How much time would it take to read all of these if you read moderately fast 2 hours per day ?

How much time would it take to read all of these if you read moderately fast 2 hours per day ?

If you were consistently reading 2 hrs a day every day I would say you could do it in at least a year.

2 weeks

Who the fuck cares, are you in a race or something.
Just do it, make your dreams come true

Yes I am in a fucking race because I need to know everything about philosophy before 6 months

Just cheat and become a nihilist

This list is complete trash. So much is missing just in the first two stages, and many of the choices are arbitrary.

There is a shit ton of secondary literature that will mediate you the superficial knowledge that you try to gain, OP. Roll with that, and if you want to deepen your understanding of a philosopher or a time period, then do it seriously and not as a race, otherwise you will betray the content.

Nobody on Veeky Forums will ever read all of that.

What's a good list then, user?

If you're trying to read through all of this as quickly as possible you might as well not read it at all. Most of the true benefit that comes from reading much of this content requires careful reading and study, not just blindly speeding through.

One that you assemble by yourself, the foundation being the research you will do, that should match the effort that you wish to put into reading the list.

>surrounded by literal retards

i take it you're in a special needs class

Why all those theological books but no bible? Seems kind of off. Are you a catholic?

A lot. I mean, a lot.

Corpus of Plato, Aristotle and Summa Theologica alone should take you at least a couple of months, German idealists will take half a year at least if you read them properly, and so on.

By the way, this is a very weird graphic - it features university-level grade of detail for history of philosophy(although it obviously has some minor problems, the main being complete lack of secondary sources), but modern philosophy is limited to Heidegger and Wittgenstein. I could name at least ten, maybe fifteen, modern philosophers that deserve to be mentioned off the top of my head.

>your list is shit
>help me then
>no
And you're the one calling people retarded fuck me the 'tism

>middle ages
>no Duns Scotus

How much are you hoping to retain and understand from those works?

Getting Aristole without secondary works alone could take over a year at that rate and he isnt even the hardest author on that list.

Plz green text OP

You want to consume these as they are a Netflix series to binge watch on a rainy weekend. Let's say that you can read those in two years. What do you think you will get? Do you think you will come out different than you are now? What are you hoping to accomplish by reading these? I don't want to say don't read these. I'm saying that philosophy is lifetime journey.

if you really want to do such a "romp-through", you're better off reading all of Copleston instead

Just read a history of philosophy and then work your way through the primary texts at your leisure.

I agree. Especially for the pre-socratics, secondary literature might even be better for some of them, because you get commentary. Assuming your starting at stage one, Heraclitus can be pretty hard to properly digest.

>aeschylus and homer are presocratics, right?
what the fuck am i even looking at?

>reading fast

don't do that. you won't comprehend shit.