Tollerance

So... there is such a thing as tollerance to things, like drugs, like, to anything as it turns out.
But why, /strictly evolutionarily speaking--
Why the fuck, is there sexual tollernce?
Like.. why does a guy last for.. minutes before he comes into the girl. Where is the use in that?
Is it a flaw?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downregulation_and_upregulation
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habituation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My first time was without a condom and I popped in about 15 pumps. I can now pretty much go as long as I feel like without cumming cause my fiancée is a nympho. Built up a tolerance and now sex is boring. Don't know why scientifically but it's not that fun anymore and I don't like it.

>Like.. why does a guy last for.. minutes before he comes into the girl. Where is the use in that?
evolutionary advantage. Having sex for prolonged periods of time is not really advantageous to staying alive/propagating one's self, especially when predators were around. If anything it's an advantage

A longer period of time allows for more pleasure for the female, which in turn may cause them to prefer you as a partner over those that are done more quickly. Therefore, more kids over a lifetime.

>for more pleasure for the female
They had to release fast because they didn't knew if the female was going to accuse them of rape and the laws were harsher back then so the feminist warlords were torturing rapists till they die

>A longer period of time allows for more pleasure for the female, which in turn may cause them to prefer you as a partner over those that are done more quickly. Therefore, more kids over a lifetime.
I don't think the amount of pleasure a woman receives during sex has ANYTHING to do with how many children she will produce. And it certainly wouldnt have evolved alongside huge gestation periods and mostly single-progeny birthrates since those 2 are counterintuitive. It's better for humans to have fewer, more survivable children than millions with shit poor survival rate.

higher sexual pleasure for the female is causally linked to higher successful conception rates

At orgasm in the woman, the cervix pumps which has been suggested to facilitate passage of sperm.

lasting longer juices the balls up more so it's more jizz in her pussy

Why would the difference in quantity specifically over these minutes be so much more than marginal?

Fuck off, degenerate.

pleasure is motivation

More time to scrape the previous guy's semen out

Why does it matter that it takes a few minutes? Do you think that 2 adult humans would not have had safety for long periods relatively frequently in the somewhat recent evolutionary history? Look at chimps, the have long periods of safety in a day - they aren't constantly running from predators. The behavior poses a trivial risk to their sexual viability.

Furthermore, it is likely that it enhances the amount of pair bond formation in the brain. There is a reward for going longer to release more neurotransmitters. Social rewards may have long lasting benefit.

We have a low risk, moderate reward thing going on.

Tolerance is just an emergent phenomenon from many different regulatory systems in your body.
There are not many things you won't form a sort of tolerance to, behavioral or otherwise.

One example is phosphorylation, but it is just another form of what is essentially deregulation and upregulation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downregulation_and_upregulation

>Downregulation of receptors happens when receptors have been chronically exposed to an excessive amount of neurotransmitters, whether endogenous or drugs. This results in ligand-induced desensitization or internalization of that receptor.

>There are not many things you won't form a sort of tolerance to

Have any examples? That seems cool.

Suggested reading for you: sex at dawn

Not prepared with examples but you can form the opposite of a tolerance, to drugs, called reverse tolerance or drug sensitization, where the drug has an increasing reaction with repeated use.

There's also the case of becoming allergic to things you weren't allergic to before.

Here is another example of tolerance but not to drugs, to a stimuli.

An example of habituation that is an essential element of everyone's life is the changing response to food as it is repeatedly experienced during a meal. When people eat the same food during a meal, they begin to respond less to the food as they become habituated to the motivating properties of the food and decrease their consumption. Eating less during a meal is usually interpreted as reaching satiety or "getting full", but experiments suggest that habituation also plays an important role. Many experiments with animals and humans have shown that providing variety in a meal increases the amount that is consumed in a meal, most likely because habituation is stimulus specific and because variety may introduce dishabituation effects.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habituation

Sexual selection has its quirks

Many mammals do ejaculate very rapidly. For humans it's theorized that multiple males mate with a single female. The shape of the human penis is also good at pumping existing semen back out, and the longer you pump the more competitor semen you can remove.

If you. Consider this moderate reward, what on earth could be possibly high reward in your eyes.

Well females chose their sexual partner trough intrasexual competition so males lasting longer might cause more females to be attracted to the male as they would derive pleasure from chosing them as a sexual partner. In tribal days word probably spread that The Chad was a divine cockmongler that brought forth magical pleasure.

> reverse tolerance or drug sensitization, where the drug has an increasing reaction with repeated use.

What are you telling me there are people that take a line of cocaine and feel an increase everytime?

Is this a convenient handicap or can you try to make it apply to yourself,
Or-
Does this not ever actually work with the serious hard drugs that already are recreationally taken ?

Do you have any historical data stating the average length of time for a women to come to climax? Is it not possible that modern women face sociological pressures/stressors that may increase the time it takes to climax?

This is a multi denominational problem with a poor data set for analysis.

But as long as i get mine IDGAF.

It can occur with liver failure, obviously.

I think there are some drugs you can make yourself sensitized to with some methods but I didn't try to find information on it. I usually just Google this shit and read .edu or .gov articles along with wikipedia.