My book haul, any other recommendations?

My book haul, any other recommendations?

Start with the Greeks

Thanks.

You should check out this cool cookbook I got from my mom recently. It's something about regional southwest cuisine by season. Just Google that, okay buddy

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Chuck American Gods or use it as a paperweight. Had to read through it a freshman undergrad. It was insufferable to say the least.

Ugh, that's what I'm afraid of. Why did you hate it? (without spoiling it, please).

It's been a while so I probably couldn't spoil it for you if I tried. All I really have left is just the general sense of how I reacted to reading it back then. It just seemed rather childish. It wasn't dreadful like reading a YA novel don't get me wrong. I haven't read any other Gaiman so I have nothing else from him to compare this to. It just seemed like it was definitely meant for an audience alien to the sorts of people we get on lit. I'm not sure if that's what most of his works are like, but he does come up as what appears to be baby's first author.

The Big Sleep is pretty comfy

Rate my 6$ haul

rated

7/10.

Actually, 8, because it was $6.

Yeah I live in a Middle East shit-hole so I was surprised to find so many English classics for such a cheap price. I'll be coming here from now on for reading material if I'm not not specifically looking for something. The place was a bit of a mess

First mistake is living in a Middle Eastern shit hole. 0/10

9/11

It's okay, I don't really leave my room that much

Harry Potter

Which country?

roachland

Google tells me that is Turkey? Certainly not the worst place for an intelligent person. Secular person I'm guessing?

Things are getting worse here for people that aren't Muslims or government supporters but I hardly care anyway. I'm ethnically a Circassian and plan on moving out in a couple years. Like all Middle Easterners Turks only respond to authoritarian figures and mistake nationalism for worshiping state. Certainly not the worst place to be in the ME though

Unironically start with the Russians

Circassia when?

Make the Middle East Great Again!

Check out my new haul

I see you there Bachman. Please reorganize that shelf user, your other authors are leaking into it.

Not sure how to take this image.

do you have any books by Stephen King?

I'm not your guy, friend.

>tfw Stephen King has written more books than you could ever dream of writing

My other book haul

peeking that lorca

Most of the Spanish lit is my mother's.