Okay Veeky Forums, post ONE book that you think is absolutely ESSENTIAL for ANYONE to read at least once in their lives

Okay Veeky Forums, post ONE book that you think is absolutely ESSENTIAL for ANYONE to read at least once in their lives.

I don't necessarily mean your favorite, or the one you think is the best, and I don't mean just for actual readers, I just mean a work that is so important you believe everyone should read it.

bible

Quran

Torah

Harry Potter book. Any one.

Nice memes.

The Cosmic Trigger

Tel aviv phonebook

Considering that EVERYONE should read it, it cant be too complicated.

So I will go with Slaughterhouse 5, because its very accessible even to people who arent that smart and I think it really does instill a good amount of interesting ideas in the reader.

Big Moby D.

Bible, Iliad, Odyssey, The Republic, Canterbury Tales, The Divine Comedy, Don Quixote, Hamlet, Faust, War and Peace, Moby Dick, The Brothers Karamazov, Ulysses. That'll cover most of the replies so you can delete this shit thread now.

>he expects everyone on the planet to be able to read and appreciate that shit

Moron.

Phaedrus

Mein Kampf

i.j

>Canterbury Tales
>Ulysses
kek everytiem

Strange Attractors by Story Fielding?

Notes from Underground

Seriously

Love tswift

Blessed art thee child

Le Petit Prince

Not a meme, actually this. The amount of allusions most western work over hundreds of years has should speak for itself.

It also offers good ways to view life even if you don't believe.

>It also offers good ways to view life even if you don't believe.
Tell that to the chirstfags who don't actually give any effort to live a Christ-like life.

came to witness the wonder itself

Maybe some simple introduction to philosophy book, something that everyone can understand and really makes you think

>implying they read the Bible
Those that do that must simply cherry-pick because it covers all bases. Even the stereotypical slutty religious girl.
"Don't put it in the vagina, but anywhere else is fine and not immoral."
The Bible goes against this a lot. Unless you're married, then read Song of Solomon and do as you will.

Aurelius' Meditations for sure. It has a lot of really solid advice, and it's broken up into little bite sized entries that even illiterates can manage :^)

Came here to post this. Aristotle's Politics, then.

dropped at the 40 seconds mark. too edgy.

The Prince.
I think it's a good introduction to some interesting ideas. Also
>Karen
>best girl
Absolutely.

I don't think there is one but if I had to choose one I'd pick the bible since it's probably the most translated one.

the bible

El Cid.
Probably the best moral guidebook, superior than the bible.

Being imposes some kind of obligation to find out what’s going on

We can will the perfect future into being by becoming microcosms of the perfect future, and no longer casting blame outward on institutions or hierarchies of responsibility and control, but by realizing the opportunities here, the responsibilities here, and the two may never be congruent again, and the salvation of your immortal soul may depend on what you do with the opportunity

everything by Aristotle

infinite jest