Thoughts on This Image?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ROe28Ma_tYM
youtube.com/watch?v=0zjRBVVRdDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love it but it triggered me a bit because I wanted to know who wasn't a pseudointellectual
You should add Nassim Taleb for funs

A good bait for newfags desu.

I don't know why Sam Hyde is on there, he's just a comedian. I doubt anyone actually gets their ideology from him.

Bill Nye is 100% deserved, as is that Star Trek queer. Gavin McInnes has some pretty good views on some things, but he's super degenerate.

Missing Thomas Aquinas

>shitting on bill nye

the guy has done nothing but try to inspire interest in science in plebs and kids for his whole career. I wouldnt listen to him on public policy, but he has done great good in this world.

After he did his little bit about being a "scientist", He went on to promote all kinds of political agendas under the guise of being that scientist, and millennials take his word for gospel because their fat black middle school science teacher showed them his videos instead of teaching, so they have some sort of spiritual connection with the engineer.

He doesn't count

Who is that chick below Anita Sarcasmian?

Syrian Partisan Girl on YouTube.

I like it, it's good bait. It has the selection of people so that everyone will try to claim that it isn't true for some of them

Bill Nye the Bachelors Degree in Engineering Guy

Zizek doesn't belong on that list.

Of course he doesn't, sweetie

>Zizek doesn't belong on that list.
>Zizek is part of my ideology, it conflicts with my ideology to see him ousted as a pseudointellectual therefore he doesn't belong on this list

>interest in science in plebs
Science is (nowadays, at least) for plebs, that is, those who need to work for a living.

>putting based Hitchens alongside the likes of Alex Jones, Jon Strewart, Chomsky, Bill Nye, etc...
Kill yourself

I don't know which Hitchens you are referencing.

Seeing as they are both shit, I'll just ignore your post!

One wonders who the guy who made that picture actually admires himself, but probably no one since he's almost certainly a pathetic loser.

There is only one Hitchens work speaking of. Further proof of your abject ignorance.

Here I fixed it for you

Why would you admire someone?

Only betas admire others.

I think we need to put you up there too. Got a pic?

>Only betas admire others.

Oh fuck you

How is this related to my post?

>Chomsky, Zizek, and Lawrence Krauss considered on the same level as John Green, John Oliver, Alex Jones, and Joe Rogan.

No matter what you think of them, by any definition the first three are prominent and universally-recognize intellectuals, while the other three are not in any way. And just because someone isn't an intellectual doesn't mean they should be ignored (e.g. George Carlin).

So overall, I don't see anything in this image that I agree with.

Not an argument.

Using the word beta unironically means you're almost certainly a /pol9k/tard.

You do realize language isn't confined to a board on an imageboard, correct?

Do you have autism?

>being triggered by an obvious bait list

>>Chomsky, Zizek, and Lawrence Krauss
>Zizek
Kek, how is someone still using psychoanalysis not a pseudointellectual? You just like the man so you forgive him for what he is but if you looked in your heart you know it to be true: he is one of the biggest contemporary pseudointellectuals.

I like the man too, but after reading his books and listening to his readings, while I can nod in agreement at times, I could only conclude that he is a charlatan, a very likeable one, but still a charlatan.

>Not an argument.
Neither is your reply an argument and neither gave that user any argument that Zizek shouldn't be on this list.

reminded me of this

Are you an white alpha male fascist reactionary?

No, then you're obviously a beta m8 :^) Enjoy being on the bottom rung.

What are you talking about?

We were talking about admiring others. That is a politically neutral discussion which you have suddenly made political.

Do you have autism?

Why does the frog stay in hell when he can just walk out the door? Really makes you think...

There's literally nothing wrong with admiring other people that are respectable, and thinking that there is, is the real autism here.

>le pol boogeyman

Take Nick Land off that chart this very instant, you fucking faggot!

I regard no other man in this world as greater than myself.

I look upon all those in the list above and only think of conquering over them, not admiring.

It is simply by will and being to overcome all men on this planet.

Forgive me, but admire me in the process ;).

cute

>defending this shit tier "philospher"

This

Admiration is for women.

TAKE THAT BACK

I don't like Zizek, and obviously you don't either, but he has two doctorates, spends his life discussing ideas and conduction research, and he has advanced the paradigm of academic discussion in a number of fields. Perhaps he is a poor intellectual, but he is an intellectual in any sense of the word.

>>defending this shit tier "philospher"
I hope you feel the same for Zizek otherwise you might just think he is shit tier because he doesn't confirm to your beliefs

I personally think both are shit tier, though even shit tier philosophers get stuff right or are even at moments interesting themselves

I think of this list much as I thought of the first list ()

The point is that they're both bait and that we shouldn't waste our lives getting triggered by charts some Veeky Forums autist made to rile us up

>Peterson

Could we make a list of who all of these people are so that we can avoid them? I know about half of them, so please complete my list.

Row 1: Alex Jones, (don't remember the faggot's name), Bill Nye, ???, ???, Chomsky, don't remember, ???, ???
Row 2: h3h3, ???, ???, Milo, Stefan Molyneux, Black Science Guy, some faggot from infowars, right?, ???, some feminist cunt?
Row3: ???, ???, Dawkins, ???, thunderf00t, Lauren Southern perhaps? , that guy who put a banana up his ass, ???, ???, Anita Sarkesian
Row 4: Peter Thiel (?), ???, don't remember, Sargon of Akkad (obviously), young turks (obviously), ???, ???, fat gamer SJW guy ???, ???, antisemitic jewish priest guy what's his name?, ???
Row 5: ???, Zizek, Ann Coulter, ???, forgot his name, John Green, ???, ????, ???, ???
Row 6: Harold Bloom, ???, some comedian?, ???, ???, ???, ???, Nick Land, Lindybeige
Row 7: ????, ???, Maddox, ???, Richard Spencer, ????

Only psueds care whether other people are psueds.

Row 1: Alex Jones, Bill Maher, Bill Nye, Bill O’Reilly, William F. Buckley, Noam Chomsky, Christopher Hitchens, ???, Gavin McInnis
Row 2:???, Joe Rogan, Lawrence Krauss, Milo Yiannopoulos, Stefan Molyneux, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, ???, ???, Laci Green
Row 3: ???, ???, Richard Dawkins, ???, thunderf00t, Lauren Southern perhaps? , AmazingAtheist, ???, ???, Anita Sarkesian
Row 4: Dave Rubin, ???, Sam Harris, Sargon of Akkad, The Young Turks, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
Row 5: ???, Slavov Zizek, Ann Coulter, ???, Michio Kaku, John Green, ???, John Oliver, Reza Aslan, ???
Row 6: Harold Bloom, ???, George Carlin, Jon Stewart, ???, ???, ???, Nick Land, Lindybeige
Row 7: ????, Jordan Peterson, Maddox, Pat Buchanan, Richard Spencer, ????

this

>science
>good work
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Accelerationism intensifies

>JOHN Green
>JOHN Oliver
>Alex JONES
>JOE Rogan
huh...really...

lmao, you will never aspire to anything, I can tell that by the fact that you're posting on Veeky Forums

t. redditor nu-males

That picture has several scientists. Exactly how is a scientist a pseudo intellectual?

(You)

They can participate in pseudo-intellectualism, for example, Lawrence Krauss taking a shit on philosophy.

Bill Nye, Richard Dawkins, Milo Yanapoloololo, Ben Shapiro, Christopher Hitchens, Michio Kaku, Sargon of Akkad.

All of them someone participate in pseudo-intellectualism? Can you give some concrete examples?

Disagreeing with you is not the same as being a pseudo intellectual.

Nye, Milo, and Akkad are NOT scientists. Dawkins and Hitchens regularly talk shit about things outside of their knowledge or fields. The rest Idk too much about.

Just ask yourself how rigorous their thought is.

>Nye, Milo, and Akkad are NOT scientists.

Then it's a good thing I didn't say they were.

> Dawkins and Hitchens regularly talk shit about things outside of their knowledge or fields

Dawkins pretty much just sticks to evolution. I haven't seen him talking about anything he is not qualified to talk about.

Hitchens is a journalist. That kind of covers a lot of subjects, in a way.

Not that it matters. If you talk about something outside of your field of research, that doesn't make you a pseudo intellectual.

Is there anything is particular they said that rustled your jimmies?

Ok. Pretty rigorous, I guess?

>Ok. Pretty rigorous, I guess?

inb4 he retracted his statements

Agree except for Christopher Hitchens (I don't think he even wanted to be called an "intellectual", and he actually talked some interesting things apart from his fedora shit), Chomsky & Zizek are let's say actually "philosophers" and Yuri Bezmenov only tried to show how the Soviet Union destroyed America. Nothing bad about that.

Ben Shapiro is like the jewest guy ever

While I didn't exactly like his "drop a hammer on your foot and see what happens" analogy, nothing in that video made me think of him as a pseudo intellectual.

Science is better than philosophy. Deal with it.

I think it covers enough people to qualify as a troll post.

Hitchens is fine, the rest can fuck off.

>Science is better than philosophy. Deal with it.
>Creating an opposition where there is none

Philosophy is the crown of science.

Only recently has science been getting uppity and started wanting to be the crown of philosophy.

Updated:

Row 1: Alex Jones, Bill Maher, Bill Nye, Bill O’Reilly, William F. Buckley, Noam Chomsky, Christopher Hitchens, Anthony Fantano, Gavin McInnis.
Row 2: h3h3, Joe Rogan, Lawrence Krauss, Milo Yiannopoulos, Stefan Molyneux, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Paul Joseph Watson, ???, Laci Green.
Row 3: Gore Vidal, ???, Richard Dawkins, Ben Shapiro, thunderf00t, Lauren Southern, AmazingAtheist, ???, Peter Hitchens, Anita Sarkesian.
Row 4: Dave Rubin, Sam Hyde, Sam Harris, Sargon of Akkad, The Young Turks, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
Row 5: ???, Slavov Zizek, Ann Coulter, ???, Michio Kaku, John Green, Yuri Bezmenov, John Oliver, Reza Aslan, Owen Jones.
Row 6: Harold Bloom, ???, George Carlin, Jon Stewart, ???, Mehdi Hasan, ???, Nick Land, Lindybeige.
Row 7: ???, Jordan Peterson, George Ouzounian, Pat Buchanan, Richard Spencer, ????.

You should stick to your guns. Forsake all modern conveniences, go live in a cave and grow a beard, while you contemplate existance.

Stop relying on the inferior trade.

There he goes again.

Do you project often?

Add Kimmel, Fallon and that retarded british """"""comedian""""""

They don't count. They're just talk show hosts, not trying to be intellectual or gain money through pseudo nonsense.

Russel brand was participating in these tv-brexit.debates though
That makes him a pseudo-intellectual

you're right about brand, i'm not op but i'll add him

>coen brothers
yeah big lebowsky is the same as No country for old men.

I wasn't talking about Brand but's you're right. What's the name of that british anti Trump talk show idiot with an annoying voice? I think he wears glasses.

john oliver, but he's already on there

Really don't know why Sargon of Akkad is still taken seriously. Dude has been proven to be a lying sack of shit on at least one occasion. And it wasn't like, "oops, I goofed". The guy either legit tried to mislead his audience or he's so utterly lazy and retarded that he couldn't even bother reading the entire wikipedia article on the issue. I forget what it was exactly, some study about rape statistics on college campuses I believe.

Then he got demolished by some feminist in a debate. Look, youtube people are just that. Regular joes who start up a youtube channel to voice their opinion, nothing wrong with that. But people should NOT be taking their word as gospel.

>Chomskek, Zikek and le discernible talent jew
>on the same level as youtube stars and TV ""scientists""

Am I supposed to know all or most of these people?

Why isn't there a list of not-pseudo intellectuals to go with it?

Hasn't Sargon of Akkad been dead for like four thousand years?

Remove:
Anthony Fantano, on the grounds that he reviews music and doesn't really claim expertise on anything else besides shitty meme videos.
Ben Shapiro, on the grounds that he has published several books of independent and original merit. Trading on Jewish ingroup preference to expose deliberate efforts in Hollywood to propagate political agendas isn't something that many people, by definition, can do, and even fewer are willing to rise above the tribalism to do it.
Yuri Bezmenov, on the grounds that his lectures and writings cover a very narrow scope that he is tremendously qualified to speak on (KGB agitprop and subversion efforts during the Cold war years). The fact that his work is used in poor taste and out of context by idiots isn't a reflection on the works themselves.

All the rest are pseuds d e s u

>tfw no go playing qt asian gf

Women that play games like Chess or Go tend to pretty literate too.

Feels bad man

my nerdy go waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=0zjRBVVRdDM

Lawrence Krauss only knows shit about physics. Whenever he opens his mouth to talk about anything else he out of his depth, which doesn't seem to stop him because that is basically all he ever does.

Take Chomsky THE FUCK out of that image already.

Why is Harold Bloom on there?
I take it you heard him shit on DFW (who's not on the list) and got butthurt

>Please remove my x individual with whom I agree and admire

This is why the image was created. For brainlets like yourselves.

between AmazingAtheist and Peter Hitchens is Steven Crowder
under Anita Sarkesian is Syrian Partisan Girl
5th in row 6 is Piero Scaruffi

>calling based HVK talentless
he's no Bruno Walter, sure, but talentless?

:^)