Modern books aren't worth reading

Modern books aren't worth reading.

What do you mean by 'modern'?

The modern age in earnest begins after WW2.

Joyce, Woolf, Musil, Beckett, Kafka, etc.

Posts by you aren't worth reading

As soon as woman were allowed to read.

I disagree, there were still good works coming out after the following few decades. I like Burroughs, Kerouac, Ginsberg, even some of the stuff Bukowski wrote wasn't bad. Fante too.

>Burroughs, Kerouac, Ginsberg
>fucking Bukowski
Prognosis: pleb, incurable.

Who gives a fuck, it was enjoyable to read even if they aren't patrician.

Do you not know where you are? I wouldn't dare read Bukowski; too fucking embarassing. Let alone fucking enjoy him.

>being monolinguical americunt

That's because all modern books are written by left-wing people

That's a diagnosis.

>Do you not know where you are?
I know where I am, but I really don't give a shit about conforming

Pero se espanol, frances, y un poco latin.

Wow, you're just a fucking pleb. It's not conformity to go along with the behaviour of others when that behaviour is fucking patrician.

So I can't say that I like something because it isn't patrician? Even if I do prefer western canon to it, I still enjoy it. I'm sorry that I don't cling to these notions of elitism and live with a stick up my ass.

You can; ignore them. You realize you are on a shitposting board for troll people, right? How can you even stand to wade through the muck of this board if ever time someone criticizes your taste you fly off the handle? Grow some balls and a few extra layers of skin. Fuck 'em.

Wow dude, you are so above us with your edgy meta shitpost and anime girl.

lol, I didn't realize that was considered flying off of the handle.

>incurable

It's both if you want to be anally retentive about it.

>hurr durr all modern literature and contemporary art is shit

This is the worst fucking /pol/ meme. Literature has arguably never been as interesting as it is now.

You'd know this if any of you actually bothered read some.

kys

BEST GIRL
E
S
T

G
I
R
L

>This is the worst fucking /pol/ meme. Literature has arguably never been as interesting as it is now

>Literature has arguably never been as interesting as it is now.
Literature is as interesting as reality television right now.

It's produced for the unwashed masses.

David Memester Wallace?

Recommend some my friend, I am interested. I haven't read a book written after 1950 for months.

Not saying I'm above anyone and I wasn't attempting to be meta. I become frustrated myself reading this board sometimes because a majority of posters seem to be content memeing and shitposting and I can't be fucked to wade through a literal pile of bullshit (even if it is an attempt at humor) to find some legit content and discussion. I am guilty of doing this myself occasionally but after being here for so long I have to ask myself -- should I really post some content that people can engage with or realize that I'm rolling the dice between getting another legit response or if I'm going to get edgy half-baked meme responses from 14 year olds.

It's a figure of speech my dude. Obviously you are able to still coherently make an argument for your taste. Just don't let your emotions come into play is all I'm saying.

I challenge you to name a single example of today's literature that has any merit whatsoever.

I've been on this site for 7 years

Harry Potter

Wow dude, you are like so cultured. Tell me about your favorite anime girls. You soar above shitposts a like an eagle because you are so moral and care so much about the board. You are like Jesus Christ giving your life to save the board from themselves and they are so ungrateful in return
Woe is you

Fuck off mate you're being just a twat as he is, nobody cares if you can sardonically analyse people on Veeky Forums

I think I already told you to kys, so I'll say it again... kys

Dawg I don't even watch anime. I like posting animated gifs though. I don't give a fuck about maintaining the "integrity" of the board or holding a moral high-ground. I like this board because of the real unflitered discussion that occasionally takes place here. I guess I should have expected this response from airing my frustrations. Please continue shitposting.

ITT: no one has read a book published in the last 3 years because going outside the canon requires you to think critically

I bought "A Gentleman in Moscow" but haven't picked it up yet desu. Been too busy reading the canon.

Is Borges modern?
He is worth reading.

How would you know?

I need good contemporary Veeky Forums

Some meta-modernism.

contemporary as in illogical, pseudo-magical and god-fearing?

Try out Animal Money by Michael Cisco.

I get my fair share of God-fearing from going to mass every so often and reading Kierkegaard.

Thanks, I've seen this posted before and need something to fill my ironic hole seeing as I finished DFW's works and that memer Tao Lin.

I dont know if there's a ton of *good* modern lit but this is better than most novels in 300+ years of the form existing.