Do you ever pretend you are a well-known writer and public intellectual...

Do you ever pretend you are a well-known writer and public intellectual, and imagine yourself on late night talk shows and Sunday-morning round table discussions? I do, sometimes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EvxS_bJ0yOU?t=3m50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw making a video of yourself talking and editing in questions and reactions from Charlie Rose

ya :>

Yeah exactly this. Charlie Rose is pretty much the only show that would have my ideal version of myself on. Too patrician for late night talk shows and Sunday morning bullshit

Do you guys ever listen to music and pretend you're performing in front of your high school, because seven years on you still care what they think about you?

youtu.be/EvxS_bJ0yOU?t=3m50s

>Do you guys ever listen to music and pretend you're performing in front of your high school, because seven years on you still care what they think about you?
is there a book for this feel?

The Commitments by Roddy Doyle

God, all the time. Sometimes an interviewer will ask a particularly good question to a guest I don't care about, and I'll turn off the radio and respond to it myself.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who is this pathetic.

When I cant sleep I imagine myself teaching or lecturing people on medicine, because thats my professional field. I think i just really like teaching.

Im not serious enough about writing that I fantasize about that though

good thread. Made me feel.

>My Effortless Brilliance

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

>not having multiple realities like this in your head at all times alternating between whichever fits your mood for the day

literally all the time.

"The proof of good parenting: that the child has no desire to be famous" -F. Scott Fitzgerald

That's fucking bullshit. Everyone wants to be famous in some capacity. It's an inherent reaction to realizing we're all going to die.

i'm content with not being known by anyone and having a pussy to fuck

lmao ur parents suck

but user, i don't have to pretend

I imagine myself being interviewed and then going full frank zappa and answering every question brutally honest in simple concise wording without a single pause for thought. Making every question thrown at me seem kind of stupid.

Then i realize im not that smart or cool and i would go full DFW

Are writers and intellectuals still invited to late night talk shows ?

Colbert will have one on occasionally, but that's about the extent of it. These days the best you can hope for is to get on Terry Gross. The upside is that'll still get you laid if you know the right bars.

All the time. Also imagine myself married to girls I had crushes on back then and haven't see since.

I sometimes dream about people coming to me for advice or guidance, yet no one does except very occasionally.

I'm not bragging anonymously, but I often turn out to be right in whatever thoughts I have. In the end.

I sometimes daydream about a highschool reunion where I meet all my friends again and they have careers and families but I also have a successful career too and later into the night they find out I'm a bestselling author and they're like 'woah that's so cool' and that one qt who always believed in me is like 'I always knew you'd do great things in life user'.