What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

"The kids who say math is useless are right! Why would I ever need to use calculus?"
-A high school teacher

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9nsaNXNsg28
youtu.be/OB4znOVsfnA
youtu.be/3ujWVbjKBCo
youtu.be/Orf8NkcIDig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"2+2=5"
-Every class clown

""The kids who say math is useless are right! Why would I ever need to use calculus?"
-A high school teacher"
- OP

My dad posited that Africans, Whites, Asians, and Amerindians evolved separately instead of having a common ancestor (as in, no common ancestor at all) which our lab manager jokingly called the "out of amoeba theory."

Sadly, he's right. The anti-intellectual majority will never need calculus.

You really won't. I mean, I personally do because of what I do, but most people? No way. The hardest thing the average joe does is calculate percentages, and they even need a calculator for that lol

>Medschool/law/engineering is hard

"A loving and righteous God exists and, when you die, you'll go to Heaven because you suffered too much already despite having a pure soul".
That not only is false, but billions of people believe this bullshit, even some "scientists", and the worse part is growing up believing that there is a point to life, that your suffering is not in vain, that you will be rewarded with paradise for going through all the shit you go through, but then you realize God is just a fairy tale, and it feels like being told Santa doesn't exist, but about a quadrillion times more painful, because the existence of such righteous and loving God is the only beacon of hope you have for ever not suffering, and this beacon then fades, and now you know once you die nobody will mourn, care or even just know any of the hardships you went through, any of your hopes, your dreams, your feelings and thoughts. It is the realization that the nature of the Universe, or at least existence, is inherently evil.

>there are people on this site right now who will waste precious minutes of their lives reading this post

The Singer Katy Perry asked to Neil deGrasse Tyson The most retarded question ever.

Katy Perry asked: Is Math related to Science?
youtu.be/9nsaNXNsg28

Pew Die Pie Reaction
youtu.be/OB4znOVsfnA

Katy Perry &Neil deGrasse Tyson Full Video
youtu.be/3ujWVbjKBCo

even a lot of relatively smart people (say top 10%) will never strictly need calculus, except for being forced to take it in college.

For most majors that require you to take calculus, it's only theoretically useful for you to understand the foundations of whatever you're studying. You'll never directly use it yourself.

Engineers for example don't need to remember calculus in their day to day work lives, and they're definitely in the top 10% of the general population when it comes to intelligence.

>and they're definitely in the top 10% of the general population when it comes to intelligence.

>and they're definitely in the top 10% of the general population when it comes to intelligence
I was going to say "inb4 le ebin sci meme about le dumb engineers" but I was beat to it.

top 10% isn't a strong endorsement. Consider the fact that most people don't ever take calculus, and about half of the ones who do take it never pass it.

>meme

DELET THIS

top 10% iq starts at 120. Engineers are top 10%

10% of the world population is still a fuckton of people

>tfw math, physics, and economies are always at the top of these charts

yeah and what I'm saying is most of them don't even need to know calculus except for being forced to learn it in college

>thread about to die
>someone makes an intellectual jab at engineers
>thousands of emasculated scrawny white engineers flock to the thread

what about non-linear modelling, for example in large business/banking/marketing/production planning decision making?

>meryl streep has a higher iq than me

i'm sorry for this post but i have to express sincere doubt

lol actually it's my fault for reviving it, and all it took was implying that engineers are top 10%.

I don't know anything about that. I'd have to ask someone who does it for a living whether they actually need to remember calculus in their day to day lives, or if computers basically do everything for them.

>124 IQ brainlet

You are saying it like it's a bad post.
Sadly, it is true. There is no God, existence is meaningless, and the nature of the Universe is inherently evil. Prove me wrong if you can.

>Sadly, it is true.
Prove it.

engineering students study the most out of any major you dunce.

>i't a mathematician thinks he is better than an engineer episode

>Veeky Forums has succumbed to anti-intellectualism so much that they think engineers are stupid.
I cannot fathom how the "engineers are dumb" meme even came to be.

Petroleum Engineering is the most paid STEM field.

Petroleum Engineering BSc
$96700 starting $172000 mid career pay

Mathematics PhD
$85700 starting $101000 mid career pay

Are You Mad Meth Boi? Meth Boi can not even compete! Employers wanna a real STEM degree to satisfy them.

>Source: www.payscale.com

I basically said there is no God and that life is suffering. On God, you are the one to prove me that some beardy guy who created the Universe in six days actually exists, this is something called burden of proof look it up. On life and suffering, keep in mind that the majority of people on Earth live in abject poverty. Half of the people of Earth alone are Chinese and Indians, and then there is one billion Africans, one billion Southeast Asians and South Americans, 200 million Middle Easterners and Central Asians, and even among the 800 million first worlders, most are working class poorfags and then even among the 1% of Earth's most fortunate people - those who can afford metal masturbations such as this like you and me - often have problems like depression, >tfw no gf, and so on. Only extremely few people have truly happy and fulfilling lives, and that's probably only so everyone else has something to envy or desperately struggle for. This is just humanity, think about all the suffering that animals go through,for example. This is something very simple. Biology has suffering so we can fight for non suffering so we can survive. We are programmed to suffer. Now YOU have to prove me wrong. God doesn't exist, and life is suffering, thus the nature of the Universe or at least life is inherently evil.

>high school teacher
>needing calculus
They're right.

>"The kids who say math is useless are right! >Why would I ever need to use calculus?"
>-A high school teacher
Good try a banker spy

I'm admiting that an economic problem is one of greatest problems of mankind.

>is math related to science?

Katy Perry: Is math related to science?
youtu.be/Orf8NkcIDig
youtu.be/OB4znOVsfnA

I dunno about you, but realizing that was one of the most liberating moments of my life.

The universe is not evil, it's neutral. It doesn't give a fuck. Neither should you. Get out there and enjoy it.

You say that like it's an easy thing.

>engineers that work for oil companies are overpaid
wow what a shock

>Obama
>IQ 130
BULLSHIT
Ted Nugent said he was a chimpanzee

I don't know what the funniest between Darwin with 165 and Schwarzenegger with 135.
Pop sci will never cease to amaze me

>le Veeky Forums genius

>Ted Nugent said
LEAVE