Veeky Forums Confession Thread

For years and years I thought Don Quixote's pal was Pancho Villa.

It wasn't until 3/4 of Catch 22 that I realize it was Cathcart and not Catchcart

I usually always think something is good prose when a word is repeated twice in a sentence.

Example Lolita:

"That was my Lo," she said, "and these are my lilies."
"Yes," I said, "yes. They are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!"

I always fall for it. It just sounds so good to me.

>For years and years I thought Don Quixote's pal was Pancho Villa
top kek

I can't read.

I own the meme trilogy and haven't read any of them

When I was a little kid I thought that all fantasy novels took place within a single self-contained universe, so I thought that the trolls in LOTR were literally the same ones in Harry Potter.

While I admire and appreciate Joyce's work, it's a real drag to read through.

audiobook m8

>only read Joyce in public with the cover visible
>tell everyone I speak French but actually don't
>claim to be thomas pynchon on reddit and Veeky Forums regularly
>constantly quote nietschze but neve read his work
>start every conversation with "what do you read" then scoff at their answer and away shaking my head
>carry around infinite jest, randomly stop and pretend to read a passage then nod in approval

It took me like 5 days to finish Heart of Darkness

>infinite jest
a true dank memer

>carry around infinite jest, randomly stop and pretend to read a passage then nod in approval

Literally spat out my coffee desu

I spend more time shitposting here than I do reading

I'm afraid that's three times.

I said "repeated twice."

Written once, twice repeated. Three times.

Meanwhile, in another Veeky Forums thread

>litizens living near Baltimore, have you encountered a guy in full trench coat and black fedora who is always carrying a messenger letter bag and randomly stops in the middle of the street to read Infinite Jest?
I've stumbled upon him quite a few times now. I followed him once. He walks back and forth near the most crowded library with this smug grin on his face, literally looking over the shoulder to everyone sighing and whispering "plebs" wherever he goes.

I like the idea of reading more than actually reading

I'm Thomas Pynchon.

I like genre fiction.
I'm not sorry.

Hi, 2d girl.

I like genre fiction and I am sorry.

hi, sorry, I'm user

:^)

When I was a kid I did something to get in trouble, can't remember what, and my dad confiscated my Captain Underpants books. That night I stole one of them back and read it in my room, but I got caught so locked them all up in his file cabinet and said I could never have them back.

Anyway, one day when I was 20 years old he went on vacation for a week and left me the key to his file cabinet, so I finally took back my Captain Underpants books for good.

I have alot of books I've read 50 pages of and just stopped.

Bless you for reading this amazing book anyway

I've read hundreds of books, but every single book I've ever read was fantasy/sci-fi.

Virtually all words ending in "ism" are unnecessary and cloud rather than clarify thought.

Are you from a Spanish speaking country? If not I can understand that. Also, not many people today have read Don Quijote, user. Good job! :)

I'm almost 20 years old and I still haven't finished Catcher in the Rye

Harry Potter is my favorite book.

kill yourself

What's wrong with Harry Potter bro?

there is literally nothing wrong with reading genre fiction

just kill yourself

Look bro there's literally nothing wrong with Harry Potter, it's way better than the pretentious trash you losers worship. It's got action, romance, magic, hell it's fun and great. Harry Potter is a masterpiece. You're just stuck up hipsters.

I think this is most likely 99% of Veeky Forums

I unironically think Ulysses is the worst member of the meme trilogy.

I've never read a book, I just shitpost on Veeky Forums instead.

I do all of my philosophy and poetry reading in public and read pleb-tier fantasy books at home.

I own ten copies of Infinite Jest. I've never read it. When people come over I talk about it "Yeah Infinite Jest is great you read it too, totally haha". I can tell they haven't read it either, but I'm not sure whether they know I haven't read it.

James Joyce is unironically my favorite author and the meme trilogy is actually very good

No one denies this and believes it.

You both legitimately deserve death, faggots. Joyce is a hack and anyone who likes the meme trilogy is a pretentious hipster.

I love music 10 times more than literature and I only read literature that has been writen in my native language except from a few exceptions
I think Nietzsche is 100% right about pretty much everything
Most people who are considered intellectuals are faggots with 0 talent who are trying to compensate their vapid existence with fancy mumbo jumbo (see: harold bloom) I would rather read the rambling of some schizo

>nod in approval
Kek

I don't think I've actually finished any classic pieces of literature besides Moby Dick and the Odyssey

>I love music 10 times more than literature
>I think Nietzsche is 100% right about pretty much everything
>Most people who are considered intellectuals are faggots

>"I am 14 the Post"

not an argument
good night

I read maybe 5 or four books a year because I mainly spend my time either being drunk or trying to fix the next problem being drunk has created.
If I could only stop drinking I think I could be happy.

An observation. This site is 18+. Good night.

Kek not the same guy but man I fucking don't listen to music anymore
I don't know what the fuck happened.
I used to love that Shit.
I would love to chalk it up to "I grew out of it"
Does that happen?
Can someone grow out of enjoying music?

I've never made it past Genesis in the bible.

>I think Nietzsche is 100% right about pretty much everything
>Most people who are considered intellectuals are faggots with 0 talent who are trying to compensate their vapid existence with fancy mumbo jumbo
But Nietzsche was an esotericist. What am I reading.

Maybe you didnt really love it

It's pretty normal that you have less time and place for music in adult life than you did before. Also your tastes can change in the background for better or worse - takes some time and effort finding what you like after taking a break from music.

Would you call most of academics works esoteric?

I'm afraid it's starting to happen to me too. I used to do all my work while listening to playlists, had hundreds of artists I liked. But now it's beginning to irritate me. It feels kind of sad, like losing a friend.

This and the previous banter reminded me of a neat snippet from Joyce's letters about the Sirens chapter of Ulysses:
>I wrote this chapter with the technical resources of music. It is a fuge with all the musical notations: piano, forte, rallentando, and so on. A quintet occurs in it, too, as in Die Miestersinger, my favorite Wagnerian opera ... Since exploring the resources and artifices of music and employing them in this chapter, I haven't cared for music any more. I, the great friend of music, can no longer listen to it. I see through all the tricks and can't enjoy it any more

Listen to something else and find new friends.

Sometimes I feel like that too, I've tried to talk about it but people dont get it
If I ever "get over" music 100% I think I would kill myself since it is a big part of my life and I'm not a genius like Joyce to create a masterpiece that would help me cope with the lost of this great friendship

spotted the /mu/sician

>if my tastes or priorities in life ever change I will kill myself
kys

/mu/ is fucking disgusting
I would rather discuss music here even tho it is filled with "anything other than classical isnt music" plebs

Well, I dont think I would actually kill myself but it would really suck because of all the time I've invested into it
Do you write?

I only write shitposts on Veeky Forums, but I'm pretty good at it. Does it count as genre fiction?

Only began reading to read to a cute 12-year-old girl that had horrible English.

Half a decade later, I don't read much at all. I write a good bit, but reading is such a slog and there are always distractions.
I'm 29 and have a newborn, and I'm listening to more music than ever. Reading takes much more time than music.

I dont think so

I despise literary fiction and everything it represents.

>man I fucking don't listen to music anymore
>I'm listening to more music than ever
Okay.

I'm not that person ya cunt.

So why reply to advice specifically tailored to other person? What do I care that you have a child or that you're pathetic enough to spend your time on Veeky Forums while being nearly 30?

I'm explaining how you're wrong, because you are.
A child takes up even more time. I'm also back in university so there's more time.

I've been on Veeky Forums since essentially it's inception, why would I leave now? Why are you such a dullard?

Another different user here interrupting this conversation to tell you you're acting like a faggot.

>explaining how you're wrong
>some things take more time than listening to music
>that means that listening to music doesn't take time
What are you an arts major or just not very smart?
>I've done the same retarded thing over and over for years, why would I stop now?
Great argument, fampai.

Listening to music doesn't take time, no.
>What are you an arts major or just not very smart?
Leave, STEMsperg.

Why is it 'retarded' to use a form of social media?

>Listening to music doesn't take time
Both discovering and listening to music takes time.

>Leave, STEMsperg.
>Not starting college as idealistic 18 year old. Still majoring in worthless shit.

>Why is it 'retarded' to deliberately spend time in company of socially inept teenagers and young adults online instead of seeking out more interesting circles and building connections with mature people in real life?

I was in university when I was 18, that doesn't mean I can't go again. I was more concerned with E7 at the time than studying anyway.
My wife is a teenager, I'm used to them. Plus, so-called 'interesting' and 'mature' people are absolute dullards.

>being this spooked

>so-called 'interesting' and 'mature' people are absolute dullards
Means you haven't actually met them. Anyways wasting time on a site dedicated to memery, edgelording and contrarianism with infinitesimally small amount of actual discussion happening is a pretty shit habit for everyone and extra pathetic for adults and doing virtually anything else is a better use of time.

This year, I plan to throw out at least one book every Sunday.

>Means you haven't actually met them.
You keep telling yourself that.
hurr durr y rnt u bin matur????????? Go smooch with your daki

>still defensive about his shit habits
>still can't into introspection
>still in autistic denial
>twenty nine
It's a shame you managed to procreate. I hope you die and your child gets raised by someone less severely mentally challenged

>waaah your bad because i dont like you ur stupid stop doing thing i dont like!!!!! u rnt introspecc cuz u rnt intexxual liek mi

>he can't stop with the denial and impotent autistic rage
Phew. I felt really bad about my last reply for a second. Thanks for taking it away. Toodle-oo.

haha le pepe xDDDD

You sure got me, Reddit. I'm crying over here. brb going to masturbate and cry and them punch myself haha

I'm an autist scrub when it comes to politics. And I don't know where to start.

Should I start with the greeks?

Calm down Cleetus