Who /slowandsteady/ here?

who /slowandsteady/ here?

i just read a chapter or two a day

just go at your own pace, mate; it's not a race! :)

a couple weeks ago i started reading at like 10 pages a day and now im doing about 150. At this rate I will soon be able to read all the world

one day you'll make us all proud

>Want to read 200 books in 2017
>Tfw I'm 1 book behind schedule
>Tfw most of the books that I have to read are 500 pages + and I'll struggle to read one every day

It is a stupid thing to do m8. Drop it. Focus on reading a good amount each day. These book goals just make Pepe perturbed and put him off long books for the dumbest reason.

No m8. In reality I should read a thousand books this year to make up for lost time.

The situation is absolutely urgent

In fact I should be reading instead of shitposting on Veeky Forums.

I'll be back in 1 book lad

>quantifying reading

Xou got fucking spooked, just read 100pages or whatever you have time for each day and try to stick to that. Reading is not a fucking video game, but if you are too autist to drop the whole idea at least stick to page number so that you won't have to spam short stories like a retard.

Learn to subvocalize.

This works best for poetry. Reading 2 poems a day.

Do you even know what subvocalization is? Unless you are literally mentally challenged you already do this, only retards actually move their lips when they read.

I do the same 1 or 2 chapter a day thing too, but I'm always reading 2-3 books at a time. This way I don't ever get bored with the same book.

going at a nice pace of 100 pages a day. not too taxing, and over time a lot of stuff gets read. I'm going to die and I don't know when, so I'm not going to ignore my interest in reading these books and let it languish by only going a few pages a day. Though that's not to say I let it get in the way of life.

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Veeky Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

I've been waiting for this meme.

you sure are a wicked memester, i'll tell you that

Depends of what I'm reading...for example right now I've to finish Fantastic Voyage by Asimov. Even if it's a small book I'm struggling with this garbage

This is a positive meme.

That's what you get for wasting your time on genre trash.

this ddue slangin' real reddit r/books content whew

is asimov bad? ive been considering picking up something of his

No point asking lit about classic sci fi. We all just meme the same western canon books.

I don't spam short stories faggot, I just try to read shorter books in between longer ones.

I am, though I've been considering reading a capter from a different book for each day of the week. What do you guys think about it? Has anyone ever tried, had this experience?

I read a chapter or two every year desu wa.