Character is a horrible person

>character is a horrible person
>people sympathize with the character because the character is the protagonist
Please don't tell me you do this, Veeky Forums.

Low key empathized with Meursault desu

>I'm better than you because I'm too autistic to understand the author's intentions

You and every other middle schooler who ever read The Stranger.

>I'm not dumb because I'm so autistic as to think I not only understand the author's intentions but that they matter at all

When you understand the pov of a person you tend to see them as just a human like the rest you know?

Yeah, horrible people are human. What did you think they were, aliens?

Did you even understand the person you replied to before making such an egregious shitpost?

>terrorist is the antagonist
>"I hate him, kill him, kill him!"

>terrorist is the protagonist
>"H-he's an antihero."

No one is horrible.

Most of the time that is part of the fucking point, you idiot.

It's about expanding your idea about who you and others are, challenging the simplicity of identify and the strict barriers around your ego.

*identity

It's the same as non-protagonist assholes who get shown in more and more humanist contexts until we find we actually like them, or good protagonists who end up making awful decisions and so we find them increasingly disappointing and unlikable.

OP, do you honestly think the author would want you to be sitting completely outside the protagonists world?

>Did you even understand
Yes. Did you understand before retard posting?
You're horrible.

People are more likely to excuse behaviors of people they feel close to, what a surprise

So deep. I stand in awe at your ability to sympathize with Hitler.

What a shame.

You're embarrassing.

*You're embarrassing me.

Feeling the need to protect your own is literally why humanity has lasted long enough for you to post your dumb opinions

>i'm greentexting the above retard's chain of convulutedly bad responses and its making me worse as a writer as I begin to imagine writing for an audience of idiots so poisned by self-loathing sarcasm and negativity that I actually want to try to impress them because they are the only social stimulant I get for creating complex characters. I really should go outside and meet real people and draw character bios from them but the fact that I devote my time and effort to making myself known to shitty people will only guarantee that I create shitty things for them.

>protect your own
You would count rapists and murderers as your own?

When they are your family people tend to protect or make excuses for even rapists and murderers

It's human nature

This is what I have amounted to, Devolving into anonymous forum posting. The fuck am I even doing.

I don't know how to get published. Do I even want to? Yes, I do. And I can't do that playing hen and bird with the lot of you recreationally sarcastic and pointlessly ironic assholes. Why am I here?

Fuck you. The ride does end. I'm getting off now.

>MUH HITLER

wow great argument you got there

Sounds mighty counterproductive to helping humanity live long and prosper if you defend antisocial behavior. The shame is that you seem proud of it.

are you dumb? books are not an objective history of the world, they are a story, of course you are going to relate to the protagonist, you see them the most. you're supposed to relate to Alex in A Clockwork Orange, you're supposed to relate to the Underground Man, etc.

I hope this is bait

I can understand why you wouldn't want to identify with the protagonist of your shitty life, user.

Anyway, just admit you made a bad thread and carry on regardless!

I am.

You'll have to take my word for it.

I take a perverse pride in being intentionally horrible in every imaginable way.

Thanks, kicked your ass huh?
>relate
>identify
We're talking about sympathy. You guys do sound like terrible people but that doesn't mean you have to sympathize with other terrible people. You don't rape women and kill children, do you?

C'mon dude, you're not that bad.

But you're not 'horrible'. Things happened with your brain that led you to this point.

So hold on, you think sympathy is the same thing as copying? I'm having a hard time figuring out what wires you have crossed, because it's clear at some point you are imagining that two different concepts are literally the same thing.

Like, when you imagine that you walk down the street you know that's not you ACTUALLY walking down a street, yeah?

Honestly, just give some actual examples where you think Veeky Forums reads the book wrong because of its view towards the protagonist. Right now you're not really saying anything.

Without it there is no reason for people to stick together, no reason to fight against others and thus no reason to create the society we see today

obligatory hitler did nothing wrong tho