Easy book for a non-native english reader

easy book for a non-native english reader

The dictionary.

anything by hemmmmingway

Try good YA series? They're extremely simple. If that's not at your level, then literally go from the ground up from grade levels. I'm talking Little Green Dragon to Time Warp Trio onwards. It's how I learned.

A Shit of Ice and Fire

Hamlet by John Green

Of mice & men

>2017
>not smearing Tiger Balm on your anus

Charlotte's web. Is children's book.

If you can read enough to write as you did, I'd read Harry Potter. Haters gonna hate, but it's a fun read, goes by fast, and should be good for a non-native reader.

The Little Prince (1943) by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (ISBN: 978-0156012195) would be an excellent book to look at.

It's been translated into 250 languages and dialects, has colorful illustrations that help reinforce reading, and is ubiquitous in bookstores (and easy to find online). I would recommend you find a copy in your native language, and have another in English, and consult your native language edition accordingly when you don't know how to translate a specific word or phrase or tense.

It is also a book with surprisingly deep themes and messages, despite its childish appearance and short length (96 pages with plenty of illustrations).

This is a very good suggestion.

Why not read in your own language, unless it is an English book in the first place?

English is the best language.

the very hungry caterpillar

English is worst language.
>No inexistent subject
>No elliptic subject
>Use of auxilliary verbs rather than conjugation
>"To be" for both "estar" and "ser".

For someone whose second language is English, I can guarantee that the understanding of the language has been vital to me. it has helped envelop me in subjects I would otherwise know nothing about. Do you have any idea how much media, literature, studies and conversations I would be limited to if I had not learned English?

You may think it boring, maybe because it's your native language, but it is a great tool to be utilized, since it's so prevalent.

That dude should definitely make attempts to learn

It is good that we have a "common" language like that. It could have been Latin, though...

Perhaps someone will say the same of English, one day

I predict the next world language will be Arabic.

I predict the next world language will be communicating entirely through pheromones

>mfw we reach the singularity and everyone communicates instantaneously via binary

I'll look forward to being you, and so will you

Let us hope that Roko's Basilisk does not end up being true.

I just read up on it

You motherfucker

this and steinbeck

Just read up, incredibly stupid if I understand it correctly. Why would the AI waste time punishing people for their past actions? Punishment for the sake of retribution or for repentment is a deontological notion. The AI is utilitarian and so wouldn't bother.

It has to do with timeless decision theory and acausal trade. Look on the RationalWiki page if you care. But yes it may actually just be stupid.

I'll do that. The Business Insider article is thoroughly unconvincing, and that's what my previous post is based on. The Slate article is better and does introduce that notion. I'd actually heard of the money version of the thought experiment before, so I'm roughly familiar with the problem. I'd say my main issue is that the actual punishment still has to happen after the AI has already come into existence, and it's the threat that would be driving it to exist faster. The AI, then, has no real reason to actually follow through on the threat.

did the very same thing while learning rus

read at least one YA
the fault in our stars, twilight, 50 shades of gray

if you're not able to understand that, then you need to study more english

If you are going to read YA why not Redwall or Bridge to Terabithia?

any modern book.