Fencing

What are some good books on or about fencing?

Other urls found in this thread:

jan.ucc.nau.edu/wew/fencing/masters.html
northernrenaissance.org/the-number-of-motion-camillo-agrippas-geometrical-fencing-and-the-enumeration-of-the-body/
fioredeiliberi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20486
lulu.com/us/en/shop/camillo-agrippa-and-w-jherek-swanger/a-treatise-on-the-science-of-arms-with-a-philosophical-dialogue-by-camillo-agrippa-an-annotated-translation-paperback/paperback/product-22669772.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tom Sawyer

i don't get it.

Are there no books?

I think I do. I used to fence and hoooooly fuck the cringey peeps ya meet.

Really? I had no idea.
I thought fencing would be right up Veeky Forums's alley, isn't it considered fairly highbrow?

Hamlet

bump

The teacher od fencing by Perez Reverte

Thanks!

It is pretty rich people stuff. but it also attracts alot of people who read a song of ice and fire and want to swordfight.

>source. read fantasy, went to beginner fencing meet

I guess that makes sense, i'm really interested in trying it out.
I want to get really good at a sport.

last bump i guess

>is a fencer
>gets excited to see more fencing posts
>thinks i may have drunkenly posted it
>Veeky Forums hates fencing because it panders to richfags
>is poorfag winning tournaments

fencing is a sport autists only exist in the beginning like soccer or highschool football.

what type do you play?
is it fun?

Read Strength Training for Fencers.

This. It's high-brow but there's plenty of people who show up thinking it's Star Wars or Pirates of the Carribean. They usually lack the discipline to get skilled, though.

I love fencing

[insert joke &/or cheekily irrelevant book about walls &/or keeping animals&/or non-human animals in &/or out of certain spaces]

...Why has no one posted pic related as a meme yet.

The author is black
and blacks use spears

thanks for the rec, i'll look into it.
I want to get semi-serious, and i'll need all the help i can get.
Are there any ways to improve reaction time? Like that browser game where you want have to press the mouse button when it hits red or whatever, but i don't imagine that has any carry-over.

jan.ucc.nau.edu/wew/fencing/masters.html

northernrenaissance.org/the-number-of-motion-camillo-agrippas-geometrical-fencing-and-the-enumeration-of-the-body/

fioredeiliberi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20486

lulu.com/us/en/shop/camillo-agrippa-and-w-jherek-swanger/a-treatise-on-the-science-of-arms-with-a-philosophical-dialogue-by-camillo-agrippa-an-annotated-translation-paperback/paperback/product-22669772.html

Appreciate it

Based

epee, i love it

It seems to be the most popular. W
e only have Epee where i'm from I think, so I guess i'm going for that.