Is terraforming Venus possible, or worth it?

PRESERVE THE HELL PLANET FOR POSTERITY! Space colonies > planets! Sieg Zeon!

Space Colony dump!

Dat radiation shield

Dat O'Neill Cylinder

Space Farms!

Not with current technology. In the future? Possibly, but it will cost so much that nobody is ever willing to do it when you can just have floating cities at a fraction of the cost. And even if they were willing to try it it would probably take a very long time. How long is anyone's guess, some say centuries, some say millions of years.

Bernal sphere offers superior mass efficiency

Not possible with current technology (might never be possible). Doubt it would ever be worth it either. What is it with sci-fi shitposters today? There seems to be so many of them.

>all these people that think you need super high tech to do things
to terraform venus, you literally just need to suck gasses out of the atmosphere while having a solar shade on it to block additional light
both these things will cool it, and then once it's earth level pressure, introduce water ice from somewhere else, probably one of the many ice moons
the speed of doing this depends on how much gas you remove and light you block, and it would be worth it to do this, since the gasses can be used for shit, and getting rid of them will make the surface easier to access for mining

literally isn't super high tech at all, we could do it right now if we wanted, higher tech would just make life easier and the process faster

>you literally just need to suck gasses out of the atmosphere
Oh is that all, for a minute there I thought it might be hard. Fucking sci-fi-posters are the worst.

We can't even do it on our own planet.

>> you literally just need to suck gasses out of the atmosphere
oh boy I'm sure that's easy to do what with venus' earthlike gravity and what not
>> introduce water ice from somewhere else
yup, sounds super easy, picking up so much water ice you could make an ocean, then moving it a couple kilometers per second to get it to venus. Yup totally easy and not requiring technology we don't have today.

Let's start with terraforming Earth.

>Yup totally easy and not requiring technology we don't have today.

Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that it's going to be hard to make an asteroid change it's cause? Nah, inertia is bullshit.

Yup, it's gonna be so easy a baby could do it. Heck we could probably send up a whole team of baby astronauts to get the job done for cheap.

Child labour laws say no to this strategy you fucking retard.

You have to send teenagers.

You both are retarded. Think bigger, anons.

FETAL ASTRONAUTS

>compressed gas canisters flung up with skyhooks
>cargo ships moving shit
yeh, with modern tech friendo
like before, better tech just makes life easier, it has no effect on if it's possible or not
you don't honestly think it has to be super fast to be possible, do you?

Child labor laws don't exist in SPACE!

>>compressed gas canisters flung up with skyhooks
wowow sounds super easy. I'm sure launching suborbital rockets from balloons from clouds filled with sulfuric acid to a technology that we've never ever tested before will be fucking easy.

>>you don't honestly think it has to be super fast to be possible
of course not, I mean humans have carried out engineering projects lasting thousands of years right?

never said anything about easy lad, just that it was possible to do
of course it's going to be hard as all fuck, but it would be a worthwhile challenge, and definitely a source of prestige and dick waving, which is really the only reason anyone does anything extravagant

and yes we have been doing long term megaengineering projects, See: half the fucking netherlands

we have not tested skyhooks yet.