Is he right?

Is he right?

Why did you make this thread? Why did he write that tweet? Why does twitter exist? Why can anyone comment on anything now? Why can I read this? Why did you want me to read this? Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

kys OP

Don't worry once Trumps pick for the FCC gets installed he will introduced tiered internet service and it will cost money to tweet, tag, share, like and comment. That will significantly cut down on all the noise.

I'd have to say no.
But its a normal fag perspective so I can't be too critical.

holy... is this real life? damn... really made me think.

Depends. Is right another word for publicly announcing distaste for obviously great and renowned artists to signal some sort of bohemian superiority?

Yes.

Dostoyevsky isn't universally admired in the same way, say, Tolstoy or Flaubert is. He has too many flaws to be truly great.

>greatness is flawlessness
kys tbhq

Dostoevsky is Don Bluth, Tolstoy is Disney.

He's partially right but Dostoevsky is so great in his own right that it's downright fucking edgy in the worst possible way.

anyone else going to see him in boston?

What do you think some of his flaws are?

>tfw you will one day know a world where poor people aren't allowed to fuck up your internet anymore

All great Russian writers have been misogynistic self hating autists obsessed with religion and insane eschatological ideologies. Is russia Veeky Forums?

>Is he right?
I mean I guess. Its like saying a Ferrari is better than a Lambo

>norm
>bohemian superiority

the guy played colonel sanders, he's not trying to do what you think he's doing

Most internet autist culture is very russian

keep that tumblr tab closed when you post here, lass

>home from uni for christmas break
>brother buys a bunch of tolstoy books
>i call him a pleb and say Dostoevsky is the far better writer
>him and my pseud sister say Dostoevsky is a edgelord who's books are trash
>I just laugh smugly because i don't actually read any of them and only know Veeky Forums memes

were they right? I don't think they are because I don't think they actually read things either, but i know I'm smarter than them because i go to college.

>Dostoevsky is a edgelord who's books are trash
No. His characters are god tier and hes the pure opposite of an edgelord. Hes literally a moral fag

Pleb minds don't understand Dostoyevsky's characters.

Name a single one. What you and the faggot pictured in the OP always fail to do is substantiate your claim at all. I doubt you've read any of the authors you just name dropped. Honestly, who do fucks like this thing they are impressing on the internet?

this

Dostoevsky was the second most obnoxious christposter after Paul.

Norm MacDonald is not a poor person

Does Tolstoy win in both Philosophy and Style/Aesthetic?

I would presume the only questionable between them is Philosophy, between those two.

Then the question can be asked for, Characters? Story? Narrative/flow? Complexity/sophistication/depth? Idk what other subjects.

Tolstoy for me definitely wins as stylist and aesthetic, I can not say I have read a lot, but War and Peace was the most perfect solid, like best craftsmenship book I have ever read, like, it did not seem human, in terms of its thereness in story, coming from all angles, the weight and balance of every sentence, masterful, richness and theres nothing to question, his style reminded me bachian or like beethoven, in classicalist structure, the varyancies of speed, the onslaught of details and images and sensualities, narrated from such a high place

>> didnt even read the book hes talking about

>Tolstoy for me definitely wins as stylist and aesthetic, I can not say I have read a lot, but War and Peace was the most perfect solid, like best craftsmenship book I have ever read, like, it did not seem human, in terms of its thereness in story, coming from all angles, the weight and balance of every sentence, masterful, richness and theres nothing to question, his style reminded me bachian or like beethoven, in classicalist structure, the varyancies of speed, the onslaught of details and images and sensualities, narrated from such a high place

This begs the question, "Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

That's quite odd though since Anna Karenina is superior to War and Peace in pretty much every aspect.

I disagree, Tolstoy is a better prosaist, but Dostoevsky's character psychology is ahead of it's time.

Than all the better innit