What have you read so far? Stop slacking off will you?

What have you read so far? Stop slacking off will you?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/list/show/952.1001_Books_You_Must_Read_Before_You_Die
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Working on my western erudition through the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die list (1306 actually).

goodreads.com/list/show/952.1001_Books_You_Must_Read_Before_You_Die

This thing looks cool, what website do you use?

goodreads

>This thing looks cool, what website do you use?

Goodreads

I hope you ignore the titles that are only there because of fame and not quality.

Such as?

Where on the site do you get that? I can only find it for last year.

Just change the date in the link to 2017.

Of course.

I did start a couple of these in December.

>goodreads still doesn't support rereading so I either lose the original read date or the books won't show up in my list

this triggers my autism

I've read Othello, east of Eden, pan, ficciones and the death of Ivan ilych (and 5 other Tolstoy short stories)

everything by wom*n

Pretty nice list. Would skip most of the books written by women and some of /r/ type books like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy though.

Currently read 7 out of those 100 books, feelsbadman

what's wrong with you?

>A Study in Scarlet
>You're going to mark each SH as a different book instead of doing "The Complete Sherlock Holmes" aren't you, faggot? [I did, too, last year]

Well they are different books technically but yes I want to inflate my list.

>Sátántangó

Good choice, Krasznahorkai is a god, how did you like it?

>Get first volume of Bioy-Casares' complete works
>Actually wait for a couple of months between each work so people on goodreads don't realize I'm doing this

You'll never catch me, faggots

Pretty shit quality this year boyo, much more impressive last year.

Gonna do a lot of Zola this year, but part of me just wants to do Germinal and La Debacle

Mirin

It's hard to explain this because I'm not a english speaker, but the way he builds ambiance through his prose, like, his absolute control over this tiny world he's building. I used to have constant attacks of claustrophobia as a child, and this is how he made me felt.

Definitely one of my favourites, between him, Bolaño and Kawabata, I feel like I'm not losing time with literature (something I've felt through most of last year, my picks were p. bad, I feel almost guilty desu)

Thanks m8.
Is Stendhal good? I know nothing of 19th century literature besides the brazilian stuff I had to read in school and symbolism / romantism

I've finished 5 this year. One was The Count of Monte Cristo, which I started in 2016, and another was only 100 pages.

kek. I've had The Complete Kafka on my currently-reading for a year+ now. I'll read 3-4 stories whenever I remember it.

I thought Red and the Black was an excellent, very tight novel that does not suffer from the excesses of tangents and emotional drivel of other 19th century novels DICKENS AND HUGO. I have heard The Charterhouse of Parma is not.

Definitely check out Melancholy of Resistance then if you haven't yet, it's a lot like what you described but even more so than Sátántangó.

Master of Go is one of my favorite books, but I cant think of anyone i could recommend it too.

I recommended it to my gf's dad since he's a turbo math autist who's into eastern spirituality and that sort of shit to sort of spice his catholic life.

Is he dare I say /ourguy/?

Step one.
Throw that list on the trash.
Step two.
Acquire Bloom's the Western Canon.
Step three.
Call Bloom a faggot on the internet for having renounced the list later on fuck him it's great.

Nigga's retired and spends his days reading something like 3 novels a week, plus some philosophy, mathematics and religious stuff every now and then, you tell me.

I've read Notes From Underground, Bleeding Edge, A Clockwork Orange, and We Are Pirates so far this year. Pretty pleb but I've improved a lot in the few months I've been on Veeky Forums

Read Metaphysics, Book of the New Sun, Diary of st Faustina and Selected Thoughts of Edith Stein.
Currently halfway through History of Democracy in America and Culture Industry, 1/5 in Selected Schopenhauer and The Bible.

I will probably only finish one more this month

(((you)))

I've finished reading "Through the Maelstrom: A Red Army man's experiences on the Eastern Front 1942-45."

Just started reading Vietnam War Stories and currently reading Robin Hood.

up in queue is Slavs in European History and Civilization by Francis Dvornik.

Only book I've ever read in my life was the Da Vinci Code.

Someone recommend a book to me (a person that can barely read).

Not very subtle desu.

what did you think of head full of ghosts, I can't decide if I liked it or not especially the parts with the blogger.

The Shining,
A Head Full of Ghost,
Notes From The Underground.

I'm here for recommendations, bro. Veeky Forums seems like a good place to ask.

If the book has words with more than 4 syllables, or words that I gotta look up in a dictionary, then I ain't interested.

Excellent. How do you manage to read so much?

To be fair, many of those are art books. The rest I read during gaps in my schedule throughout the day.

I haven't read a single thing. I am unrepentant.

On the other hand, I've done quite a bit of writing.

Stephen king

Nausea - Sartre
Macario - B. Traven
Belief or Nonbelief - Eco
A guide to a medical residency test, takes most of my time.

I think it more depends on what they're looking for. If they think that someone doing a sci if parody in the style of P.G. Wodehouse sounds interesting Hitchikers is worth a look as a light read. I think the reddit element comes from this bizarre cult that's sprung up around it lauding some light comic writing as if it has great philisophical import.