Tfw to intelligent to do well in school

>tfw to intelligent to do well in school

>be foreign chinese student
>go to the University of Washington
>cheat on all the tests
>set the curve for all the classes so the rest of the class gets fucked even though they're the ones interested in learning
OP is a hack

Kek. I was this guy. Now in a competitive grad program after a lifetime of getting away with murder, and I honestly would do it again in a heartbeat.

>yfw this is what normies actually believe

I'm likely going to UW in the fall. How do I avoid getting fucked over by Chieng Chu and his commiebux?

American education is a joke anyway. So yeah if there's anything you should not take seriously, it's GPA.

You are literally better off doing your first two years at a community college and then transferring to either WSU or somewhere else out of state if you can afford it. What they don't tell you as an incoming freshman is that you're competing with these cheaters for entry into your major, and that admissions rates for most STEM majors are usually below 15%. Yes, that is correct: getting into the major that you've been working on for the last two years at the UW is nearly as hard as getting into an ivy league school.

t. former UW student

I despise that meme, but it is true in certain cases. Dunno about US Universities, but here they're so corrupt, that the Top Guys/Gals do legitimately cheat through Political Groups & Personal Connections, while the rest of us get fucked in the arse. I've got some pretty darn crazy stories. Not to mention the way the Uni System works here as well.

Like I said, dunno how it works in the US, but if you view it from an international lens, it has some truth to it.

The OP pic is almost certainly in reference to schooling that is mandatory, not university

An American who viewed doing well at university as being pointless obedience would just drop out, no reason to spend all that money

Eh, I don't know where GPA is used (here we just have x/20 & x/10 later down the line), so I just assumed the poster was talking about that.

I was always jealous of the freedom US Unis offered TBQH.

We used GPA at my high school in California

how are the tests so easy/repetitive that you can cheat on them?

I only know GPA from the movies. From what I gather it's something like a "final grade", right?

Classes are worth some number of units, how that number works varies from school to school. Letter grades correspond to some score; at my school, we do 4 is A, 3.7 is A-, 3.3 is B+, 3 is B and so on. You get a total score by multiplying the letter grade score by the number of units for the class and summing that up. You divide by units taken to get GPA. So 4 would correspond to all As, 2 would correspond to a C average

Oh, alright. Thanks for the info user!

I don't know how they do it, but they have access to answer keys. Also courses are standardized within each department so that you're going to get the same material regardless of who the professor is.

Not that user, but there's also 'weighted' and 'unweighted' GPAs. Unweighted being a set standard that applies to all classes. 'weighted' offers more good boy points for the class being in an advanced program i.e AP and IB. I think an A in them is worth 5.0 instead of 4.0

It's most likely a professor is reusing his exams year to year and the Chinese keep an external test bank that they all use

The other explanation is that the grad students who TA the courses are in on it and give out the answer keys to Chinese students ahead of time. This would fit in with the at large suspicion that many Chinese students in the US are agents of Chinese intelligence here to do various forms of espionage

>grad students who TA the courses are in on it
from an article last year in The Atlantic:
a Chinese company that specializes in finding American-based test-taking proxies who,
for a fee, obtain high scores on the SAT, the graduate school admission test called the GRE,
and English-proficiency exams like the TOEFL for their wealthy Chinese clients.
>guess who those proxies are

It's true. I still want a job so I get good grades.

>How do I avoid getting fucked over by Chieng Chu
Instead of trying to get over while learning as little as possible and making excuses, try actually studying and learning the material.

Chieng Chu can't make you write incorrect answers or leave questions blank

what's an ivy league school?

>Not being able to get a 4.0 in a joke education
That attitude just makes you look even more shit, user

ECE phd student / TA here

The "cheating" is mostly from students have previous years tests that their friends saved etc. It's common as fuck actually. What's funny is students don't think I can tell they memorized last year's answer when they write line for line what was in last year's key, including the mistakes in the key

On Veeky Forums you'll get this "honest white students" against the "cheating arabs/asians" view, but it's really more about how social you are / how many friends you have who will share their resources with you. Understand that Veeky Forums is full of lonely autists who don't join social groups or make friends in classes & labs, and they don't see the groups that whites run in.

Also just a note, my TA sessions were attended primarily by indians, arabs, africans, chinese, and there'd be like 2-3 whites despite the class being 70% white, not sure but they seem to be more dedicated in general just culturally.

Finally a redpill you won't like -- a cheater cannot force you to do worse on the test. Don't aim for a 50 and then get bitter that your 50 didn't magically curve into a 100. Just get a fucking 100. It's easy, I promise.

>Checking past exams is cheating

Literally what, I ace everything doing this but I wouldnt call it cheating, just a more efficient way of study.

>It's most likely a professor is reusing his exams year to year and the Chinese keep an external test bank that they all use
>the TA's are in on a global Chinese espionage plot to overthrow America
you've been in /pol/ too long

Most of the time, after a prof gives a test, he hands it back graded, and possibly even releases keys. At the least, they work through all the problems. The students keep them, and let their friends see it the next semester, and it gets passed down from there. Social cliques / student groups / fraternities / clubs will gradually build up and share collections as the years pass.

If the professor actually cares he can thwart this by having a large problem rotation, or always coming up with new problems. But they don't all care.

He's just shitposting. Most colleges train TA proctors to spot cheaters, and it only takes getting caught once for us to singlehandedly rape your academic career.
>t. Worked as an undergrad TA
Just know the fucking material, if your degree is worth more than toilet paper, your profs will test application rather than memorization.

Obama is the one who talked about Chinese students first and tried to work towards restricting their presence in labs that receive US government funding due to the risk of them sending things home to China. Some Chinese spies have been caught at universities in Taiwan and the students keep in close contact with their embassies (see the Chinese embassy in Southern California coordinating the student effort at UCSD to oppose the Dalai Lama giving the commencement speech). I'm not a /pol/ack but to say the Chinese have no coordinated intelligence efforts at top US schools would be a joke

I go to UW and know this feeling all too much

How do people cheat? What class?

>muh cheating
Literally stop being a brainlet and git fucken gud.

In my experience, whites seem to have a hard time competing with Jews, Indians, and East Asians because they aren't as willing to break the rules and cheat. Why is this? I come from a family of Chinese immigrants, and our motto is pretty basic: "Family first. Race second. Society never."

It sucks that this is actually true now due to how shit college is.

I would highly suspect the 4.0 of cheating honestly.

>there is no concrete evidence for any jewish conspiracy
hello shekelstein, hows that land grab in the middle east going? oh wait

>to say the Chinese have no coordinated intelligence efforts at top US schools would be a joke
Did anyone say that? Certainly not me.

I say you've been in /pol/ too long because we're talking about cheating on exams, and you somehow linked it to geopolitics and exciting Chinese conspiracies when the truth is far more mundane.

>I rarely put forth any true effort in anything my life and therefore anyone with a 4.0 is highly suspect

The second part is extremely true but the first part is not, at least for college, because in college they don't test you on material you may well already know or be able to know without work. It may well be true for high school in the US. But getting a high GPA doesn't test *obedience* really, but rather discipline.

>Some Chinese spies have been caught at universities in Taiwan
Wow. Some Chinese spies have been caught in universities in China? Also the Dalai Lama deserves immense criticism and is not a hero.

This shit happens in the UK too. Repetitive exam questions + knowing previous alumni who provide old coursework

You can literally just google the exam these days and you will find the answer sheet uploaded by the instructor themselves. Also, professors will just tell you what's going to be on the exam.

CIDF detected.

I'm not complaining desu. Professors unknowingly leak what's going to be on the paper. One time he literally told the lecture a question would come and up and it did.

Tibet was massively whitewashed by the Western media.

the fact that you think Taiwan is rightfully PRC makes your opinion useless

no idea how you got any of that from my post.

its obvious that you have never been to college, there is rampant cheating everywhere now.

I got everything from As to Ds in high school from generally not bothering to do homework and still scored higher on my first and only SAT attempt than either of my straight A honor student sisters who both took it multiple times and wasted hundreds of hours of their lives doing every bit of homework and studying assigned to them.

Anecdotal evidence sure but to me it sure seems like GPA doesn't mean much besides showing off how good you are at listening and doing busy work. For high school at least.

Though it seems the thread is more occupied with /pol/shit at the moment.

>can
yes
>usually does
nope

if you really could cheat in college, then your major is trivial and your degree is a meme. Learn some real skills.

>its obvious that you have never been to college
lol, majored EE 3.96 gpa
cheaters actually scored worse than me for the most part because they spent more time memorizing keys and other bullshit instead of actually learning the fucking concepts

so occasionally they got blown out when they either
a) got caught cheating
or
b) the cheating failed (test was different from key, etc)

meanwhile my method of "studying the material" never failed even once.
and yet i'll be singled out as the obvious cheater. it's a funny joke really.

Definitely agree that this is largely the case in high school.

College is a little bit of everything though. In some subjects like calculus / thermodynamics, you could study for days and not do any better than someone who just inherently understood the material (like your SAT example).

Other subjects like organic chemistry required both a fuck-ton of memorization AS WELL AS a certain aptitude for the subject in order to get an A.

I don't believe that everyone who graduated above me was smarter than me, but everyone above me in my major (chemistry) sure as hell was.

Your SAT score can actually predict your IQ. But a high GPA is best predictor of college success because it gauges attentiveness, discipline, doing homework, studying, showing up to class, etc. what you dismissed as "busy work" and "wasted hours"

A lot of college is writing papers and doing research, so if you're not willing to do that, you're going to struggle, regardless of your IQ.

As math / hard sciences go, the material stops being piss easy to comprehend as you move up. Thermo, EMF, signal processing, numerical analysis, etc. courses require re-reading of material and doing practice problems and proofs until they click. A lot of high IQ kids "understand" what they hear in class (if they even show up) then go in for the test after not doing any homework and get BTFO trying to wing it.

How much did you study? How many hours?

Taiwan is #1.

China is #3.

>students have previous years tests that their friends saved
What's the problem with this? Here it's common as hell to be given example/practice exams, which are mostly likely going to be exams from the previous years.
Obviously no professor should use the same test two years in a row.

>What's funny is students don't think I can tell they memorized last year's answer when they write line for line what was in last year's key, including the mistakes in the key
I still don't see how this is a problem, because it shouldn't be. Tests shouldn't have the exact same questions every year, nor should they be standardized.

No, this is why people love to hire gpa 3.5 to 3.9.

2.0s are slackers and 4.0s are ocd and fragile.

Less than 1% of 2.0s are super intelligent.

>knowing more means you are more intelligent
Nice way to prove you don't know what you are talking about, brainlet

I never understood the mentality that some people are "just bad at taking tests" if you know the subject matter you should be able to do well on the test.
Now when your grades are tied to shit like attendance, busy work and penmenship yeah that is bullshit.
I remember getting low grades back in high school despite getting nearly perfect marks in my tests because I skipped class and didn't bother doing in class group study sessions.

lmao white brainlets think doing past papers is cheating.
My cousin is literally laughing at them.
He's topping his highschool class because neither the teachers nor the other students have a clue that past papers exist.
It was way different for him in pakistan

tfw 3.0 gpa

what does that make me

3.0 is the mark of a normie who browses Facebook and goes to clubs once a week.

SAT scores after 1994 no longer serve as good indicators of IQ, unfortunately, due to most of the info, especially the mathematics, being "learned"

1510 from 1992, here.

but i don't go to clubs

i'm pretty robot tier desu

i have ~30 friends on normiebook and i only talk to 4 of them

.75 gpa
What can you deduce from this?

Wait did that deleted post have .75 GPA?

A slacker who really, really has to try a bit harder this next term on those mundane assignments if you wish to be Veeky Forums approved

>0.75 gpa
>What cam whore you deduce from this?
Google Keyboard is shit.

Age is a privilege, and thank you for browsing this board wise fag

computer science i cheat for an A

People who get good grades do exactly what they're told.
People who change the world break the schemes.

There's a lot of classes that I don't give a fuck about and I feel like I learn more from books than from teachers.
I just want to apply what I learned and make cash man, but here I am writing a theses that I have no motivation to write just so I can finally get my degree.

Lol fucking looser!!!!!1!?1?1?1??1?11???1

XD

haha pwnd

>muh anecdotes prove me right
so much for that gpa meaning anything.

I also specifically said 4.0 you retard.

Anyone can "break the schemes", but what is the point of doing things differently if you're not doing it any better? You need to be smart to do things better. So get good grades, fuqqboi.

Said everyone who did shitty.

Only takes a single case of an honest student beating a cheater to prove it can be done. He's right. Stop shooting for a 50 and then blaming cheaters if it doesn't curve up to 100

>The Polish-French mathematician Józef Hoëné de
Wro´ nski was born Józef Hoëné and adopted the name Wro´ nski after
he married. Wro´ nski’s life was fraught with controversy and conflict,
which some say was due to psychopathic tendencies and his exag-
geration of the importance of his own work. AlthoughWro´ nski’s work
was dismissed as rubbish for many years, and much of it was indeed
erroneous, some of his ideas contained hidden brilliance and have sur-
vived. Among other things, Wro´ nski designed a caterpillar vehicle to
compete with trains (though it was never manufactured) and did re-
search on the famous problem of determining the longitude of a ship
at sea. His final years were spent in poverty.

/ourguy/

If you can't pass a test designed to evaluate your understanding of the topic, then you have not understood the topic. When you understand it well enough to get an A, then you've got the right to tell everyone how wrong they are. Before that, you literally - demonstrably - don't know what you are talking about and your blather is just narcissistic preening.

>but what is the point of doing things differently if you're not doing it any better?

Because breaking the scheme means change, and doing what you're told means doing what you're told, which is anti-change.
Change is hit and miss, good grades are the safe path and they don't really guarantee anything for many.

>"boss, this is my design for this project"
>"no user, you got a C on that test 5 years ago, this shows you don't comprehend the topic"
>"b-but sir I got 5 years of experience now and read a lot on the subject"
>"I said no, unless you go back in time and get an A you have no right to tell me how wrong I am. Why can't you be more like that guy who got an A, he's a manager at McDonald's now."

In my experience the people who got straight A's are the most narcissists and arrogant ones; really shitty people to work with.