How to cultivate my inner Feynman?

Feynman is a poster child for critical thinking, intelligence, and efficiency. Even the way Feynman read scientific papers was brilliant—read abstract, guess conclusion, and then check conclusion for surprises to see if the article was worth reading. This man was nothing short of a person who understood exactly what he was doing and for what purpose. I want to take advantage of my common sense more often. How would you best describe Feynman's problem-solving ability, and what steps can you take to emulate it in one's studies and every day life?

Other urls found in this thread:

staff.science.uu.nl/~gadda001/goodtheorist/classmech.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I find that making a habit of stating what activity I'm doing, how I plan on doing it, and why I plan on doing it is a good way of getting these kind of creative juices flowing. If you can vocalize it, then that's perfect, but stating in your mind works too provided that you really force that subvocalization. When I'm not at my optimal state, I sometimes think things through too quickly or without enough detail in a rush of topics, so clearly indicating my direction helps to point out any errors.

There's also the "Feynman method" of learning or whatever, but I've heard like three different versions, and I don't know which one is the right one or if they're all something one should do more often.

Find a dying girl, marry her, let her die on your hands and do your best not to kill yourself. Voila.

He was a racist and a sexist, who used to beat his wife whenever she interrupted him doing some "mental calculus". Fuck Feynman.

Lol you sound like a low-IQ faggot ready to explode at any moment. Read the thread nigger. We're talking about solving problems, not emulating every fabric of Feynman (though I wouldn't mind that too if that would piss off a mental midget like you).

>shut up and calculate school of thought advocate in quantum mechanics is a poster child for critical thinking
how?

>Nobel Prize laureate not a poster child for critical thinking
Brainlet.

>B-b-but quantum mechanics is so spooky! I can't shut up about my pop-philosophical implications! How am I supposed to calculate it?
Shut up and calculate. Sometimes doing the opposite of what is intuitive is what's necessary to truly understand something. Not all thinking is critical, some of it is vapid instead.

I get sexist but how is he a racist?

do maths, do maths, do maths
literately just do shittons of math every single day, and then do some more

IDK, I think it's more of a general heuristic than a skill. In the lines of what said.

>a really really smart human was racist and sexist but you shouldn't be
hmmmm

>Feynman method
>Scream FUCK NIGGERS AND BITCHES
>play bongo drums
>repeat until win nobel surprise

staff.science.uu.nl/~gadda001/goodtheorist/classmech.html
just force yourself to do classical mechanics and multivariable calculus for three months, after that you'll get the habit and can cross over to more complicated stuff

>be a patron in a strip club
>get in a bar fight
>sleep with students as a professor

also, learn to pick locks so you can show the people running NASA have absolutely no idea what they're doing

And Don't forget to find a lost culture and people in the middle of Asia

muh Brazilian education system is tailored towards Brazilians, whitey wouldn't understand

>one of the smartest and most influential humans of all time thought his Biblical commentary was more profound than his calculus, but you shouldn't immerse in theology let alone read his notes
hmmmm

>who used to beat his wife whenever she interrupted him doing some "mental calculus"
I'm calling source or bullshit

so funny