All the math/engineering people I know are right-wingers

>all the math/engineering people I know are right-wingers
>all the english/polisci/squishy humanitiesfags I know are left-wingers
what does this mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

heterodoxacademy.org/problems/
howdovaccinescauseautism.com/
thesocietypages.org/socimages/2016/10/17/how-the-bureau-of-justice-statistics-launched-a-white-supremacist-meme/
cbsnews.com/news/tracy-sin-yee-tam-bronx-lebanon-hospital-center-shooting-victim-identified/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tech industry is super liberal.
Pharmaceutical industry is liberal too
Most STEM majors aren't conservative especially not social conservatives. Back to pol

That you have severe confirmation bias and use /pol/ buzzwords to shape your political beliefs

Well that's strange, all the mathematicians and scientists I know are liberals. Most of the computer scientists and engineers I know are liberal. One engineer took too many redpills and one computer scientists I know became this way too after smoking too much weed. I guess they are conservative? I'm not really sure. They support trump though, but that might just be because memes. The one who smokes too much weed just wants to watch news all day. Now I have to listen too them discuss how september 11 was an inside job and what not.

I don't understand

Because it's easier to hide bullshit in verbal terms.

In comparison, a bridge either works or it doesn't. No words of morality, social status seeking, or bs will effect a bridge. You actually have to think outside a narcissistic world and model things outside of yourself with clarity.

Because they're technical monkeys. They don't understand how fucking stupid and malleable other human beings are. They assume, with a tragic good faith, that liberals are speaking from a position of coherency and observation. A demand they put on themselves.

It means that your mom sucks my dick

CONT.

If they had to live in an area where blacks are a majority, they would be "redpilled" in a month.

They don't understand that people propagate bullshit when they have nothing to lose. If you looked at where most professors live, especially liberal ones, you'd find that they stay in areas where the majority of people are white.

They get to enjoy the benefits of white society while bashing it and painting every minority as a victim without agency. As you can see, it's no risk to them to bash white people and elevate every member of all other racial groupings.

If they had to live in Skid Row or southeast LA, they would change their minds very quick...

I should also mention quite a few engineers work in the entertainment industry. Also I think the marketing world and finance are at least socially liberal. Wall Street funds shit like BLM and natural.

What industry doesn't appear to be liberal?

Every big company no matter what will try to appear to be PC.

Even Northrup Grumman, a company that makes all kinds of machines that kill people, has some generic "we support diversity" videos on their Youtube channel

it's mainly retards with MBAs who are liberals.

this means you don't know any "math engineering people" nor any "english polisci squishy humantitiesfags"
also people who study humanities like religion or history probably understand politics better than scientists

Right wing science virtually can't exist, because right wingers don't believe in science
You can't be a scientist and support the republican party for example, while the president thinks vaccines cause autism and climate change is a chinese hoax, and the vice president thinks the world is 6000 years old.

heterodoxacademy.org/problems/

> president thinks vaccines cause autism

Prove to me the opposite then. If it's such an absurd position, scan through how vaccines are developed and show me a statistical plot of vaccine production and autism cases and prove why the data isn't correlated in any way.

>climate change is a chinese hoax

Because in the game of politics, china and india would get breaks for being "developing" countries. Climate change regulations would punish the anglosphere.

>he vice president thinks the world is 6000 years old.

He's a political scarecrow and prevents Trump from being assassinated. Because then the VP would be president...

>Right wing science virtually can't exist, because right wingers don't believe in science

Says the fucking idiot who thinks going "muh republicans" means anything to a generation that supports individual leaders, not parties.

>what does this mean?
Mostly dumb, useless people are leftists, so humanities bs is the only thing they can "understand"

>You believe vaccines cause autism
howdovaccinescauseautism.com/
>He's a political scarecrow and prevents Trump from being assassinated. Because then the VP would be president...
(what does this even mean)
>You think there isn't a correlation between scientific illiteracy and political ideology

ok op

Not sure what bizarro land you live in, but most actual scientists I know are pretty left-wing. The right-wingers tend to be the engineering-heavy people who are in it for money and don't bother learning anything beyond what they need to solve a textbook problem

>don't bother learning anything beyond what they need to solve a textbook problem
Which coincidentally is also why republicans pretend to be experts on economics after taking freshman-level econ

Petroleum Engineering is extremely conservative in West except when they suck Saudi Arab dick.

Hitler was an arts student. If anything, the humanities and liberal arts are split because what they are taught is very much toxic (hate people based on perceived privilege). STEM people just want funding plan and simple, be it through corporations or government. STEM people can be considered a "just leave me the fuck alone while I do my work. I don't care about your identity politics. REEEEEEE" type of person.

Petroleum Engineers, the most paid Engineers, don't believe in Global Warming

That doesn't make them conservative. That makes them opportunists. The further you delve into hard STEM fields the more you realize theism is a load of shit.

gee, I wonder why that could be

Bull. They believe full well in global warming, they just let money get ahead of the facts. THey make more than $200,000. They will lie through their teeth.

Yeah I actually think conservatives are more conscientious and good workers because they are more principled, while lefitsts tend to be more intellectual

>more principled
what the fuck does that even mean?

Oh wow, a sarcastic reply that's the online version of "I can't even!"

>(what does this even mean)

Imagine if in another universe, Julius Caeser won the election and selected Ghengis Khan as his VP.

Domestic enemies wouldn't touch Caeser because if he was out the way, they'd face someone much more antithetical to their goals (to say the least).

>>You think there isn't a correlation between scientific illiteracy and political ideology

Not really. Most people are average aka dumb. In this current era, right wing is attracting more intelligent people because the left has devolved into sick dogmas that offend the sensibilities of people who can actually think.

well no, what I don't understand is how someone can go from bernie sanders lover to full blown redpilled 9/11 was an inside job trump supporter. Is weed really enough to do that to you? They aren't even a US citizen either.

>, what I don't understand is how someone can go from bernie sanders lover to full blown redpilled 9/11 was an inside job trump supporter.

Imagine if ideology gave you useless (or worse, damaging) tools to understand reality and you realized the uselessness of what ideology gave you.

Left ideology is fucking useless and mistreats the people who follow it in good faith that their social circle vetted dogmas as fact.

Like, they have basic ideas that they see as 'good' or 'normal', and don't think too much into
Religiosity might be a manifestation of this

>You still believe vaccines cause autism
>You think trump chose a stupid vice president so that he wouldn't be assassinated, because people don't want a dumber president than him
See how stupid that sounds when you say it out loud?
(The amount of /pol/ in these mental gymnastics)
>right wing is attracting more intelligent people
Except that that's a statistical falsehood, see heterodoxacademy.org/problems/

>See how stupid that sounds when you say it out loud?

Okay you're a female high school student. I see. Your type resorts to social shaming. You think things sound platonically stupid when said out loud, because you're a narcissist slut who doesn't understand that not all intelligent people think the same,

I said it out loud and none of it sounded patently stupid. I don't "believe" vaccines cause autism but, on the otherhand, I have no idea about the manufacturing process, the different regimes of vaccination that have been developed over the past century, etc.

Notice, I'm able to leave things ambiguous because I recognize that I need more data before making definitive conclusions. Unlike women who need "ready made" weapons to spar with. So to speak.
>Except that that's a statistical falsehood, see heterodoxacademy.org/problems/

I'm talking about kids and teens right now.

you're dumb as a rock, why are you on this board

Wow, namecalling! I would never expect that from a woman.

:^)

It's almost as if you're a vapid slut who can't construct more gracious replies.

>stop calling me names
>you're a vapid slut
heh

Useless reply. I'd never expect that from a woman.

:^)

Instead of thinking about the difficulty of actually ascertaining the truth, or more stringent interpretation, of phenomena, you chimp out on moralism.

Tell Jamal I'll play b-ball with him on Sunday.

I've lived in fucking africa and i'm still not a retarded racist bc i grew up seeing the same shit in poor and white areas

you don't know how to use commas do you

racism and sexism tend to be pretty poorly correlated with education and IQ, so there's that.

American blacks do bad shit on a stupefying level.

There's no way to justify ~26,000 Black Male on White female rape. The opposite oscillates between 0 cases a year to 100 cases a year, at most.

Oh no, you're concerned about my grammar boo hoo.

Okay, show me the numbers. And tell me why racism and sexism are wrong. In your own words. And in words that don't just equivocate to "It's 2017 and I can't just even...".

tbf his comma usage is correct if he's saying what I think he's saying. it's just that it's also fucking stupid because ascertaining the truth of a phenomena would be like ascertaining the truth of a rock. It's still a really awkward way to phrase that on a syntactical level, though, and if I had to go with that sentence structure I'd prefer em dashes around "or more stringent interpretation" rather than the commas.

>Most people are average aka dumb
>Oh no, you're concerned about my grammar boo hoo
edgy cringe

>tell me why racism and sexism are wrong
trolling at this point
it's utterly unjust
if you don't care about justice or fairness then racism is fine

libertarians are the smartest, not right-wing conservatives or left-wing regressives

"I can't just even.." the post.

You're trolling me lol

you keep saying that about my posts and I don't even know what that's supposed to mean
racist discrimination is unjust on any basis because of the overlap of traits and cognitive abilities in different racial groups. your argument please, brainlet

>your argument please, brainlet

In practice

Whites ~ Asians > Hispanics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blacks.

Instead of developing strategies for african american pedagogy, that actually recognizes the high-time preference of blacks and structures education to deal with that flaw, people go "evil whitey". Which doesn't help blacks at all.

>racist discrimination is unjust

Not if you recognize that some groups of people express different behaviors, either negative or positive.

Are prostitutes "unjust" when they put "NO BLACKS" on their ads?

Only blacks are dumb enough to
1. Demand free sex
2. Rob a prostitute
3. Expect to be treated like other groups when they display far more negative behavior

>because of the overlap of traits and cognitive abilities in different racial groups

But the overlap isn't "total". Blacks rape 26,000 whites a year in the USA.

If I was a white woman and saw myself in a black majority neighborhood, would I be unjust for reacting with fear?

Of course you never have to pay for your virtue signaling.

I'm on my phone and don't really feel like it, but it's not that fucking hard to google it yourself. You shouldn't use

>muh source!!!!!

to slow down an argument. it's a reddit thing to do.

Anyway, racism and sexism are wrong because race...doesn't really exist, on a biological level, for one thing. The sexism bit depends on your definition of sexism, really; there are certain ways in which (most) men and (most) women are suited for different things. Outside of dealing with trauma victims who may be afraid of men and lifting really heavy stuff, though, there's little to no evidence that any common personality differences between men and women are caused by anything other than socialization.

>American blacks do bad shit on a stupefying level

Have you seen Africa

Trust me when I say that rubbernecking doesn't compare with anything you've seen living in Skid Row, buddy. Not that I actually believe you've lived anywhere besides bumfuck, mississippi.

>26000 black male on white female rape

I mean, one, please show this to your English teacher so that they can slap you.

Two, you're right! There's absolutely nothing that justifies rape of any kind. However, the idea that it oscillates between

>0 to 100 cases a year

is something that I assume you get from that one set of BoJ statistics, which are based on survey data. In this case, there were fewer than ten people surveyed for the relevant question. Philip Cohen breaks it down better than I could here: thesocietypages.org/socimages/2016/10/17/how-the-bureau-of-justice-statistics-launched-a-white-supremacist-meme/

>Not if you recognize that some groups of people express different behaviors, either negative or positive.
I did recognise that, it was you who didn't address the overlap in the gaussian distributions of virtually all racial traits. Racial discrimination is still unjust if you actually read what I said

>Whites ~ Asians > Hispanics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blacks
by what metric

>developing strategies for african american pedagogy, that actually recognizes the high-time preference of blacks and structures education to deal with that flaw
There are different education programs for children at different ability levels, blacks do tend to be in the lower ones, but there is no reason to put well performing black students onto these lower programs or keep poorly performing white students in the upper ones. That would be racist and plain unreasonable. The system you describe does exist, it just doesn't screen race, and it works better that way and is less unfair and unjust

>Trust me when I say that rubbernecking doesn't compare with anything you've seen living in Skid Row, buddy. Not that I actually believe you've lived anywhere besides bumfuck, mississippi.

I grew up as a homeless kid in Los Angeles. I'm half-ashkenazi. I've seen people feed me bullshit, from a position where they never had to face blowback, and I've seen how that bullshit fails when interacting with actual people.

>by what metric

Life experience. It doesn't help that blacks also express higher rates of mental illness. You haven't seen shit until you see someone shit in the middle of the street without anybody stopping her.

>tech industry
antecdote inbound but the bathrooms at my college in the ComSci department had a fuckton of Veeky Forums meme shit on it, #maga written on the stalls

also theres always articles about how tech CEOs want to get rid of the homeless in questionable methods or how they're inconvenienced by seeing them on their commute to work

CONT.

But it doesn't mean I discriminate against all blacks. I discriminate a group but I can work with individuals.

I've known some I would never say a bad word about. Those certain type of persons who radiate a nobility, no matter the circumstance that strikes them.

But with that said, I'm afraid of groups of blacks because they tend to do stupid and dangerous shit.

Part of intelligence is being able to discriminate between particular cases and "general" cases. So I discriminate because it kept me alive.

I don't think Veeky Forums-spergism and conservatism can be equated
college students gonna college

Okay, great, have you ever seen a group of people put a tire around someone's neck, fill it with gasoline, and light it?

No?

Great, you have literally no room to talk.

So what you're really saying is that no matter where they are, they do sadistic and psychopathic shit?

Poor and disadvantaged people literally everywhere do sadistic and psychopathic shit more than people who have something. This scales the poorer people get. History has made a lot of Africans super poor.

Dude, a black fucking doctor just shot up a hospital in NYC a day ago. How can someone with a Doctorates do that? The only explanation is that it's biological.
cbsnews.com/news/tracy-sin-yee-tam-bronx-lebanon-hospital-center-shooting-victim-identified/

>Poor and disadvantaged people literally everywhere do sadistic and psychopathic shit more than people who have something

But if you were actually homeless, you'd see a vindication of stereotypes.

There's a difference between blacks and everyone else in the frequency they do stupid criminal shit, in empathy, in time preference, etc.

Gangs of whites and gangs of asians and gangs of mexicans don't try to rape streetwalkers out in the open. Gangs of blacks do.

It's my experience. It seems incredibly stupid to not notice changes of behavior, and frequency as such, between "races". Clearly the stereotypical race spectrum was valid. Or else I'd be posting about what super people blacks are.

lol how many white dudes have shot up schools in the past year

also

>someone with a Doctorates

You're clearly not a native English speaker. Don't lie to me about growing up in LA.

>lol how many white dudes have shot up schools in the past year

How many blacks murder other blacks in comparison to cops on blacks?

>You're clearly not a native English speaker. Don't lie to me about growing up in LA.

That's not the same dude you fucking idiot.

>in time preference
>and frequency as such
>clearly the stereotypical race spectrum was valid

I'm gonna guess that your first language is actually German.

Yes poor white trash, not a fucking Doctor. Rich educated whites don't commit these horrific crimes yet rich, educated blacks still do.

>in comparison to cops on blacks

I mean, cops disproportionately kill black people in every circumstance including complete compliance, but okay.

>That's not the same dude

Totally makes sense why they brought up their supposed homelessness then.

I grew up homeless in Los Angeles. Half-Ashkenazi. I literally have a 130 IQ (thanks VA) but suffered from depression and ADD. Which isn't special when you grow up homeless...

you fucking idiot. This guy is not me.

Cops kill more whites than blacks. Jamal, sooner or later you have to accept your people are biologically prone to go animalistic.

>I mean, cops disproportionately kill black people in every circumstance including complete compliance, but okay.

It still pales in comparison to how many blacks kill other blacks each year. BLM is a white supremacist organization. Because blaming cops is counterproductive to solving the deep problems in black communities.

Just scrolling through a list of some of the deadliest shootings in America from recent history:

Adam Lanza's father paid 240k each year in alimony. With that income alone, he and his mother were far wealthier than most Americans. George Hennard was a merchant seaman, they make decent money. Eric Harris' father was an Air Force officer, Dylan Klebold's was a geophysicist.

Math is highly liberal, it's people who had to stop at engineering that you'll find to be more conservative.

In general, it's liberals who create new ideas/devices, and then conservatives who run/maintain them. See tech.

What a surprise, there are more whites than blacks in America.

>how many blacks kill other blacks

Shouldn't you be doing something about all those whites that kill other whites?

If you can identify what's wrong with any of the English errors I pointed out, I'll believe you.

CONT

Last year about 200-300 blacks were killed by cops nationwide.

In the city of Chicago, something like 500 blacks killed other blacks last year. Chicago alone. Not adding up all the metropolitan areas in this country.

Mass shootings are different from day to day crime. People avoid areas on the basis of day to day crime, not outliers of murders. Most murders aren't mass shootings.

"Shouldn't you be doing something about all those whites that kill other whites?"

No because population proportionality.

In a community of 3, a single murder would kill off a third of the population.

In a community of 1000, a single murder would create a 1 per thousand rate.

There are less blacks but in proportion to their population, they commit more crime than any other racial grouping.

>If you can identify what's wrong with any of the English errors I pointed out, I'll believe you.

I've never spelled out "Doctorate" on anything. I always will use PhD. for whatever that's worth.

>they still bump my thread

There's a much more obvious error in the example you're talking about, and it's actually hilarious to me that you're not pointing it out.

I'll bite. What's funny?

Capitalizing a noun like "doctorate" is German as fuck.

(You)

That's why I put it in quotations. Because I was quoting the other guy's spelling of "doctorate".

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

But I'd also never point out a news story like that. My racism and sexism is based on many incidents. But I try to apply intelligent discrimination to those things. Individuals aren't as bad as groups.

>clearly the stereotypical race spectrum was valid

What's wrong with this, then?

How old were you when you stopped caring about current events?
For me, it was after I got full time employed.
Now with what little free time I have, the world could be ending, but I'd much rather spend my time studying or watching Japanese cartoons.

People seem to work themselves into a frenzy over the smallest things that do not affect them in any way. Just go on /r9k/ and look at them sperg out over how other people are raising their children, or go on facebook and look at how people will share articles about how some politician did something. People nowadays seem to be looking for something to complain about at all times. [spoiler]Ironic post[/spoiler]