So when will we become a type I civilization?

so when will we become a type I civilization?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LMbI6sk-62E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Perhaps in a few decades or a hundred years but I don't believe we will ever reach type 2

>but I don't believe we will ever reach type 2
why not?

He told me we were going to be a type III civilization any time soon

It hasn't happened yet

Time is like a stairway, a stairway to heaven.

so what's the use for this retarded scale? history is full of civilizations of widely varying technological advancement but this piece of shit scale can only say "hurr durr not even type I" about them. seems like a stupid thing you'll only find in popsci books.

Once we eliminate all the untermensch

Never, he's a fraud and a scammer who gets money from stupid kids who want to feel smart.

I hate this asshole, because he brings shame to pop sci. What should be an engaging and educative genre of books, it became trash for people who can't use critical thinking.

>what popsci should be
The research of scientific branches explained in a critical way, without the required preknowledge, so that someone who is not an idiot but who chose to study something else could still be acquainted with different sciences.

Examples of good pop sci
Richard Feynman - QED
Leonard Susskind - The Theoretical Minimum
Jim Davies - Riveted
James Adams - Conceptual Blockbusting

These books, and others, are great. They teach you about things you couldn't possibly study by yourself in a way that is not overly complicated, but they also require you to think through and realize what their research is and what it's not. Compare Feynman's QED, written clearly and concisely, to the mumbo jumbo of buzzwords that are Hawking's books.

And the worst part? Trash popsci constitutes the majority of the genre, and what's worse is how popular it is compared to the good books of its kind.

son, we just need to build some solar freakin' roadways!!!

I want to become a sci-fi meme too!

10,000 years

Is there hope to reach something this when the the people who care about this are dwindling, they dont reproduce, and are being replaced by increasing number of people who don't care about this?

plural is untermenschen you untermensch

smart people aren't reproducing because it's been intentionally made far to expensive to
Smart parents want their children to grow up in good conditions in a safe environment
Apes just want to shit out 8 children and give no fucks if said children die off, they'll just make more

agreed. he seems really smug about the japanese radiation too like it was sweet justice after ww2

in all probability probably never-sorry for being a downer OP

youtube.com/watch?v=LMbI6sk-62E
Naysaying is for cuckolds
people were saying never to metal ships, to heavier than air flight, to trans continental flight, to instant global communications, and to space travel
what kind of faggot would assume that this time in particular, we wont do something, when we quite literally have the technology at this very moment to do it, and so many leagues more that it would look like a joke

I wasn't only talking about brown people, I also mean normies not only don't care about this they are anti-intellectual and celebrate their indifference to science and math and worse there is a tendency for them to shun people who are labeling them like nerds/geeks. And I wasn't only talking about that. In addition, there is also stuff like scientists getting shut down because he said mean things that the pc cops can't allow.

the statement still applies
while brown people might do it with significantly more frequency, there's mouth breathing retards in every group, and they don't stop shitting out more retards

because technology is repressed. most of the tech we use is because higher beings let us, or make us use

You don't get a (You)
higher beings can go fuck themselves
Humanity is best
try and stop us

Around 2035-2040.

Mining of crypto currency and flying cars will spur huge demand for energy. Wind and solar will provide at increasingly lowering cost. Watch it happen.

Never. We don't even use all the types of energy the planet has to give, let alone harness what energy it can produce.

>orbital rings faggot posts it again

This is just as bad as that guy who kept posting the hovercraft shit for cities and EMTs.

>flying cars

Those are called "aeroplanes" and "helicopters", hunnybun.

When we redefine what that means.

If we just stay on Earth we can not go to a type I level of energy consumption. This would just destroy life on our planet and our civilisation. So it's only achievable if we colonize our solar system. If we do we could reach this point in about 200 years.

im scared of death.
I don't want to die, I want to see the earth evolve dammit

so by not agreeing with you that means I enjoy watching others sleep with my wife?

I'd say grow up but clearly that won't help you

Yes I'd love to see humans advance, but your asking when we'll have total control/energy over our solar system when men have only reached the moon, although we've sent plenty of probes to other parts, we're still a long way from the goal of type 1 civilization.

And from the way humans/people are we'll probably be too busy squabbling amongst ourselves to advance to that point.

Normally I hate to see other people being this cynical but it is true, unless there is a major shake up in our priorities - caused by some disaster or watchmen style supervillain then it is unlikely.

Sorry to burst your bubble

when we prune retard niggers.

Has anyone noticed the VO sounds like kripki from Big Bang Theory?

I just noticed and can barely keep a straight face and take it seriously

Then he went all southern drawl Foghorn Leghorn near the end

the act of dropping down and bellowing NEVER EVER is what makes someone a cuck, because it is the act of surrendering without resistance

Why would we need the unity of humanity anyway?
The moon landings were done at a time when most people are against NASA and the idea of going to space, as they all wanted the money to be spent on gimmiedats instead, yet the landings were done
I'd argue we could venture out into space in the same conditions, for our technology and knowledge is far superior, we need only a few enterprising businesses, along with a government or two that has some high aspirations, and we'd be successful as one could be, even with the highly explosive sand people breaking shit

>Isaac Arthur
My nigga

a true shame nobody likes the guy because the poor bastard can't say R

Aging sucks bro

Once Israel is completely destroyed

Islam delenda est. you double mooselimb.