Thoughts on star wars program? Do we need a new one?

Thoughts on star wars program? Do we need a new one?

Other urls found in this thread:

e-reports-ext.llnl.gov/pdf/231636.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shameless self bump

>Thoughts on star wars program?

Wonderful project, directed hundreds of millions to funding scientific research.

>Do we need a new one?

Absolutely, government funding of science is always money well spent.

I honestly like conservatives more than liberals when it comes to science. All the greatest scientists that made useful contributions were conservative and pro war, like Edward Teller, John von Neumann, Ernest Lawrence, ect. Liberals are honestly the anti-science group. The stuff they care about is useless. Evolution is useless, and vague, and all fields based in it like evolutionary psychology is beyond retarded. Don't even get me started on sociology. They hate bioweapons research, and genetic engineering, and nuclear research, ect. They care about stuff that's not well understood, like climate science, and declare war on fissile fuels, instead of coming up with a solution. e-reports-ext.llnl.gov/pdf/231636.pdf

We need to setup a colony on the moon before the g*rmans master fusion and start to buy huge amounts of helium.
The moon has tons, low gravity and sparse atmosphere means you can shoot them at the Pacific Ocean without too much expense, and we already have the tech to live there.

Also it would look good internationally.

Lmao, we will get helium from tritium breeded from lithium, not the moon.

There isn't much naturally occurring lithium on Earth either. Its stored in other stuff.
And you end up with a very energy intensive way to create energy.

based reagan

Yes.

Strategic defence is ever more important now that even more countries are developing or buying toys that normally only super powers make.

We (western civilization) need to have moon bases, not colonies (because jello babies), in order to assure a foothold in space before the Asians get there. If they get there, it is going to be the worst shit flinging humanity has ever seen.

The lithium fission reaction is exothermic.

Turns out its true, my initial "research" (read: google and click 2 links) didn't show that.

Is it more energy intensive to shoot rockets from China to USA, than it is from the Moon to USA? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
I am sure its cheaper to shoot at satellites and other missiles from the Moon than from Earth.

The moon is a very strategic location for war. Unless you are Asian, you don't want Asians up there in any fashion let alone a military one.

Energy efficiency doesn't matter in war. Only the end result matters. However, using railguns to lob moon rock at targets would probably be pretty energy efficient. I've never done the math on it.

Bases are gay, i want xray nuke lasers in space.

"The Asians" is not a political faction.

LEO is a strategic location for war, lmao.

Bases are foothold.

That includes Russia, China, Japan, India, etc.

Agreed.

Id rather have a fusion race than a space race desu.

>That includes Russia, China, Japan, India, etc.

Thats not a faction. There aren't two countries in that list that are allies.

Some are frenemies though.

No one said they were. The west doesn't want them in space. It has always been East vs West since forever.

No, it hasn't. Don't you study history in school?
Was WWI and WWII an east vs west war?

>west doesn't want them in space

>russia & japan wheren't in ww2
>cold war never happened
>Vietnam never happened
>Gulf War and so on never happened

Sure thing., kid.

Nigger, Russia fought Japan in WW2.
Japan invaded China.
Russia and China fought during the Cold War.
Japan was and still is an enemy of Russia, since forever, They have never been allies, ever, even when they were on the same team during WWI.

There is no historical east vs rest. You are fundamentally wrong, and lack education in history.

History is retarded, faggot

>makes historical claim
>is proven wrong
>lol history is shit anyways :D

Based conservative scientists.

Never made a claim.

Yes, you did.

>It has always been East vs West since forever.
Making a historical claim.

>>russia & japan wheren't in ww2
Claiming Russia and Japan's position in WWII was east vs west somehow?

Don't make claims about things you don't know in the future.

Thats not me. Look at my id.

>star wars program
$200billion down the toilet,
with only a little R&D payoff

nice photo of Edward Teller

No. All it takes is one ablation cascade and space becomes too expensive.
NERVA was a NASA project