Get phone call from my daughter's school yesterday

>Get phone call from my daughter's school yesterday
>They told me she was screaming in the library and no one could get her to calm down
>She also wet her pants, they said
>Had to take an early day to take her home
>She told me she wants a night light
>I ask her what made her so scared
>She told me she read a book at the school library with really really really scary drawings in it
>I instantly realized what book she was talking about

Well. My kids' scarred for life over this book, just like I was. I can't be myself in the dark without thinking about some of the illustrations from this book being right behind me, and I guess my daughter will be the same way. Why the fuck is this book in schools for third graders, honestly.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!v5chhZLD!tzvpJgM_a52Mrwf8uuRkfm9mlFJxTSSjECgtpKXHLYo
mega.nz/#!uxlHERwK!P7culyNfX43Wi8t_KEebG49lcHM7TYAFKr1qw9N9THg
mega.nz/#!i98TSQqI!gdR-BrcXiSS9g9vptAR-Oq-yitKi7P45zJYADrWJgiI
mega.nz/#!7xtGXZjC!Otmxf7HiWcHTCXNU4qHB8wuX1aSfEqb8pqVJPEpR9MQ
barnesandnoble.com/w/the-scary-stories-treasury-a-schwartz/1005316535
youtube.com/watch?v=id7A97SDAWE#t=9m50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>letting your daughter read
Take the redpill, retard. A woman shouldn't be engaged in the arts or politics, but be raised to be a breeder of the white race and the upbringer of white children.

Make sure she remains a virgin until marriage and don't let her have tattoos or piercings or associate with ethnically different children

Just be happy she can really feel something.

Why isn't there an age rating guidline system for books like their are for movies (MPAA) or video games (ESRB)?

goddammit. I wish /pol/ would just fuck off already.

Wasn't the climax of one of these stories literally just a guy stepping on a nail?

kek

There is, it's the density if the work itself.

OP is a liar

Also I read this book in middle school and only one story was spooky, the hospital one

/thread

(You)re disgusting

>having children
you disgust me

women are inferior

>tfw you will never has as intense of a reaction to books as you did as a kid

t. virgin

And damn proud to be. Modern women are degenerate

What's wrong with being degenerate? You must be a boring person. You can be degenerate ad still be intellectual, you know.

Degeneracy leads to tattoos, piercings, STDs and interracial relationships

Enjoy your sheltered, inept, unfeeling, vapid offspring, Helicopter Parent.

nothing wrong with those besides STDs. personally I don't want tattoos or piercings, but I don't see why it's a big deal and I would love to date a qt Asian girl.

The fuck? So not wanting my 12-year-old to accidentally read the Marquis De Saude is "helicopter parenting"?

Congrats, your a degenerate swine, who's destroying Western civilization with your pathological behavoirs. Embrace whiteness

And I'm probably enjoying my life more than your bitter, deluded, friendless, virgin NEET ass who's going to die alone without accomplishing anything significant.

but you'll burn in Hell while I will be dining with my white ancestors in Heaven who'll pat me on the back for trying to save our race.

The probability of Hell existing is slim to none, and I doubt God would take my "degeneracy" as seriously as you do.

Also what exactly are you doing to "save your race"? Are you breeding with white women? Because being a keyboard warrior doesn't do jack shit.

>Also what exactly are you doing to "save your race"?
I am redpilling people on Veeky Forums to the degeneracy of liberal """thought""". It spreads. See how we got Trump elected

Kek.

Trump getting elected was a fluke. He lost the popular vote by more than 3 million people. That means MORE people in the country are against him than not. Don't think he's gonna actually change anything. Remember when people thought Obama was gonna make a big difference? Yeah.

He will ensure the future of our white children.
Obongo was always unfit for office

How are images ever scary? Normies are so retarded.

Were you ever a child or were you just born an adult?

My mother let me watch R rated movies like IT since I was an infant, she told me I was afraid of nothing. I blame my autism.

>She also wet her pants, they said

can you elaborate?

This

IT isn't rated R...

I remember the stories didn't freak me out when I was little, it was just those nasty drawings. I still don't see why people are so quick to defend this book. I sure wouldn't show it to any kid.

congrats your daughter has autism

You keep samefagging every.single.thread just STOP! Do you have a life or something?

I think you get my point; movies and images just weren't real enough for me. The only thing I was scared of when I was a baby were video games. The Resident Evil series and Eternal Darkness got me pretty good.

I started coming to /b/, bestgore.com, shock sites, etc when I was a prepubescent. Not sure what was wrong with me.

I mean rotten.com

Bestgore was after I grew out of that stuff.

your daughters a fuckin pussy mate just like you were

Yes, the nail story is real. Most of the stories aren't that good, but the drawings are A+.

>modern
You mean contemporary.

Dude, you're seriously feeding the troll right now.

>inb4 i was retarding to be pretended

Every day until you realize the truth.

OTOH Amphigorey Too scared the absolute shit out of me when I was a little boy. Now I love Gorey and have all of those anthologies. So maybe your daughter will grow up to love the books, through a years-long process of aesthetic realization, like what I had.

I kinda want to buy a set of these books but I don't want to be seen wandering solo in the kid's section of the bookstore.

Obama was (God, how great it is to literally and meaningfully apply the past tense to that man) a very effective president. You're an idiot if you believe otherwise. It's exactly because he has been so effective at ramming policy down our throats, presto-chango legislating via executive orders, and overall leading the poz charge in the national culture, that Trump came to be. Had Obama been ineffectual in the types of things that he had wanted to do (or in executing the bunglings that he did), then the requisite forty-five percent or so of the electorate would not have been as fired up as they were, nor would they have prevailed over the tyranny of the majority and effected the correct choice, as the constitution wisely and blessedly makes possible.

Posting my shitty personal scan of the first book while I convert and upload some better-aligned ones.

mega.nz/#!v5chhZLD!tzvpJgM_a52Mrwf8uuRkfm9mlFJxTSSjECgtpKXHLYo

Sorry about the quality and orientation of these ones; I didn't scan them myself.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - non-personal scan.pdf ~
mega.nz/#!uxlHERwK!P7culyNfX43Wi8t_KEebG49lcHM7TYAFKr1qw9N9THg

More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.pdf ~
mega.nz/#!i98TSQqI!gdR-BrcXiSS9g9vptAR-Oq-yitKi7P45zJYADrWJgiI

Scary Stories 3.pdf ~
mega.nz/#!7xtGXZjC!Otmxf7HiWcHTCXNU4qHB8wuX1aSfEqb8pqVJPEpR9MQ

Just posting these in case anyone has an interest.

Gross.

Stop being so mean.

>tfw still have a resurrecting fear know and again about some stranger just hiding in the darkness of your basement among your knick-knacks, waiting

I read this to my 6 and 3 year old this halloween. They were like "oh, ghosts".

I think your kid is literally autistic

The brick wall one? There's like 3 books, probably more than one hospital story

Also not scary; just a great fucking story desu

A lot of the stories aren't scary intentionally; they have at least one joke

The illustrations are famously "too much" but the stories themselves people forget are cheesy as hell.

What the hell? I read this book in third grade.

a kid went in to get his tonsils removed. He was put in the same room as a kid who had to get his arm removed. The other kid kept trying to escape and shit, and he was edgy and a troublemaker. They both had to stay overnight. The people came in at night to take the TONSIL kid to get his ARMS removed! and he was like "no you want the other guy, he switched our charts!" and the guy was like "yeah right, it says right here you'll say anything get out of it" and they rolled him out of the room, and he looked back at the other kid and he had a smug pepe grin

Your simple emotional appeal delights me as it indicates that you cannot substantively refute any of my rhetoric. In this moment of triumphlism, I most certainly shall not yield, not even for an instant. What is necessary is a fixing, which requires a pushing, since a wrong pulling, so very hard in the other and wrong direction, had previously taken place. Now we have a signal opportunity to obviate ninety percent of that nonsense in one hundred days.

I'm going to keep on being mean, with the simple caveat of not not being /a total reprehensible dick/ about it. But mean I shall continue to be, because that is exactly what is required. It may cause the right people to spontaneously grow some skin, spine, that type of thing. Exactly the type of thing that conservatives have robustly grown and nurtured, and from which point they have successfully argued their corner, howling to the contrary.

Never read this as a kid, is it spoopy enough for an adult to enjoy or is it pretty safe kiddie stuff like I'd expect it to be?

Last I heard they had published a new shitty one with different, milder art. Wouldn't surprise me that the old ones are still floating around libraries though. Those three books are an essential part of childhood.

It's pretty spoopy desu

Thank you!

did you try drugs?

>My kids' scarred for life over this book
What the fuck is wrong with her? It's just ink on a piece of plant.

I think this was a Malcom in the Middle episode

Some of it is inappropriate, but if you arent raising pussies its fine.

>tfw they ruined this book's illustrations

You can still buy the old treasury new

barnesandnoble.com/w/the-scary-stories-treasury-a-schwartz/1005316535

Classic kids Veeky Forums

>tfw no kids to read this to

I read that book when I was in grade school, I fucking loved it and the illustrations. The stories were creepy as fuck for a child, yet funny at the same time. The pictures really added to the "This is fucking creepy as shit vibe" too which I loved.

Its a shame they changed them.

interracial relationships are a predictor of STDs

>no qt degenerate gf

wtf? They read us this in like 3rd grade and nobody flipped out. You guys are just pansies

I did watch a lot of Malcolm at that age but I still feel strongly that these were seperate

You realize that is just taking the piss, right? Nobody takes you seriously.

You're daughters a pleb, scary stories to tell in the dark was never scary

Read her some lovecraft or some poe at least. It will at best make her realize how stupid that silly book is. My kids will be so fucking patrician by the time they are my age I swear on it

youtube.com/watch?v=id7A97SDAWE#t=9m50s

This is the episode I was thinking of

I mean the guy got his arm chopped off I presume, and nobody on MitM got their arm chopped off, except that military school guy and I dont think they ever showed the origins

It's funny that you go to that phrase, "take seriously". Nobody took Donald Trump seriously as a presidential candidate. Whoopsie daisy.

Wasn't that one a joke?

I remember this from childhood, those were dark days.

Thanks user

We cant hide information from our children because we think it is "too bad for them". This blocks them from forming their own opinion, turning them into mindless puppets of their parents will, even after childhood. Its fucked up.

most of your ancestors wouldn't recognize "white" as a race, they would consider stuff like English or French or maybe Scandinavian or British to be races, at best it would be as broad as Slavic
also why would you eat in Heaven?

None of that changes the fact you need to lighten up and stop being a sore winner.

Americans
>afraid of their children seeing tits
>fine with their children having interracial gay sex in middle school

AMERICANISM NOT EVEN ONCE

Was it the pictures or the stories that scared her? Explain to her that they are just drawings by a talented artists, and artists can make us feel lots of emotions, including happiness. im drunk atm

fucking hell, i remember when trolls put in effort and didn't lift shit verbatim from pol

nah, wrong book. You're thinking of Nightmare Hour by RL Stine. The story is called "I'm not Martin." Martin is the shit eater.