Admit it. You enjoy her books

Admit it. You enjoy her books.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kn7nlfoMcwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When I was prepubescent they were my favourite.

I enjoyed Harry Potter as a kid. Why wouldn't I admit that?

This board hates everything written by a women.

It is infested with /pol/tards

When I was a kid, sure.

Then again, when I was a kid Hermione was white.

i don't hate it because a phallically challenged human wrote it, i hate it because it is a shit book that is acclaimed by plebs for some retarded reason

>not liking Harry Potter as an adult makes you a /pol/tard

Not even when I was a kid. I always thought it was bland and boring.

But it's fucking cringeworthy to see adults talk about Harry Potter. It's pathetic, honestly. I can't respect any adult who reads YA.

OK I identified 3 problematic things you just said that mean I can't take your comment seriously:
1:
>phallically challenged
That implies women are less than men.

2:
>plebs
How dreadfully classist.

3:
>retarded
Really? You had to be ableist in bashing her and her books?
Think about how people who are infact differently abled would feel to read your comment.

Absolutely ruthless satire. The libs have been eviscerated.

She made a fun adventure for kids once upon a time but it shouldn't take a time-turner for her to realize her 15 minutes were up after that.

I couldn't fucking stand them. We had to read through the first 3 books in elementary school, and sit through an audiobook of one of them, and it was torture.

She's kinda hot though.

ok let me rephrase my comment, my good firend

i don't dislike it because of the gender of the person who wrote it, i fail to appreciate it because it is a basic book that is acclaimed by the mainstream for some unknown reason

She sacrificed a demon in order to get it famous.

Like George Lucas did with Star Wars.

Whats wrong with pol???

No, honestly not. When I was a kid I remember the library making a fuss over the Philosopher's Stone so I got it and it bored me. By that time I had already had experience with basic-tier fantasy and I found HP to just be an amalgam of tropes (though obviously as a kid I wouldn't know how to say that).

As an adult all I see when I am confronted by her creation are plot holes. Her delusional leftist drivel is also quite apparent now so that's another dealbreaker.

I was 2edgy when Harry Potter first started and only read Clive Barker and Warhammer 40k books. No interest in reading them now either but other people seem to like them so whatever

Never read her books, not even her pseudonym works.

What's the one she goes under to write Crime fiction? It's a man's name but I forgot.

I CONFESS. I ENJOYED HER BOOKS.

MAY GOD SMITE ME NOW

I hear this is the superior YA wizard book series.

Physically women can never compete with men and the most fit woman would never stand chance against the most fit man.

Can't say I've read them

Oh my goodness you kids take yourselves so damn seriously. Anyone who's deluded enough to lose respect for someone over a single author they like won't be missed. Read whatever you want.

I tried to read the first one when I was around 11 or 12 and it was pretty shitty so I just read LotR instead.

/pol/ hates everything written by a woman
Who was Ayn Rand?

If you're going to manufacture a slur, at least consider all the factors first.

/pol/ doesn't like Ayn Rand

I liked it, up until the exact moment I read book five in 3 days. Then I never touched a harry potter book again.

I did enjoy her books. 10 years ago.

But I didn't enjoy them because of simple literary merit, I enjoyed them because they were just well-written enough to produce an okay story.

I see her books like I see the commonly viewed entertaining TV-show. Not profound, but entertaining nonetheless.

Which is the first book? I've got two books, the wizard and the dragonfly and BOTH say they're the first book in the earthsea saga.

Now that´s what I call quality b8.
9,5/10, almost made be believe you.

I wish I did.
I would probably enjoy a new Harry Potter-ish series, if it had engaging characters and worldbuilding. That's where the real appeal of HP came from, not the plot or writing. It was the large cast, iconic characters, and setting that people liked to imagine living in.

But they do.

I love Harry Potter, maybe she's not the best writer of all time but the universe she created is really rich and coherent

I feel glad that i didnt even recognize who she was until i clicked the thread

Does anyone else think Harry Potter has been one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Stolen from /r/copypasta.

Why is Catch 22 in low-tier? Why is it even being compared to books like Harry Potter?

cuz it is a shit OMG so le quirky book

??? No it's fucking not. How the fuck is it "quirky"?

Pleb

I'd bet 200 bucks you haven't even read it.

I never read any of her books, but I must say I admire her.

Any writer who has the will-power to keep writing, to never give up, to keep moving forward, finishing projects and searching for publishers without letting the hunger die, any writer who does that deserves respect.

Of course, she got good results from sales early on, so the external motivation was being nourished already in the beginning of the Harry Potter series of books, but still she managed to write all of them, to invest time and effort in them, to finish the original project and then to move on to other goals. To me that is quite admirable.

Here she is in an early interview, a beginner writer, just like so many of us:

youtube.com/watch?v=kn7nlfoMcwQ

I can’t say that her kind of fiction is the one that interests me, but I respect her as a person who creates goals and then walks all the way towards them.

I forgot to say that when I was a kid the book that I really loved was this one (pic) about Gnomes. The woods were much more magical back then, when you thought that these elfs were living inside the trees and watching you from under the dead and rotten leaves.

My mom forced me to listen to her read them because she wanted to so no, I always hated them

never read them, but the movies are ok when i jack off to the wizard girl

I know that book!
Very nice drawings and stuff.