Post 'em

Post 'em.

mindbluff.com/askread.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

mindbluff.com/askread.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"above average" heh, that must mean I'm some sort of genius.

200-250 words a min (Average)

>You read between 250 - 300 words per minute. Above-average reading level. (The average rate is between 200 - 250 words per minute.) It is assumed that you did not skim the words nor fail to understand the meaning of what was read.

Good enough i Guess.

>mindbluff.com/askread.htm
400-450

You read between 650 - 700 words per minute.

This is of course something I learned consciously, took a while to get comprehension to my previous level.

Got two wrong in the quiz (never been good at perfect retention even while reading slow) and I hadn't even reached one of the sentences they asked about

You read between 650 - 700 words per minute. Extremely efficient reading level. (The average rate is between 200 - 250 words per minute.) It is assumed that you did not skim the words nor fail to understand the meaning of what was read.

I used to read at 250 words per minute until my literature professor arranged a reading course.

350-400.
but damn it, go only 50% score on the comprehension test. it was a bit unfair though, the last question was from a part i haven't even reached...
plus i'm not a native speaker.

what's the secret to fast reading?

300-350 I'm not a native English speaker.

Is there really any benefit to fast reading other than to save time?

not subvocalizing

I only advise speed reading for opinion pieces, news articles, texts you've read before and perhaps biblical texts.

If you are reading dense non-fiction or fiction where you need a rhythm or a sense of the goings on then do not speed-read.

How'd you do on the quiz?

250 - 300
it's a speech, i imagined someone talking with impact and emphasizing phrases and words and taking breaks
this

Nice meme

200-250 but only 33% comprehension

this is actually a very good way to read.

300-350 and 100% on comprehension

Subvocalizing at fast speeds feels wrong and like the person should slow down. That said, I have the habit of reading fast when I read aloud.

Brainlet

There's literally no point in reading that fast.

>You read between 850 - 900 words per minute. Virtual Speed Reader. (The average rate is between 200 - 250 words per minute.) It is assumed that you did not skim the words nor fail to understand the meaning of what was read.

how do i not subvocalize?

I got 300-350 but wouldn't ever read that fast if I'm enjoying a book. But is about the pace I'd go at when I was trying to get through a bunch of reading for a college class so I guess that's cool.

150-200 words per minute. AND 100% comprehension (': pretty dam proud

Take the test