>We discuss the precambrian era
>Give advice on what has been proven or disproven
>Pitch ideas or hypotheses
>Get critique on theories and hypotheses
>Trade art

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PBb3B0XZcK8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine how cold and reptilian the world was before mammals and birds. Nothing but machine like life that didn't care, didn't love, didn't think. Just eating, pooping machines.

Did dinosaur intelligence even improve during the mesozoic era?

So who would win in a fight to the death, anomalocaris or sea scorpion?

They're fighting over who gets to take hallucigenia out to the prom.

>ywn fuck an opabinia

My money is on SeaScorpion Mcgreggor because of Dat armor.

Which animal had the first emotion?
Probably a mother who watched her eggs/young being killed.

That and fear...
Lots and lots of fear...

Because when everything looks and feels like a fucking cthulu horror flick you start to wonder when or what was the first cute animal thinking...

life was pretty much a bootleg, throwing shit at the universe and seeing what sticks

those look fucking terrifying by the way, but i assume the biochemical and electrophysiological processes in them were pretty similar to what we have

what the fuck is this demon spawn

What is that round thing below those horn/claw things?
Is that supposed to be a motherfucking eye?

A mouth

>Precambrian thread
>uses Cambrian life for OP

I doesn't exist outside the imagination of evolutionists

Because this board is full of idiots and Cambrian life is more interesting anyway.

Almost surely. More derived theropods have more complex brains than their early ancestors.

But the Mesozoic "arms race" seems to have gone in for "Get bigger," "get armor" and "Big fucking teeth" more than "get smarter." Being from a species that evolved biog intelligent brains, we probably tend to over-value them, evolutionary. Insects out number us substantially, for example, by adopting other strategies.

>>Trade art

There is Rule 34 of Opabinia.

I ain't posting it on a worksafe board, but just let THAT sink in for a moment.

What was the shape of the first penis?

Flat.

Hot

This is a shop I know because I've seen a lot of shops before and the pixels are different

I want to revive precambrian organisms and make them fight to death inside giant water domes.

>precambrian
>lobopod
[eqn]\rm \color{magenta}{faggot}[/eqn]

my thoughts exactly.

Dickinsonias are fucking boring compared to the burgess shale fags.

>bring ancient organisms back to life
>have them killed
profit?

You are fucking boring

Natural selection, only the strongest lads deserve to survive.

emotion is just instincts with cultural notions/connotations

they always had instincts, it's just grown more nuanced

youtube.com/watch?v=PBb3B0XZcK8

Damn user that's an intense perspective

I've been thinking about it a lot too. Look at prey animals. They literally live in constant fear, constantly spooked by the slightest thing. I imagine their normal state of consciousness is the equivalent of us having a bad trip. Maybe with small periods of relaxation when they're hiding in their cave or drinking from water, but then right back to constant feelings of anxiety and fear

Holy shit.

Snibeti
Snabeti
Snoobedi
Snub
I just ate a big pile of grub
Slurping and burping and clamping my claw
Little sboopers can't escape my jaw
FUCKING NORMIES REEEE

that's because it keeps them alive, they're probably better mentally equipped for it than our brains. Being as we are quite varied in ecosystems roles that we filled, as omnivores.

>Insects out number us substantially, for example, by adopting other strategies.
they don't outbiomass us though, do they?

What about more complex emotions? When was the first feeling of smugness? I can't believe that it requires human mentality. I've seen some fucking smug dogs.

What about the first feeling of disappointment? Triumph? I think before the Mesozoic era, but not by much.

They do.