Show me your writing instruments, Veeky Forums

Show me your writing instruments, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/a-learning-secret-don-t-take-notes-with-a-laptop/
theguardian.com/science/2014/dec/16/cognitive-benefits-handwriting-decline-typing
npr.org/2016/04/17/474525392/attention-students-put-your-laptops-away
writeanalog.com/writing-by-hand-productive/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>writing by hand like a peasant
see ya in the 21st century bub

>not using a voice recorder
>not using a smartphone
>not using a tablet
>not using a laptop
>not using a pee see
>two thousand seventeen

There's no way you don't need a pen at work or school.

>pen at work or school

master race comin atcha

>using your laptop or smartphone during an exam
Suuuuure buddy.

It`s a 200-piece box of cheapest pens, and 1 meter high stack of cheapest notebooks.

>writing instruments

Veeky Forums is a blue board, OP

One of the best pens I've ever owned. It was a gift from someone that works at Boeing.

Extremely smooth motion
Heavy weight, perfect for my lighter writing style
Even ink distribution
Very well constructed out of metal

Writing is better. People that type are both annoying and generally do worse despite having more notes.

scientificamerican.com/article/a-learning-secret-don-t-take-notes-with-a-laptop/

theguardian.com/science/2014/dec/16/cognitive-benefits-handwriting-decline-typing

npr.org/2016/04/17/474525392/attention-students-put-your-laptops-away

writeanalog.com/writing-by-hand-productive/

one of these

>tfw proletarian and cant have nice pens

it was worth the money.

I had a friend in high school who wrote with fountain pens
He shot himself junior year

I've been using a fountain pen for about two years now and considered coughing up the $600+ for a mont blanc for christmas. Within a week of considering it, I dropped my (very cheap) fountain pen while reading and irreparably mangled the nib.

Looks like we'll be sticking with the cheap stuff.

HERO 616 because i live the cheap life.

If you bother with hipster fountain pen you should probably just go sniff some glue my man.

>fountain pen

>used by peasents

have you no knowledge of calligraphy?

INSIGNIFICANT WRETCH OF A HUMAN ORGANISM OF A BIENG MADE UP OF CHEMICAL SCUM REEEEEE!!!!

Don't drop it with the lid off.

A rare-metal nib will also be (much) more difficult to damage. It's made out of that material for more reasons than simply the fact that it won't erode. Consider buying a gold-nib pen first, you can probably get one for much much less than $600. Gold won't be as durable as a platinum-group, metal, but it should give you a sense of it. If that doesn't work, the Lamy 2000 has a hooded nib and is made from a platinum-group metal, and the material the pen itself is made from is very durable (you could even get stainless steel if you want to pay more, but all that will do is protect it from feet and scratches.)

I think they sell for between $140-240. Looks better than a Mont Blanc too, honestly. Gold on polished black is fucking tacky. There are much better pens on the market in the $600+ range. For the most part they should all function great so just take into consideration that different countries like to define line-width differently (a typical German fine is a Japanese medium or something silly like that) and go for something unique. Remember that polished black will show all scratches.

Again, if you just want something that writes well and is durable, the stainless steel Lamy 2000 probably won't ever break unless you try to break it, and should only be about $250. Cheap pens are generally fine too, I have one that cost me $5 and at most it's just a bit stiff and poorly-balanced (sort of turns to one side when loose rather than staying about at where it was left), pens are mostly just luxury items at higher price-ranges. Like watches, where at and above a certain price everything will be functionally very similar, but there will still be watches worth as much as a great car. I don't know how much the really expensive pens are, I've seen a few that sell for like $6000 but they were one-of-a-kind and had a hand-made body. I forget what they were called, but they were gorgeous. Still though, a big reason somebody would buy a pen like that is how authoritative it appears.

I want to talk to you about this.

This is probably more hipster than fountain pen, sorry man.

If you did, you would, but you don't, so you won't.

I own a Mont Blanc and it's a well-crafted object and very well balanced. The nib is the most beautiful on the market imo, it's a matter of taste. I also own a Cross and a Lamy but I don't take as much pleasure writing as with the Mont Blanc.

If I had to rank these three, I'd say:

>Mont Blanc
>Cross (too heavy but great sensation)
>Lamy (not that good looking, especially the nib)