Tfw speak Spanish and French with a heavy American accent

>tfw speak Spanish and French with a heavy American accent
>tfw Frenchie or Spaniard will ever take me seriously

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0VBGGaZvcmg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pEjG_rT6s
youtube.com/watch?v=97tS4ZSiAaw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a reasonably heavy accent (Yorkshire) and apparently sound Belgian when speaking French and Russian when speaking English to French people

To sum up: They probably won't give too much of a shit

>tfw still can't roll Rs

Look up demonstrations on Youtube and keep practising it.

>being this much of a pleb

sage shit thread

>tfw speak English, French and German without a Swedish accent
feels good

Can you vocaroo your accent? American French accents are top kek

>Swede speaks anything without retarded tonal fluctuations
top kek

HEY! Those are beautiful tonal fluctuations. People call it singing. Anyway, I don't think I do, at least not with English. Probably not with French or German either but I can't say for sure.

Anyway op, it's totally fixable. Just download audacity and use forvo.com to hear native speakers pronounce stuff, just do it side-by-side a couple of minutes per day til you get every unique sound down. To be honest though, you should've done this from the start since it's easier to build a proper foundation than to fix a broken one.

>tfw american
>tfw no one will ever take you seriously

C'est pas grave mon frère. Presque tous les français parlent anglais avec un accent fort. De plus, pour un américain, savoir simplement une autre langue est impressif.

This

> impressif

Hélas! Ma ruse est découverte. Je ne suis pas français.

I would take you seriously as long as you do it as well with me and my heavy Spanish accent when I try to speak English.

I can roll r's which makes me speak like the irish/people in north UK and since it is easier as I am french I fear of being mocked

Bilingual bros, when you speak in your second language do you still think in your native language or do you subconsciously switch?

>tfw you moved from your native country to America at the age of 5 and started learning English and your native language never progressed past the level of a child's, even though my thick disgusting accent never faded

feels bad guys

>be half spanish half dutch, speak both
>think in english irregardless of the language I'm speaking

vocaroo.com/i/s0VBGGaZvcmg

i tend to think in the same language of the country i'm living in at that moment

i rarely think in my own head but it depends

often it's erratic, I like swearing to myself in either language, thought is often in the language of the thing I'm thinking about, or whatever I last spoke in

>irregardless
Not a word

Sacrébleu!

When you arrive to the point where you can speak 2 or more lenguages fluently, the lenguages blend in your head and they work pretty much like different ways of saying the same thing. You don't translate , you simply talk.

>speak spanish and english with no accent
>only a slight accent in french
depends, i work in french so when im a work i think in french, when im around family or other hispanophones i think in spanish and at literally all other times i think in english.

english is by far my most developed language.

Tengo pirris yendo al poblao
Tengo pirris rehabilitaos
Tengo pirris en los juzgaos
Va por mi pirri que lo han encerrao

> On a board about literature
> Doesn't understand language is dynamic
I hate nu/Veeky Forums

>Spanish, the most low-class, low-IQ language there is

>German, only for autists and alt-right teens

>Italian, poseur pseud language

>French, the Official Poseur Pseud language, only with a limp-wristed effete

Is there any non-English language that isn't shit?

Suomi, Eesti, Magyar etc.

Is there any non-Uralic language that isn't shit?

Literally nobody gives a shit as long as you can make your point clearly.

>American
>cares whether Yuropoors take him seriously
choose one

Cuteeeeeeeee
> tfw no Swedish literary bf

>move to germany
>12 years ago
>still have an accent
>talk like a dumbass american
>am still unsure when writing
>write in german like a child
>people tell me my accent and writing style is quirky and cute

venga ya kinki

Nobody gives a shit about your accent.

T. Spaniard

Kek, just practise. Try to say guitarra a few times each day

If I have an internal monologue I have it in English
If I count or do math, it's in Mandarin

When I speak the words just come out - I don't think anyone "reads a script" in their head when speaking

However, when writing I do visualize myself speaking whichever language I'm using

you forgot to mention explicitly that you are dumb

But i'm not. I graduated 3 times in the first 5 years. despite that. It's the articles that fucked me up. I didn't learn them properly, and not knowing the articles basically fucks up the entire sentence.

Learn to vocalize nigger. Just practice.

Spanish and french are easy as fuck. You just need to properly pronounce the phonemes. English is much harder due to its inherent ambiguities.

1 - put your tongue in an "L" position.
2 - holding the "L" position, make the sides of your tongue touch your upper molars, and separate the tip of your tongue just a bit from your palate. You now have a weak spanish "R".
2.1 - The difference between this "R" and the english "R" is that the front of the tongue is drawn way back, while the spanish "R" is much more to the front, in the same position as the "L".
3 - Now, on the same spanish "R" position, just rise your whole tongue, and tense it up. You'll get a roll "R".

Como te pille por la calle te reviento payaso

Учи pyccкий, блядь

If you're a qtie and will cuddle and read classics with me every day I'll marry you

To me you sounded otherwise very British (though I'm Finnish myself so I'm not the best to comment), except when you said "It is" somewhere in the beginning, you made a very blatant "mistake" of not aspirating the t.

You're right. My pronunciation isn't as good as it can sometimes be right now, as I haven't spoken to Brits for a while - it's the small things that you kind of just pick up when talking to people who do it right. Thanks for pointing it out, though, I'm sure I'll be able to avoid it in the future now.

Practice with this song
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pEjG_rT6s

Por favor vete a la chingada de ida y vuelta. Por gente como tú el español es mal visto.

This one has a lot of hard Rs but they are pronounced softly and natural. Bonus points for something that can help you with girls.

youtube.com/watch?v=97tS4ZSiAaw

put your tongue in the position (don't move it at all) and blow air out of your mouth _Really Hard_. Once you get it you can start reducing the amount of air you use