Kafka general?

Kafka general?

What is your favourite story of his?

Die Verwandlung. It's short but gets the message across. The message being whatever you deduct from it - but at the same time your opinion will always be true because the novel is just great and speaks to anyone.

It's a book everyone should read. It's not something that will force you to interprete it, but rather something that you cannot help but to interpret.
It's almost magicial.

Probably the Boy in the Bucket or whatever the hell it's called. Also The Burrow

My favourite is "eine kasierliche Botschaft" because it just sums up a main aspect of what Kafka's work is about for me. Not achieving your goal, even while trying your hardest, because your goal was, from the very beginning, so so much impossible, at least for you. You can observe it in the Trial, the Castle, and some other short stories by him.

Wtf is wrong with the people on this board? Can't you write the names of his stories in fuckin english?

>reading translations

consider suicide.

Us Amerifats need to pretend we can read in another language.

I wasn't quite sure how it was called in English.

Probably "Auf der Galerie" because it demonstrates the "Sein/schein-Problematik" in a simple and direct fashion.

Eine kaiserliche Botschaft is literally Borges.

Prozess, definitely. Short stories: Poseidon, Beschreibung eines Kampfes because it's a whole new level of Kafkaesque, and I love Ein Landarzt. Then again, the first chapter of Die Verwandlung is still the funniest thing I've ever read and the story is just so well done, and Kafka's own life adds a whole new, incredibly powerful dimension to stories like Urteil and Elf Söhne. Dang, it's difficult, he wrote so many great stories.

I'd say it's anything but simple tho.

A Country Doctor.

Kafka writes like shit.

My favourite short story of his is Das Urteil, and my favourite work overall either Das Schloss or Der Prozess.

You write like shit

An Imperial Message will always remain special for me as the first really mindblowing work I read by him.

The one where he turns into Bugs Bunny
and he tricks the Martian into zapping Nietzsche just in time to save Tweety from getting eaten

Who influenced this niqqa?

The hopelessness and despair that is life.

Read his diaries desu

Knut Hamsun, Robert Walser

Flaubert