Study MechE

>Study MechE
>get results back
>do better than you've ever done before
>compare to friend who started studying much later (week before the exams) and was working at a job
>He gets 0.6 percent lower than me

H-how is this possible, I studied throughout the term, I studied much longer than him (10 hours average a day when lecturers were over)

And we got the same grade, I have no ill will towards him, I'm more angry at myself. I'm actually a retard.

So /r9k/ when did you realise you're stupid?

>10 hours a day

You're literally retarded if you did that and got anything wrong. Your friend is also better at studying than you, probably because they prioritise the most useful exercises and past exam papers.

Obviously not 10 hours of pure studying, We studied together, for a lot of it. I know I'm stupid why do you think I made this fucking thread.

It's called efficiency. It's like working out. You can hinder strength and muscle growth by over exercising. Rest periods is when the muscle grows and is probably similar to the brain retaining new info to be permanent.

he is probably lying, why do you trust him when he says he didnt really study much.

All you need to do to score above average grades is to get your hands on that professor's past exams. That's it. You don't need to study 10 hours a day, which I'm calling bullshit on.

Are you doing some kind of very hard graduate class? That could explain it though.

I asked to see my transcripts, I scored higher in dynamics and thermodynaics than i did in materials and numerical methods.

That's what i did, i did all their non past paper work during term and focused on past papers and potential questions after during exam period. I received a 2:1 which above average I guess.

I just don't know why he would lie.

>I just don't know why he would lie.
A lot of people say they don't study a lot while in actuality they do study a lot. I don't really know the motivation for that but it's well known that it happens.

But anyway some people just naturally have a better grasp of certain subjects, I've noticed this myself when I heard people complain about how difficult some subject is while for me it was ezpz (and the other way around of course).

You should just be happy that you're doing well, there will always be others who are better than you, don't let that get you down.

>10 hours average a day
You're a fucking brainlet if you needed this much time. Time to look for a mcjob.

If you're studying for 10 hours every single day you're not studying right.

10 hours a day during the exam period.I didn't get a bad grade... my friend just got the same grade as me without really trying...
That's true, I did beat him in other subjects, but he completely smashed me in the others.

Here is a pro tip*
He cheated you naive fuck.

What kind of grades have you been getting?

Is he me? 140+ IQs barely need to study.

IQ exists and some people have more of it than others

it's cool dude, this is how life works
if you did better than you thought YOU could, you should be proud of yourself

you are ok just the way you are

you cant discount the fact that some people are just bad test takers. i do fine in class and on homework and understand the material, but i suck at taking exams. i dont understand it but i make so many stupid mistakes on tests its ridiculous

>bad test takers
Never thought I'd see this brainlet meme on Veeky Forums.

>tfw i have 140+ IQ but also ADHD, so i failed everything initially.

Wish i could just coast like my fellow 140 bros.
Everyone looks at my GPA and thinks i'm a brainlet.

I hardly ever study and I get 95% marks or above. Some people are just better at tests.

Stop comparing yourself to others and youll be a lot happier in life

Numerical methods is the bomb
>favorite fucking branch of maths
>lectured on it this year by my favorite prof
>he left cos of brexit
>im sad

How do you explain being able to solve all problems in the book but not acing the exam?

To answer that question you have to look at what did you do wrong rather than what your friend did right. Check every mistake you made on the exam and analyse why you got it wrong and what you can do better next time.

>>he left cos of brexit

Hey retard, Brexit hasn't even fucking happened yet. Nice SJW shilling right here.