What is the biggest spook of all time? My vote goes to boredom

What is the biggest spook of all time? My vote goes to boredom.

my diary desu

ghosts

esp. kant's ghost

spooks desu

that you need to have "meaning" or "purpose"

just live your life lmao?

this

or women

henry viii had the right idea

Someone explain what Spook means

iirc just something constructed by human society that is unecessary for the success of the ego

someone correct me if I'm wrong

Max Stirner was an early philosophical influence on me

- I first read The Ego and Its Own when I was 13 and I was
fascinated (didn't understand it very well at the time). Stirner is an exceptionally interesting writer, and I think that many of his ideas (though I don't consider myself a Stirnerian) are really profound. As far as modern Stirnerians go, Saul Newman was a big political influence on me, and did a lot to clarify the meaning of Stirner's writings (which can be nigh-impenetrable at times).

-I once wrote an essay on Arendt and Stirner. What I like is the contrast between wanting an equal, conveyed through the shared understanding, and not wanting an equal. It is a wonderfully simple and fundamental opposition.

-A medieval principle states that the body is the principle of differentiation. In the older view, so-called individuality does not really exist, as is often said. But here, in this choice or inclination, we see that cleft animated.

-Hey, I am procrastinating on my paper about Stirner and Nietzsche right now! How cool that I came upon this post at this moment. I definitely recommend everyone read The Ego and His Own. It's not only genuinely still radical, but it's also exceptionally well-written, even though it's in translation.

a 'spook' is an idea that is used to control people's behavior. it is an idea possessing the ego, like a ghost possessing your soul. for example, the State insists that is real and has authority when in reality, neither of those things exist. It exists only in your mind to control you and prevent you acting in your own self-interest.

Sincerity. Ruined my life for a couple years. Then "wtf, I actually hate DFW". I feel a lot better now.

elaborate

Everything that is not my immediate senses is a spook

Thinking is a spook
Language is a spook

ooga booga

The idea that long term interests are spooks.

egoism, basing your ethics around yourself is very spooky.

I reread the pale king and realised he was just shilling repackaged irony.

Even he couldn't escape it, as a rhetorical device and as an attitude to life.

Then he killed himself.

>Then he killed himself.

He was murdered.

Not the biggest, but certainly big.
Both of these.
Something constructed by the unique one (i.e. yourself) which manages to confuse you into thinking it's more important than you. Which holds power over you.

Not something constructed by human society. Human society is itself a spook.

IMPORTANT NOTE: there are many things which are spooks in some situations, but not in others. For example, "humanity". Obviously the general biological concept is not a spook. BUT, saying "I will gladly sacrifice [something] in order to further the cause of humanity" is spooked.
This attributes much too much agency to the spook.
Explain.

>just live your life lmao?
>live
>life
spooky

And a new maymay emerges

Choose the Force™. Choose the Jedi. Choose a Master. Choose the Council. Choose a fucking blue lightsaber. Choose protocol droids, R2 units and clone troopers. Choose Naboo, Coruscant and Tatooine. Choose fixed-interest credit payments to the Kaminoans. Choose a Corellian freighter that did the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. Choose a Wookiee. Choose sneaking into the Death Star, deactivating a tractor beam, waving your lightsaber in Darth Vader's face. Choose turning into a blue ghost at the end of it all, disappearing into thin air, nothing more than an embarrassment to the whiny farmboy you trained on the way to Alderaan.

Choose your destiny. Choose repackaged irony.

But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got the Force™?

Henry based asf

Literally elliot rodgers: The king

Love

Mental illness

The concept of "spooks"

compassion.
>do you need compassion to deliver live-saving emergency care? do you need compassion to meditate? do you need compassion to run a country or business? do you need compassion to function in society and interact with others? no, just don't be a cunt unless the situation demands it

Spook itself, obviously

freedom

Excuse me, that idea is my intellectual property

property itself is a spook unless you can defend it through force

Meet me somewhere and see what happens

Patriotism

Agreed, but what is the source of patriotism? You have to go deeper.

but the state can kill you or imprison you if you act in your self-interest in a way that is dangerous to it. Death and imprisonment are not in anyone's self-interest. How can the state be a spook

lmfaooooooooo

THIS

Life is what you make it/want it to be, there doesn't need to be some ultimate purpose/meaning/goal that everyone should objectively aspire to. Free yourself from that thinking.

(there are certain things that I think everyone should aspire to, such as trying your best and typical shit like that though)

How the fuck is boredom a spook?

ghosts

The BIGGEST possible spook is the concept of "going deeper."

It's been 20 years user. You must've realized this already.

Politics