So, physicists and mathematicians...

So, physicists and mathematicians, how does it feel knowing you will never be as well respected and perceived as valuable as those of us who decided to do legal studies?

We run the country you live in, yet you all behave as though Veeky Forums is the greatest thing in the world. It makes me laugh.

are you here to stroke your ego or what?

I am just here to help you realize how it takes infinitely more brainpower and nuance to become a competent lawyer than it does to become competent in any STEM field.

>not being patent attorney master race

How does it feel to have your entire profession replaced by AI in a couple of years? How does it feel to not even have a basic understanding of human progress? Enjoy your useless knowledge and rhetoric lawyerfag.

Lol facts are not well known. Just because people will value you more doesn't make you more valuable. And you will obviously never understand that. It's a good thing I don't wanna kill myself, because if I did, I'd jump from your ego to your IQ.

>2017
>Not being an intellectual property attorney.

Why not just end it all?

Only a Veeky Forumsfag would use an insult this old and uninteresting. You do realize that Lawyers have higher IQ's than most physicists and mathematicians, do you not?

Have fun knowing you will never be good enough to get accepted into Harvard.

Tbqh if you have to make a whole thread to boast about your life decisions then odds are you are very insecure about them.

How does it feel knowing that the progression of mathematics is slowly dwindling to a halt and your children's children will need to hire people like me so that the bank doesn't foreclose on their home?

Legal Studies is such a god tier major that it allowed even a nigger to become president. How many math majors or physics majors have been in positions to shape the world around them?

I'll wait.

And the "brainpower and nuance" is demonstrated because people respect you more? I was told the LSAT was easy, I didn't know it was so easy someone like you could squeeze through it. Go try and convince people you're not a brainlet in another board, maybe /pol/ or Veeky Forums will care.

Because it is infinitely harder to remember the vast complexities of the law and all the legal rhetoric that comes with it than it is to memorize a bunch of numbers and formulas.

Even a fucking ape could become a mathematician.

Lawyers are seen as soulless and money-grubbing whereas doctors (before you say medicine isn't science, there is a medical Nobel Prize) are seen as compassionate and are valued extremely by everyone.

>Harvard
>2017
>implying prestige

Easy there bucko

t. Never went past college algebra

>outdated reddit humor
you must be at least 18 to use this board.

>me at a party with my lawyer friend
>so what do you do user
>I'm a physics grad student; I research quantum optics
>oh you must be really smart .... oh you're so modest aren't you
>and what about you
>i'm a corporate lawyer; I manage corporate acquisitions and mergers
>ok ...

Not even making this shit up. Sorry but everybody knows that it takes more brains to be in STEM.

And how much money does that make you, user? What's your salary?

> by everyone
Except for those who work as doctors or nurses. Some doctors are so attracted to fame and money that is unbelievable.

>I'll wait.
Why?

You seem to be under the delusion that everyone else is a copy of yourself. You have the motivation to get power, so you just assume that everyone else must be motivated to have power. And not only power in general, but the specific kind of power you crave: political power.

Why would a scientist really care about political power? It is like me asking you how many lawyers have gotten a fields medal?

Huh? How many lawyers have gotten a fields medal?

I'll wait.

In my countries lawyers are mistrusted and seen as greedy vultures who prey and profit from the misfortune of others.

People definitely don't go into the profession to garner respect. It's well known that being a lawyer is a good way to make a lot of enemies very quicky.

Optics pays very well. I could get six figures starting as an industry researcher. But I have even more grandiose plans. I'm biding my time and gathering experience so that I can start my own company.

Oh and btw, my daddy is rich.

> math is nothing more than basic arithmetic hurr durr im so smart
OP, do you even know what topology is? set theory? complex analysis? anything more advanced than precalc (which im guessing you barely passed with a C)?

(You)

>I-I get good money, I promise!
>Thinks 6 figures is a respectable amount to make.

KEK. What sort of business are you going to open up, champ?

What is it about Veeky Forums that makes us so prone to bait?

I took up Law because I can't Math. Or Science.

its fun to watch the salt being tossed around

It's actually more like "I took up STEM because I never could have been a Lawyer."

It's okay user, your'e not alone, lots of people struggles with precalculus.

Kill yourself, egghead.

Looks like he struck a nerve.

Who the fuck becomes a lawyer for the respect? I've yet to hear anyone say good things about lawyers... The only argument in favor of law is the money, and only if you work for private corporations.

Lawyers are necessary to democracy. You'll be practically begging me to defend you if some scumbag company decides not to pay you as much as they promised you in your contract.

>the /pol/ invasion begins
go back to l*ddit.

democracy has absolutely nothing to do with how businesses are run. how much did you pay for your "degree" again?

Retards like him wouldn't be able to realize you can substitute most of classic lingebra by tensors after lingebra I. They probably wouldn't be able to after it was shown to them anyway.

More nonsensical egghead talk that will never allow you to be as powerful as a lawyer.

i can only see this thread as ironic

I don't strive for social status, which you mistake for power. I'm perfectly fine being "outcast" as knowledge brings me happines and peace of mind. You will never know that euphoric feeling of comprehension, you were just not cut for this. And don't take it in a wrong way, only the top few percentiles of population is capable of meaningful work in hep-th or pure math. You don't have to feel bad for not being among us. Now go slave for your boss so he can get all the fruits of your work, my sweet child of summer.

What do you need to be a certified lawyer anyway?

I have to make a choice to go into law or a STEM field (aerospace related). Law for me (and I think others) is alluring because you defend people against something they barely understand or don't know how to defend themselves from it. Follow what JFK said "And if a beachhead of cooperation may push back the jungle of suspicion, let both sides join in creating a new endeavor, not a new balance of power, but a new world of law, where the strong are just and the weak secure and the peace preserved." It's one of the reasons why I am thinking about becoming a lawyer. STEM on the other hand is beautiful. Understanding the laws of the universe whether it is on a macroscopic or literally microscopic scale, and using those laws to create these beautiful things such as computers, quantum computers, space exploration technologies and the like. The entire beauty surrounding any STEM related field is that they all have a common language, math. You may be getting a hard on saying that people who take legal studies "run the country," but you are so far from the truth. Business runs the country and the entire world. Any decision made and that has been made was with money in mind. If the USD went from its current value to 0, shit will hit the fan. A prime example would be the great depression, and your legal studies friends, they will not have anything but a building to jump off from. That's the harsh reality of it. I have a ton of respect for anyone in a STEM related career because they don't care about the fame or the money. They understand that what they are doing is part of something greater than themselves. They do it just so they can continue to develop something so beautiful and complex. They might be forgotten and not even recognized with fame but their efforts are building something that will surpass countries and fame itself.

The lawyer is becoming more and more saturated because of posts like yours OP.

Being smug on both your "intellect" and money, will doom your career and all the JDs will become like an average social worker, thus, making the existence of Law major in the states.

Literal jews.
You all have ZERO morals, legal studies is even under gender studies.

Merkel has a degree in physics

Probable troll but everyone really, truly hates lawyers and you probably know it.

To further feed the possible troll: scientists actually build, discover and prove things, while lawyers clean up messes using words and do not have the respect of society. Making a pile of money does not in and of itself confer respect either.

People need lawyers, like they need sewage technicians (perhaps a species of civil engineer, on our low end) - a grudging need, which keeps society going. But we don't like you, and we want nothing to with you, and we above all don't respect your work. The ideal world would not require your work at all.

Add to this that the concept of the rule of law itself is a false jewish sham, and the absurdity of your profession is complete.

>thinks most lawyers are millionaires

every lawyer I know is poor, they live in middle class suburbs and have 2-4 cars. Maybe they rent a timeshare or go on vacation. I literally sit around collecting rent and make more in a month than they do all year.

Maybe if you need a job after law school I can get you one suckin my nuts.

26 year old lawyer here

thinking about doing a BA in math part time for fun

i was never any good at math at school, not spastic tier but pretty average – reckon I can make it? can a non-mathematically inclined brain succeed?

undergrad math is just doing the work, if you can get through any degree, and are willing to work, you can get through a ba in math.

It's not magic for anyone. Everyone puts in work to git gud. Some people can just go "farther".

Lawyer is most overrated
Job. There are 1000 law schools in America but few where you can become a physicist or mathematician. Also the people who run our world are in the Silicon Valley. The politicians are our toys

How do I into landlording user I'm tired of being a wagecuck

YOU are the one who sounds insecure here.

inherit buildings, or cash.

Find properties that aren't owned by poor people and purchase them. Rent them out.

I say avoid poor/lower income property because tenants will constantly fuck up the property and lots of evictions / collections will be required.

Or get a job that pays six figures, live like a monk and start buying property when you have the cash for it. Gotta make sure you don't fuckup and buy in shit areas, don't sell when the housing market crashes again in a few years. Hell, start saving so you can buy when it does.

This, OP is probably buttblasted that everyone and their mother has a degree in Law and now he can't get a job. Meanwhile, if you're math major and did a PDE and numerical analysis course you're golden.

also setup some form of limited liability corporation, or just go full s-corp if you want, in my state transitioning from llc to s-corp is easy but in others it may require more work/money. It's even better if you setup an llc for each property and then setup an unconnected corp that does "maintenance" contracts for your properties. You separate your labor from your capital and also don't have to worry about liability from one property to the next.

Sour grapes, holy shit.

You guys just cant handle the fact that lawyers make a killing without science and practise one of the moat respected ares.

Not to mention theyre a stable in TV

SOUR
GRAPES

How much do you make a month, faggot?

Your profession is literally just elevated liberal arts.

It's immoral to help a poor family when a bank is trying to foreclose on their home? It's immoral to defend a completely innocent man from going to prison? It's immoral to fight for an underpaid employee and negotiate a better salary for him? I am doing the good work in the world.

Meanwhile you scientists and physicists are constantly creating tools of mass destruction and weapons of war.

And we are the only ones who write the laws that stop niggers from invading your homes and raping your children. Respect us, you cuck nu-male.

Youre just being jealous thanks to the cash Im making

last year my lowest month was 244, my highest was 262. Looking at doubling the number of properties I own this year.

Niggers are stopped by security cameras predictive policing and other shit STEM people come up with. Your laws don't do shit.

Law is for people who aren't smart but want to look smart.

You guys act just like psychologists and journalists. You got a hard ego cuz your iq is SAWWWFT

I did mock trial in high school. I only did lawyer one year and just acted the way I've seed lawyers act and the top judge in my town said I had as good of courtroom finesse as any lawyer he'd seen. And it was probably because I didn't overact my professionalism when I was presenting.

Most lawyers be like Your honor, I OBJECT! Like they just solved p=np or something. It's all about the show but even so, those who know still have the best show

Honestly you're nearly as low as journalists in my opinion. Just fuckin parrots. I might end up being a lawyer myself but still, lawyers suck

You think that without the incentive of jail that these niggers would behave? KEK.

Not OP, but that sounds really impressive. How many houses do you rent out on average? And how do you find people who are willing to buy them? Advertise them, I mean.

t poor

Lawyers are sought after unlike sci majors, its a simple fact

Thoughts on mortgaging a home, then subleasing at a higher rate than the mortgage to pay for itself?

Inheriting will take a long time as my Dad isn't leaving me shit, my mom lives in an apartment, and my fiancée's parents are in their early 40s (had her very young)

Guess I'll continue my degree for now

I rent townhouses and currently I have 106 properties "occupied". Townhouses are great because they are cheap to buy or build especially if you buy into a new development. The area I'm in has seen nonstop crazy fucking growth in housing demands and it isn't slowing down. It's on track to be the second largest metro area in the country by 2030. I use a company to handle advertising for me, and I own a "property management service" which basically runs the day to day.

Except that your job market is saturated since everyone has a degree in Law nowadays. Face it OP, Math majors are rare and valuable, Lawyers are not.

not really ever a good idea. there is a ton of risk in that and if anything bad happens you end up eating it.

Yeah, thats why math majors have high demand and high salaries

Oh wait

>300k starting
>any job I want

Any tips for finding a good location to establish a small real estate company in?

And what countermeasures do you have in case anything huge goes wrong with a bunch of the properties you own?

look for a place with momentum and most importantly some kind of industry or source of jobs that will keep growing. Also buying into developments is great, or build your own properties. I paid as little as 30k a pop for townhomes in the early 2000s that are now demanding 3-4k a mo.

>I interprit made up rules for the benefit of me and my client
Humabities tier desu

>implying they don't

If you play your cards right and do some courses on PDEs and numerical methods you can rake in loads of cash.

Rentec. But not just finance, any company that does research will pay math majors pretty sweet bux. Especially IT companies.
Meanwhile you will have to slave for the owner of your office for the rest of your life, only to maybe open up your own office well into your 60s.

Veeky Forums is smarter and therefore more autistic.

aren't physicists and mathematician far more respected? they are where I'm from. In any case it's a moot point because they're far more relevant than legal studies.

Night vision optics.

$50 million contract starting