Thoughts about "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind"?

Thoughts about "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind"?

and also an opinion on Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow since someone asked me to read it and i want to know if it's worth it.

I have yet to read it. Why not see if the local library has them (or one of them)?
So far it seems it might be worth to read them.

Sapiens wrote like a fucking homo. Would not recommend.

nice post
have an upvote!

It was quite good.

The basic idea is that all societies and human groups must create shared values and social institutions to bind everyone together and solve collective action problems. For most of our history religion filled this role.

a little bit bluepilled but i liked it

how that

Holy shit I hope they're joking

So highschool level pop-anthropology... might as well just go straight to Frazer

i'm not him, but there is some pretty feminist leaning parts but also he has a section about how all there is no pure culture so cultural appropriation isn't a thing. On balance i'd say it is over all a mix, I mean he basically argues that imperialism is a good thing.

Thank you, sir. *tips fedora*

EDIT: OH MY GOD MY FIRST GOLD THANK YOU KIND STRANGER

>some pretty feminist leaning parts
the only thing even remotely feminist in this book is that he doesn't know why men are dominating women in basically all human societies, but he says later that It's certainly because men are better than women in myth making and abstract thinking

not really feminist

you forgot the part where he advocates that women would make better military leaders

maybe he's right actually, testosterone = more impulsive decisions

ergo feminist thinking

"women are less socially intelligent than men and that's why they are dominated in virtually all human societies, but they are a little less impulsive"

this doesn't sound like something a feminist will say

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Doesn't sound like something anyone would say that knows anything

mate he literally talks about the patriarchy

the patriarchy is the normal in human societies

ok well that's it then you are a closet feminist in denial about your feminist views

I don't care about labels, feminism means many things to many people, for you it's the bogeyman

for me it is a broken ideology with no place in reasoned discourse