How does one stop feeling sad and start feeling happy instead?

How does one stop feeling sad and start feeling happy instead?

MDMA

do your chores, do some sports, take a walk, sit down in the sunlight for a while, call someone on the phone

>call someone [...]

Top kek

First step is realising you can never be truly happy and no one really is.

Only then will you stop chasing false ideals and you can experience SOME happiness.

This. And stop compairing yourself to others - people are good at putting a happy facade and actually feeling dead inside

Take shrooms and meditate

Drink alcohol daily in large quantities

Set rational goals, and pursue them

Then fail at reaching those goals, become severely depressed and an hero

see a psychologist

>happiness
No such thing.
This Universe is hell.
Either deal with it, or suicide.

be born with different genetics in a different environment

stop browsing Veeky Forums, for a start

Gratitude
Srs

Workout... seriously, helped me a lot when I had depression. When you start seeing your body grow in a good direction you'll feel good. Also creatine has a good effect on your comfort, just make sure you don't overuse (5g/day is enough). Tested on myself with positive results, depression mostly cured.

First off, get a check up with an MD; you may be ill.

With that said, don't buy into the false dichotomy of happy vs sad. It's insane to expect to be happy most the time. It's also abnormal to feel sad most the time.

It is normal to feel nothing most the time. Don't confuse feeling nothing for sadness, it's the default neutral state. I do my best work in that state.

Feeling neutral most the time is the goal. Happiness and sadness should pepper your life, not comprise it.

One has to trick one's mind into feeling happy. It's not easy.

This is actually true, you may not be "happy" after doing all this but you will definitely feel better.

Also, buy yourself something you wanted, drink some herbal tea or some beer, whatever mellows you out, and watch your favorite movie.

And, like others here have said, happiness is a meme, being comfy however is not.