain gas while also having gas lakes
>The entire moon could easily fuel Earth with enough gasoline for several lifetimes
>You would need a ship to get there; presumably will be running on gas
>You would need that vehicle that runs on gas to land on that moon, having a robot of some sort on board to collect samples and fly back (-170 degree atmosphere, no human could really set foot there)
>The entire moon will basically blow up the second the fire from the engine ignites upon leaving the moon, due to all of the gasoline in the atmosphere
>You would need a vehicle that runs on some separate form of fuel that also doesn't cause a fire to safely get there, collect the gas and leave
>If we had a separate source of fuel like that, there'd be no need to go on the first place
What a fucking tease

The gravity is really low you could probably use a cold gas thruster to get off the surface.

it would still be worth it

it has less gravity than our own moon
you could leave shooting compressed air

>e to all of the gasoline in the atmosphere
>The atmospheric composition in the stratosphere is 98.4% nitrogen—the only dense, nitrogen-rich atmosphere in the Solar System aside from Earth's—with the remaining 1.6% composed of mostly of methane (1.4%) and hydrogen (0.1–0.2%).

How is it going to blow up again?

>The entire moon will basically blow up the second the fire from the engine ignites upon leaving the moon, due to all of the gasoline in the atmosphere
I never had chemistry in highschool and I know that that is bullshit.

how are is there gasoline without dead things to make petrol to begin with?
this sounds like bs

Because it blows up when an ignition source hits it. We are just lucky no asteroids have streaked through it. That thing is a powder keg weighting for a mouse to fart.

*how is there

>blows up

through which chemical reaction user?

user probably thinks that the sun burns as well, so im not holding my breath for the answer

Titan's atmospheric composition in the stratosphere is 98.4% nitrogen with the remaining 1.6% composed mostly of methane (1.4%) and hydrogen (0.1–0.2%).[9] There are trace amounts of other hydrocarbons, such as ethane, diacetylene, methylacetylene, acetylene and propane, and of other gases, such as cyanoacetylene, hydrogen cyanide, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, cyanogen, argon and helium.[8] The hydrocarbons are thought to form in Titan's upper atmosphere in reactions resulting from the breakup of methane by the Sun's ultraviolet light, producing a thick orange smog.[38]

you're right it is bullshit, the atmosphere is mostly nitrogen with a small amount of methane and trace amounts of other hydrocarbons (octane is not even listed)

there's probably enough to get a good harvest of carbon fuel if could get to it easily but it's probably be too much trouble otherwise

>no oxygen

How's it supposed to explode user?

There are no moons around saturn or jupiter as far as I've sen in my research.,

they are only visible because of Catholic priest Galileo's hypothesis supporting kabbalistic theism as an acceptable means to practice the Jesuit/catholic faith through astronomical thesis.

The very physics required to make this possible throws heliocentic theory on it's face when appropriately broken apart and analyzed by the varying gravitational pulls required to explain the perfectly spherical nature of these extra-planetary moon images being presented.

There's no oxygen for combustion you baka. The energy necessary to get the gasoline from titan to earth is greater than the energy the gasoline provides

I don't think that bringing extra gasoline on earth would be a great idea, think about all the extra pollution you're gonna have. Bringing extra-resources from other planets to ours will be a great problem in the future, you can't just fill earth with all resources you want without putting on risk its balance.
And no, it wouldn't explode because there's no oxidising on its atmosphere

Not OP but consider this. Why bring it back to Earth. Finding a way to harvest that fuel could possibly be beneficial for deeper space exploration, or supporting a some sort of space station in that region.

Bringing it back to Earth, not so much.

N2 -> 2N
N + gasoline = heat
Of course it'll blow up inwards because the reaction needs the heat from its blowing up to decompose the diatomic nitrogen.

Well of course the gasoline would be invaluable in synthesizing organic compounds and manufacturing plastic in space.

All this talk about gasoline and shit, but you guys do remember that gasoline is basically just a cleaner liquid version of coal that's essentially dinosaur juice, right?

That's one way to get it but not the only way.
Also, it's swamp juice, there very little dinosaur in it by weight.

Why not just stay in orbit, lower a tube into the atmosphere and suck the gas up? No need to land.

How the hell has that thing's atmosphere not been blown away by solar winds yet?

I'm glad you asked, I believe it's protected by Saturn's magnetic field.

Dispersal. The solar winds aren't nearly as fierce there as they are within Earth range.

I didn't say gas. I said fuel.

You know we have successfully sent a lander to Titan and it didn't cause the whole place to combust, right? Pic related.

Look at all that coal and gasoline.

>Saturn's moon Titan
>Jupiter's moon Ganymede
>Earths's moon ... uh ... Moon
Why are astronomers so retarded?

>Greece's god Zeus
>India's god Brahman
>Christianity's god... uh... God
Why are Christians so retarded?

Yes, this makes more sense

Luna

im sure im falling for a big ass bait thread.

but where all the oxygen you need to combust this shit lmao

see

Yaweh?

It isn't, it's far enough from the sun that solar wind is too weak to strip off the atmosphere.

Water ice and methane vapor suspended in a nitrogen atmosphere.

Are you retarded? Following that logic any stray meteor burning up in the atmosphere would set the whole moon ablaze.

>be kid in school
>firefighters come to give us some info on fire safety
>"and remember kids, the triangle of fire is: combustible, oxygen and HEAT"
>"if one of those is absent, fire will stop!"

now retarded OP think about that last part. A 9 year old would be able to figure it out.
Good luck!

So its got a mixture of short/medium length hydrocarbons? Are they linear, branched or what? You know gasoline is a fossil fuel right?

Don't we lose a bit of stuff thanks to gases escaping Earth's gravity?

>talking about Saturn's moons when NASA doesn't even have the technology to land on the moon anymore

Yahweh, Adonai, Elohim

What an edgy faggot you are

It takes years and serious spacebux to send a vehicle one-way to the Saturn area. Now you're talking about a round-tripper, with a cargo that could explode at any moment. Then there's the issue of maneuvering the ship into the Earth area, unloading the cargo, refining it into useable fuel --- how could this be cost effective?

To be fair if we're already in space then Titan becomes a goldmine of organic compounds.

So if we refine the ethane, we could party on the way home too?

>rain gas
>gas lakes
>gasoline

>1.6% composed mostly of methane

You also need something like 12% methane for it to ignite.....if you have an oxygen source that is.

The energy you would expend in launching, landing, collecting the gas, relaunching off Titan, and returning to Earth would probably be greater than if you just converted carbon dioxide and water straight into methane here on earth.

Methane's LEL is 5%, actually, still not enough oxygen though.

I was going by what my gas company has told me on several occasions via their safety videos. Maybe that's for pure methane and their stuff is for natural gas sourced methane which isn't 100% methane?

Yes, 5% is for pure methane while a different mixture would obviously have other considerations. Even in that mixture it would still be 5% for methane though, just that the other flammable materials affect its flammability. Much like how water can affect some material's flammability when they're miscible in one another (ethanol and water).