How do you manage to read 600 page long books with half-page long sentences filled with details...

How do you manage to read 600 page long books with half-page long sentences filled with details? The only books I enjoy and don't bore me are scientific books.

By not being an autist with no imagination. And I'm in STEM.

I only read 300 or less page YA or space opera books these days because I sick of all the self-masturbatory pseudointellectual "literature" people shit out constantly. And I'm having much more fun with books because of it. That's what it's all about for me now. Not reading some trash by some fag who took a few creative writing courses and thinks they have something deep and meaningful to tell everyone.

Thanks but I can't change what I am
I'll try some of those, thanks

>I only eat prepackaged mac-and-cheese and potato chips these days because I sick of all the self-masturbatory pseudointellectual "cuisine" people shit out constantly. And I'm having much more fun with food because of it. That's what it's all about for me now. Not eating some trash by some fag who took a few creative cooking courses and thinks they have something sophisticated and delicious to feed me.

>I can't change what I am
What's the purpose of asking then?

>eating food is the same as having some faggot english major jack off and preach to me

look son, when you get out of high school, you'll realize that literary fiction is fucking garbage created by and for absolute wankers. then you can start thinking for yourself and having fun with your life without needing insights from self-important cunts

>mfw edgy college kid with working class mentality tries to impart wisdom to anyone

>look son, when you get out of college, you'll realize that being edgy is fucking garbage created by and for insecure wankers. then you can start thinking for yourself and having fun with your life without needing to constantly be edgy

>mfw spiritually dead modernists act like they have any kind of wisdom at all

To see if theres an accesible way to do it

it's cool you plebs need to be told how to live and what to think but not everyone needs their hand held and their ass wiped by some English major or "philosopher" lol

This is so deep and meaningful. Please share more of your insights.

this was meant for you faggot

>everything that's not YA or space opera is a philosophy book telling you what to do
kys

>*teleports behind you*
>Heh....nothing personnel...kid....

Modernism is the best movement you dolt

You're trying to go balls deep with books on the first date and then wondering why you're getting paper cuts. Literature is an exposition, not a race.

Pick up challenging books to test your limits, and when you find one that clicks use that writer and writers of a seemingly similar caliber to grow a new base camp from which to strike out from.

haha so you even come to Veeky Forums for others to tell you how to think and find meaning in your life because you're intellectual bankrupt on your own. I'm done with you, enjoy slurping on literary postmodern useless "deep and meaningful" cocks

Then why has it never made anyone happy?

>he can't get most basic sarcasm
>he's not trolling and actually a degenerate
W E W
E
W

Thanks user, finally getting something useful out of this

>high school
>wanker
Absolutely love when Americans pretend to be British on the internet

No problem, and happy travels

desu I often call secondary school "high school" online. It has much more of a punch for some reason—saying someone's from secondary school just sounds kind of...lame.

Yes they do

Oh I'm not British nor American, I just assumed he was trying to sound posh or something since I thought all Brits said "secondary school"

Ow the edge