Is "everything is just a spook" the best mentality to have in life?

Is "everything is just a spook" the best mentality to have in life?

Are values a spook?

>group of people come together to create a covenant to form a society
>"alright but we're only going to let trustworthy people in because if you can't trust their oath to the covenant then you can't trust them to act well within society"
>le edgy egoist comes along and everyone sees that's he's a hypocrite who will do whatever it takes to achieve his self-interest
>gets exiled from the covenant

Damn, that really worked out for you

but the egoist sees that you'll throw him out and adjusts his behavior to conform to the social covenant

egoist win every time :^)

dw, we'll keep the helicopters fueled up just in case you slip up

but how can someone who only follows their own self-interest be a hypocrite?

God bless HSM to be honest family

That for them to enact their self-interest, they would have to lie and deceive everyone to achieve that. They would have to lie in their oath to the social covenant to get in which makes them a hypocrite in the eyes of the community.

only if you can afford enough drugs to put out the pain

>le edgy egoist comes along and everyone sees that's he's a hypocrite who will do whatever it takes to achieve his self-interest
>gets exiled from the covenant

Actually he just got elected President

but isn't the whole point of the covenant to advance the self-interest of everyone? Why would the egoist break the covenant if he benefits by it? Is the covenant simply a pretty lie designed to facilitate control over a populace?

>tfw you got a Stirnerite genius n-dimensional chess playing ego god into the white house

>/r/not_an_argument

>ITT retards who haven't actually read stirner

Knowledge is a property of the mind, all knowledge is already my property so I have no need to read Stirner

From a utilitarian perspective you could say that the covenant is in the self-interest of everyone long-term but that doesn't cease to tempt the egoist in the short-term to attempt to slyly break the terms of the covenant to achieve his own minor self-interest while demanding that everyone else in the covenant still abide by the rules. This is the hypocrisy. That the Stirnerite wants the long term benefits of the covenant while attempting to reap the short term benefits of skirting the covenant while holding everyone else to a standard he is not willing to meet. These are the people who shall be expelled from society.

Otherwise, in this specific example, the terms of the covenant observe that aggression towards people is inherently wrong and that all aggressors shall be exiled from the society

was i supposed to put forth an argument against a strawman?

>self-interest

Excellent spook, comrades!

How is it a strawman? How can the covanent be protected when the very people you seek to expel rise to its most powerful positions?

The fact is that spooks are spooks.

Is pain a spook?

It serves its purpose well.

Not necessarily, user. By spook, Stirner meant any societal system, ideology, sets of values, any thing or idea that one might be compelled to hold higher than him or herself, to buckle for. The identification of a spook is merely a tool, one that enables the individual to understand what it is that might be holding him or her back, then to overcome it. Saying that 'spooks are a spook' is suggesting that there would be a reason you'd acquiesce to them, which is quite the opposite of Stirner's philosophy of egoism.

I'm tired of all the racism on this board. You can move beyond it if you try to understand from an outside perspective on why this bigoted ideology has no bearing or consequence on the objective world which we all share.

racism is a spook

I'll try. Tell me why this bigoted ideology has no bearing or consequence on the objective world which we all share.

See, you keep using this bigoted vocabulary. This shows me you're narrow minded, and you're unable to see objectively the state of the world under your nose. You know, this subjectivism of yours is thoroughly discredited by anyone of intelljent Authority. Go read a textbook sometime on epistemology.

>intellijent
Does that go good with peanute buttertion?

>mentality
Nice spook kiddo